MLB Changes 2020

kimball

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For four years, the RED DOT has returned annually to torment me. 

This year is no exception:

ff_3590694-4b3dc2de723f80862e3falt2_full

Anyone have a trebuchet or battering ram I can use to besiege the team offices?

I love the SOX logo alot but it looks weird on a jersey like that, especially weird since there is another logo saying SOX on the sleeve nearby.

I want to seem them do a black/silver/white version of the 1982 uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jp1409 said:

i6JqI0Y.gif

If you have seen that roast you would know that laugh is sarcastic  ( yes, i was amazed too seeing Mike had enough brain cells left to be sarcastic)  But what does that gif mean: "haha, it's funny"  or "haha sarcastic laugh"?

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For four years, the RED DOT has returned annually to torment me. 

This year is no exception:

ff_3590694-4b3dc2de723f80862e3falt2_full

Anyone have a trebuchet or battering ram I can use to besiege the team offices?

Ugh, one of the the worst logos in history.

A pictogram, so even the slowest (speciel) people will know what game they are seeing here in the stadium or on TV.

Brought to you by the same company that made these:

spacer.png

spacer.png 

3 hours ago, skip88 said:

If you have seen that roast you would know that laugh is sarcastic  ( yes, i was amazed too seeing Mike had enough brain cells left to be sarcastic)  But what does that gif mean: "haha, it's funny"  or "haha sarcastic laugh"?

Sarcastic laugh at New Era for being such douchebags about this... Moving the production to the cheapest places on earth to save time for design? I wasn't aware that their American seamstress are now designing their horrendous new stuff... That's probably the lamest reason they could come up with, I'd say it might be worse than Nike speak...

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I love the SOX logo alot but it looks weird on a jersey like that, especially weird since there is another logo saying SOX on the sleeve nearby.

I want to seem them do a black/silver/white version of the 1982 uniform.

I just mind that the “hands” are the only part that’s red on the whole uniform. Even the cap (which uses the same logo) uses silver. 

13 hours ago, MattMill said:

Fairly common, the St Patrick's 2020 on fields are mirror images of the regular ST hats, but all green/white

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=2020 Patrick's

What do I know though? This was bought 18 minutes ago

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/colorado-rockies/colorado-rockies-new-era-2020-st-patricks-day-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat-kelly-green/o-3487+t-58773160+p-70849589056+z-9-1182173431?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r6c0:po-18

People just can't say no, even if it's legitimately illegible

I posted all of these on my own Twitter page last night and yeah all of them, even on the St. Patrick's Day variety are all UGLY.

13 hours ago, skip88 said:

xfashfh.jpg

On 2/6/2020 at 7:41 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I just mind that the “hands” are the only part that’s red on the whole uniform. Even the cap (which uses the same logo) uses silver. 

I always thought the dot was the baseball, which really made the logo feel awkward.

2 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Ricky Bottalico is wearing an interesting sleeve patch in this recent NBC Philly promo. Looks like a history of Phillies logos. I've never seen this before

spacer.png

Man, those Carpool Karaoke segments are getting worse and worse...

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Ricky Bottalico is wearing an interesting sleeve patch in this recent NBC Philly promo. Looks like a history of Phillies logos. I've never seen this before

spacer.png

Its the Phillies Alumni logo

1*QwkDzG6JytZ5IfzhVqOfCA.jpeg

They wore something similar as a sleeve patch in 1983:

pillies-100th-anniversary.jpg  s-l1600.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, bcon_731 said:

Do the teams have an individual say what their hats will look like or does New Era just show them designs and teams just give them a thumbs up or thumbs down? 

Honestly it varies from "Just make something that sells", to some other teams being selective with the concepts. In this case; New Era told us (retailers) that they expect the ST hats to be "best sellers". So far unfortunately a lot of people have been buying them, but definitely not as much as the onfields.

SIG.png

I just wish the White Sox would ditch that stupid batterman logo on the jersey and use the classic, inconic old English Sox.  Then put the diamond sock back on the sleeve.  If they need to keep the batterman on the hat for spring training, I can deal with that.  But seeing the NASA Sox and the old English Sox on the same jersey is mind numbingly awful.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, MattMill said:

'Our design teams collaborate closely with the leagues and the individual teams. Each team chose the alternate logo they wanted us to use and we worked with them to bring each design to life in a way their players, coaches, and fans would appreciate”, Shanahan explained.

1. Y'all CLEARLY don't know what fans want.

2. That phrase "brought to life" reminds me of Frankenstein.  Good analogy of these hats. haha

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived