MLB Changes 2020

kimball

6 hours ago, Aznkid25 said:

Here’s the new MLB on-field Collection from Nike: dugout jacket & hood
spacer.png

Ima be honest.... If the Brewers have that at the team store, im prepared to drop however much of my tax return it takes to have those and a jersey.  As you all know, Im actually a fan of Nike so I dont mind the swoosh being everywhere and I like the designs too.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Ima be honest.... If the Brewers have that at the team store, im prepared to drop however much of my tax return it takes to have those and a jersey.  As you all know, Im actually a fan of Nike so I dont mind the swoosh being everywhere and I like the designs too.

Not sure if pricing is the same for all teams, but the sweatshirt is $89, the jacket is $240. 

3 hours ago, Aznkid25 said:

Not sure if pricing is the same for all teams, but the sweatshirt is $89, the jacket is $240. 

Is the jacket just a Majestic jacket with a swoosh or is it actually different?  I think the recent Majestics were $150. Either way I'm not paying $240.  The hoodie looks like it may be the same as the NFL sideline hoodies, which I can live with.  Those have always been nice.

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Is the jacket just a Majestic jacket with a swoosh or is it actually different?  I think the recent Majestics were $150. Either way I'm not paying $240.  The hoodie looks like it may be the same as the NFL sideline hoodies, which I can live with.  Those have always been nice.

I bought mine locally in a Pittsburgh suburb for 50. There was no way I was spending the money for a full price 150 majestic and less for a 240 nike

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

49 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Based on the Marlins fan fest photos, Nike just added their logo to the same old uniforms.  🙄  They have a new supplier!!! This was the best time to fix the uniforms!!!!!

This has been covered before but ICYMI, Nike signed on really late since the UA deal fell through. They couldn’t have developed a new uniform in time for this season. They could have probably rolled out their NCAA template though and it’s unclear why that wasn’t an option.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Based on the Marlins fan fest photos, Nike just added their logo to the same old uniforms.  🙄  They have a new supplier!!! This was the best time to fix the uniforms!!!!!

From what I understand, the 2021 season is when all teams should get redesigned jerseys, due to how late the UA deal fell through. 

11 hours ago, mjd77 said:

The new on-field jacket is very similar to this jacket previously sold by Nike:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/san-francisco-giants/san-francisco-giants-nike-performance-full-zip-jacket-anthracite/o-5609+t-92567783+p-3592479255+z-8-636261060
Main differences are: no hood, the sleeve patches, & the liquid chrome Nike logo on the chest. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

But the Blue Jays and Rangers got new blue jerseys/uniforms?  Miami doesn't need a full redesign (imo) they just need colored names and numbers on the jerseys. 

If the process had already started, there was no stopping it. It then also means that other teams didn't get the re-design as it was too late in the process.

It's where I sit.

I'm a little surprised that the Marlins didn't make any adjustments before the 2020 season given the conspicuous issues with the set--primarily with the black alternate and its illegibility. They could be giving Nike a little more time to get settled in, but I wonder if they are worried about the optics of overhauling the designs after only one year.

I have some strong personal feelings about the rebrand obviously, but I sense there is a consensus that the black alternate needs a major tweak and a blue alternate of some sort needs to be in the mix for game use. Proponents and opponents of the new look can both agree on those two points at least and I'm certain that the changes will come eventually.

36 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I'm a little surprised that the Marlins didn't make any adjustments before the 2020 season given the conspicuous issues with the set--primarily with the black alternate and its illegibility. They could be giving Nike a little more time to get settled in, but I wonder if they are worried about the optics of overhauling the designs after only one year.

I have some strong personal feelings about the rebrand obviously, but I sense there is a consensus that the black alternate needs a major tweak and a blue alternate of some sort needs to be in the mix for game use. Proponents and opponents of the new look can both agree on those two points at least and I'm certain that the changes will come eventually.

I’ve got a solution for the black alt- ditch it. I don’t mind the use of the color black, but it’s use has been the one constant and largest negative in the franchise’s uniform history. The color black completely pushed out both teal and orange colored uniform options. Now this team has adopted a great shade of blue, and it is being lost in the overuse of the color black. There is so much potential and the Marlins are making the same mistakes for a 3rd time.

3 minutes ago, BC985 said:

I’ve got a solution for the black alt- ditch it. I don’t mind the use of the color black, but it’s use has been the one constant and largest negative in the franchise’s uniform history. The color black completely pushed out both teal and orange colored uniform options. Now this team has adopted a great shade of blue, and it is being lost in the overuse of the color black. There is so much potential and the Marlins are making the same mistakes for a 3rd time.

Oh, I agree completely. But since black has become the dominant color of the brand identity, I can't imagine them ditching the alternate. Realistically I think the best we can hope for would be adding a blue wordmark and numbers to it.

Some black can work in the set, though. 96-2002 was the sweet spot when they had the black caps, black undershirt beneath the vests, but no solid black alternate. The teal still managed to pop but not in a tacky way.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, the Diamondbacks this year.

Didn't they just overhaul a look that had been in place since 2016?

I do wonder if there would be precedence (in recent history at least) for the Marlins to either drop or majorly tweak one of their jerseys only a year after a full rebranding.

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, the Diamondbacks this year.

4 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Didn't they just overhaul a look that had been in place since 2016?

I do wonder if there would be precedence (in recent history at least) for the Marlins to either drop or majorly tweak one of their jerseys only a year after a full rebranding.

Correct the dbacks changed to the dark gray weird shoulders look in 2016. I'm talking about one season to the very next. I'm not sure it's happened. 

13 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

How often has a team a year after a major overhaul changed uniforms? 

Are you talking about all jerseys of a set or just a home or road?

The Padres’ 2016 unis were one-year wonders.

The 1990 Cubs had the short stubby “Chicago” jersey before tweaking the font in 1991. 

The 1987 Mets had road jerseys that lasted one year too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived