MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Wonder if that ends up getting worn at home with the White Pinstripes? The standard Brown Jersey is the official Road Jersey, so... I don't think it could be worn at home

Probably not outside BP.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's not bad, but that white outline is.

Totally not necessary, only muddies up the monogram.

Looking at these unis, a simple spring training cap could of been just a regular white panel front, brown panels and yellow brim. But thanks New Era more garbage that'll end up in trash island floating in the pacific 

22 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Nazi cap junked as it should be as its an ugly POS, the Padres Spring uni is not bad up close

spacer.png

As a Padres fan myself I'm biased; but these ST unis are great. I always hated the interlocking SD look on the blue jerseys because they were bland. But in brown and yellow it looks distinguishable. It's also weird seeing Trevor Hoffman wearing brown and yellow since he wore blue in his playing days. Also of note is that those are the pants that will be worn with the regular road uniform (brown top with tan pants). This shade of tan looks better than the shade used on the 2004-2010 away uniforms.

Spring Training 2020: A Look at MLB Spring Logos

February 14, 2020 - 19:34 PM

With Spring Training finally here(!), what better time to take a good look at Major League Baseball’s logo package for the 2020 Spring Training session. As has been a running theme now over the past several springs, the league is […]

Read More...

On 2/13/2020 at 8:07 PM, shstpt1 said:

Wonder if that ends up getting worn at home with the White Pinstripes? The standard Brown Jersey is the official Road Jersey, so... I don't think it could be worn at home

They've said they want to keep the look as simple as they can at first so they'll probably just wear white at home (besides the camo).

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

WTF is Nike doing...which galaxy brain over in Beaverton was like "everyone remembers Mike Piazza on the late 80s Mets!"

ff_3599477-321a18587987c596fc1ealt1_full

This is worse than the "throwback" college jerseys they sell with a former player on the current style/design/template. Other than template, schools like Michigan, Oklahoma, etc who never change desgin can get away with it, but for example Michael Jordan never wore this:

ff_2705059alt1_full.jpg&w=900

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Seaver did actually wear that uniform.

Seaver-1983.png

Ah, I see that you removed the shot of the Seaver jersey.

Anyway, what is this crap with the lack of a front number?

Yeah I didn’t remember Seaver wearing that jersey but he did. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Seeing some Brewers spring training pics with regular game caps being worn, the "new" BiG defintiely needs a thicker yellow outline on the hats.

I said this from day 1. It lacks character. The outline has looked off for months and months. No one believed me. 

I got laughed at at and told it wasn't accurate

19 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Seaver did actually wear that uniform.

Seaver-1983.png

Ah, I see that you removed the shot of the Seaver jersey.

Anyway, what is this crap with the lack of a front number?

I don’t get this.  Majestic did the same thing with Reds jerseys.  It’s actually worse with them because the number is more critical to the overall balance of the shirt.  All Reds throwback pullovers lack the number 

5 hours ago, MattMill said:

I said this from day 1. It lacks character. The outline has looked off for months and months. No one believed me. 

I got laughed at at and told it wasn't accurate

One guy saying it doesn't make it accurate. Also, do you do anything here other than whine? No wonder people "laugh at" what you say.

Archived