MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Yeah matte is a case by case bases. I feel like the royal blue teams look better gloss , same with the black teams. The nationals has grown on me but I think the dbacks had brick maybe lids and they looked terrible. 

I dont think trying to match with the hat material on the helmet is necessary. I prefer the distinction between the two.

I can see the argument for black but can I see an example of a gloss royal blue you prefer? Blue helmets going to matte, like the Dodgers, is among my favorite examples for the superiority of matte in baseball.

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I can see the argument for black but can I see an example of a gloss royal blue you prefer? Blue helmets going to matte, like the Dodgers, is among my favorite examples for the superiority of matte in baseball.

Dodgers works because they don't wear alternate's and they're really a royal and white team. ( Red number excluded) Teams that have multiple colors and wear royal alternates would look bad with matte. Mets and Blue Jays come to mind. 

2020 Spring Training New Team Uniforms, Patches, and Logos

February 22, 2020 - 17:02 PM

Psst… there’s a full slate of baseball games today. Just reading that it’s startin’ to feel a little more like Spring now isn’t it (just, try not to look out the window) With the new Spring Training season upon us, […]

Read More...

I don't think the cosmetic changes to the Phanatic are specific to this case - I think it's just a really really really weird coincidence... though I could certainly be wrong.

The Phanatic legal stuff came out last summer.  I don't understand "renegotiate" vs "reclaim".  If the Phillies don't "renegotiate" with them, do they just "reclaim" the rights?  That doesn't sound like a renegotiation.

Curious why this hasn't come up before with other logos - like, couldn't the guy that designed the Nike Swoosh "renegotiate" its rights?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Its looking like the Twins wont have a gray jersey. They have only shown the navy road uniforms.

I hope not. Their Grey Road Uniform is the best one in their current mis-match of a Uniform set. Even so, mlbshop.com refers to the Navy "Minnesota" script Jersey as "Nike Navy Alternate." Not "Nike Gray Road" like the other 28 non-Padres teams do.

https://www.mlbshop.com/minnesota-twins/mens-minnesota-twins-nike-navy-alternate-2020-60th-season-authentic-team-jersey/t-25771062+p-4785923361017+z-9-909293317?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c0:po-12

Speaking of the Twins set, they have so many inconsistencies with their set. The Gray Road is amazing, the White Home would be great if they got rid of Gold, the Navy alt is good, the Powder Blue 70's throwback is decent, and the Red and Home Navy Alts are hot garbage. They really shouldn't have shoehorned in Gold in 2015 after the 2014 ASG. The Twins should always wear White Pinstripe Jerseys, wether it be the '61-'71 Home/'10-18 Alt, or the '87-'14 Home.

da0Lbhs.png

Spoiler

-- skinnier body

-- shorter and thicker snout, and the fuzz at the base is gone

-- purple on eyes changed from shells to stars

-- eyebrows and added tail feathers are a lighter shade of blue

-- now has wings and visible hands, replacing giant furry hands

-- red stirrups changed to blue socks

-- green/white shoes changed to red

5 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Hide contents

-- skinnier body