MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I like the current one much better. 

spacer.png

I really don't see what this new wordmark (and alphabet) bring to the White Sox set other than muddying up an otherwise solid brand.

According to the studio’s website, “The style of the wordmark pulls elements from the prior "White Sox" script logos as well as characteristics from the current "Chicago" script. It features minor bumps and hiccups along the contours of the letters as a nod to the imperfections of baseball's rich aesthetic history while still creating a unique mark with its own distinguished personality.”

To me, the new “White Sox” mark has a subtle laid back, retro vibe. Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like something from the crazy old Comiskey days. That said, it looks like it would be tough to pull it off with the road mark because it is so well executed as you show.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I like the current one much better. 

spacer.png

I really don't see what this new wordmark (and alphabet) bring to the White Sox set other than muddying up an otherwise solid brand.

I actually wish they would use a black & white version of this:

spacer.png

Ribbons on Caps as MLB Teams, Players Remember 9-11

September 11, 2019 - 18:56 PM

All across Major League Baseball tonight players, coaches, and umpires will be wearing a special ribbon patch on the side of their caps in memory of those lost on September 11, 2001. The patch consists of a red, white, and […]

Read More...

I HATE when shadows are outlined. Totally defeats the purpose of a shadow

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The White Sox uniforms for next season should be based on the 1987-1990 set based on the script of those ugly players weekend sets. On a Side note for the Southsiders, SCEA in MLB 20 The Show should add the 1979 White Sox White Top/Blue Trousers and Blue Top/White Trousers so that you can do plenty of mix n matching. I hate how they have the 1983 Home but not the 1983 AWAY!

Archived