MLB Changes 2020

kimball

7 hours ago, Digby said:

I will say that Franklin ascended several spots on my list after his 🔥 performance with Pharrell at the NBA All-Star Game a couple years back. Feels like Philly is sleeping on Franklin.

The dumb dog mascot for the 76ers?

It goes Phanatic > Gritty >>> Swoop >>>> the rest

Also back to the phantic, I think if the new costume had the regular blue for above his eyes and tail it wouldn't look too jarring.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Gritty sucks. It was funny for like 5 minutes and then like most stuff on the internet went too far into trying to be funny that it got stupid.

That opinion isn't shared locally.  I got a kick out of the Gritty Valentines day cards I got this year.  Memeish?  Maybe.  But "over"?  Not yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Brewers don't have a BP/ST jersey? 

seems like a decent amount of teams with a solid-colored jersey already in their rotation don't. could that be a nike coming late to the party thing? like, maybe they're going to re-do all the ST/BP jerseys, but didn't have time to do it the way the deal came together late after under armor pulled out?

sig2024.png

29 minutes ago, Brian E said:

seems like a decent amount of teams with a solid-colored jersey already in their rotation don't. could that be a nike coming late to the party thing? like, maybe they're going to re-do all the ST/BP jerseys, but didn't have time to do it the way the deal came together late after under armor pulled out?

I asked because I saw the Brewers wearing their home primaries in a spring game and it stood out since they just rebranded but now that I looked at a few more teams I see that several teams including the Twins and Marlins have worn their home whites in spring games along with colored alternates and many of the colored alternates are the same ones seen in the regular season so yeah it looks like way less teams have a specific ST/BP jersey that "can't" be used in a regular season game. And fyi I did notice the Brewers wore the navy Milwaukee alternates in a spring game too so maybe that one is their "primary ST/BP jersey."

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

I asked because I saw the Brewers wearing their home primaries in a spring game and it stood out since they just rebranded but now that I looked at a few more teams I see that several teams including the Twins and Marlins have worn their home whites in spring games along with colored alternates and many of the colored alternates are the same ones seen in the regular season so yeah it looks like way less teams have a specific ST/BP jersey that "can't" be used in a regular season game. And fyi I did notice the Brewers wore the navy Milwaukee alternates in a spring game too so maybe that one is their "primary ST/BP jersey."

i know the yankees had/have a tradition of wearing their pinstripes for their home opener, then going to the navy. maybe other teams have a similar policy?

sig2024.png

14 hours ago, Digby said:

I will say that Franklin ascended several spots on my list after his 🔥 performance with Pharrell at the NBA All-Star Game a couple years back. Feels like Philly is sleeping on Franklin.

Franklin sucks. Sixers mascots go hip-hop> big shot > franklin

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

i know we hadn't seen the mets' dugout jacket yet, so here it is. it's got contrasting sleeves:

More than half the teams do.  16 of the 22 we've seen so far, but not all have been released.

https://www.mlbshop.com/?query=Authentic Collection Dugout Full-Zip Jacket

The White Sox have two jackets with contrasting sleeves.

ff_3591873-40e520b595a090be4d7a_full.jpgff_3591872-e108aeef4951691c672e_full.jpg

8 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Anyone know what snapback the Angels were wearing today? I saw a small clip of Bundy pitching and they were wearing a black ne snap with what looked like red lettering. 

I don't know if it was today and I didn't see the cap but I know the Angels were gonna wear caps to honor that baseball coach who passed away in the Kobe Bryant accident, his name is slipping my mind at the moment. Maybe this is the cap you saw?

Archived