kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

From what I'm hearing, there is no plan to wear them at home.  But that could change if the jerseys sell well (or if they don't).

Or if they get superstitious and decide the blue tops are good luck, like the Nats. 

Edited by RedKub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 1:02 AM, Anubis2051 said:

Has anyone found a collection of the pullovers a lot of teams have been wearing for ST warmups?

 

hey, just letting you know that those short sleeve pullovers are up for most teams on mlbshop. the current sale code works on them, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if this top is anything official that might be available to fans or anyone seen other teams using this? It's definitely not a regular dugout jacket. Looks like a warm up top but it's actually long sleeves, it has a front number, and the contrasting sleeves which is what made me inquire about it. I posted the video below if you wanna see it in motion and zoomed out farther as this is just the screengrab...

pkkfxbd4mqepf43pf2t5

https://www.mlb.com/video/brian-anderson-on-injury-recovery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhat odd sighting; on Saturday Yu Darvish wore his regular Cubs hat while the team wore ST hats. He might be doing that all of ST?

 

EP-302299904.jpg&updated=202002291918&Ma

 

Screen_Shot_2020_02_24_at_6.26.46_PM.0.p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll reel him in. There's always at least one dissenter whenever special caps are in play, and they always real them in. Jon Lester wore his regular cap during Player's Weekend 2019, for instance. Heck, when MLB started putting the New Era insignia on the side of the caps in 2017, Kyle Hendricks wore a cap without the insignia for his first few starts and that wasn't tolerated for very long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any large retailer selling the SPT unis? Other then going to ballparks is their any other options? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Anyone know if this top is anything official that might be available to fans or anyone seen other teams using this? It's definitely not a regular dugout jacket. Looks like a warm up top but it's actually long sleeves, it has a front number, and the contrasting sleeves which is what made me inquire about it. I posted the video below if you wanna see it in motion and zoomed out farther as this is just the screengrab...

pkkfxbd4mqepf43pf2t5

https://www.mlb.com/video/brian-anderson-on-injury-recovery

It might be this: https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/miami-marlins/miami-marlins-fanatics-branded-iconic-clutch-quarter-zip-pullover-jacket-black/blue/o-1254+t-36441093+p-14735566397+z-9-1131529024?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r4c2:po-14

 

it looks fairly close from what I can tell.

EDIT: So the link isn’t it. From looking at Fanatics website I didn’t see anything that matches that item specifically 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 1:25 PM, RedKub said:

They'll reel him in. There's always at least one dissenter whenever special caps are in play, and they always real them in. Jon Lester wore his regular cap during Player's Weekend 2019, for instance. Heck, when MLB started putting the New Era insignia on the side of the caps in 2017, Kyle Hendricks wore a cap without the insignia for his first few starts and that wasn't tolerated for very long. 

The Cubs wore white on Players Weekend last year. Pitchers couldn't wear white hats. They either had to wear a black version or their regular hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McCall said:

The Cubs wore white on Players Weekend last year. Pitchers couldn't wear white hats. They either had to wear a black version or their regular hat.

No, they had to wear black hats, they couldn't wear their regular hats. Lester (and the rest of the team) just did it anyway. The position players were supposed to wear the white hats, and Lester a black hat. MLB sent an edict to all teams telling them to follow the rules after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I misremembered that. I knew someone who wasn't supposed to wear the regular hat wore it anyway on day 1 and got the edict for the rest of it, but I forgot it was the whole team. I try my best to block that weekend out of my memory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that mlbshop.com is seemingly adding a bunch of new gear to the site almost every other day.  But theres still a lot that needs to be added.

 

For example, Yelich is always seen wearing this simple long sleeve shirt as seen in the embedded video, but its not on the site.  How hard is it to add a simple long sleeve shirt to the online store website?  

 

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1234897929690738688?s=20

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I love that mlbshop.com is seemingly adding a bunch of new gear to the site almost every other day.  But theres still a lot that needs to be added.

 

For example, Yelich is always seen wearing this simple long sleeve shirt as seen in the embedded video, but its not on the site.  How hard is it to add a simple long sleeve shirt to the online store website?  

 

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1234897929690738688?s=20

 

 

 

Doing things right is incredibly hard for Fanatics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I love that mlbshop.com is seemingly adding a bunch of new gear to the site almost every other day.  But theres still a lot that needs to be added.

 

For example, Yelich is always seen wearing this simple long sleeve shirt as seen in the embedded video, but its not on the site.  How hard is it to add a simple long sleeve shirt to the online store website?  

 

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1234897929690738688?s=20

 

 


Tell me about it. I like the new dugout jackets and have been waiting for the Cardinals version to go up. It would be nice to have during the spring when wearing a jacket is the norm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BC985 said:


Tell me about it. I like the new dugout jackets and have been waiting for the Cardinals version to go up. It would be nice to have during the spring when wearing a jacket is the norm. 

 

Exactly, I was about ready to jump on the Brewers therma pullover and hot jacket, but they dont really have any long sleeve shirts available to wear under the hot jacket.  Cant see myself getting the dugout jacket until maybe September-October, and I already have way too many hoodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I love that mlbshop.com is seemingly adding a bunch of new gear to the site almost every other day.  But theres still a lot that needs to be added.

 

For example, Yelich is always seen wearing this simple long sleeve shirt as seen in the embedded video, but its not on the site.  How hard is it to add a simple long sleeve shirt to the online store website?  

 

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1234897929690738688?s=20

 

 

Their inventory encompasses fansedge, Lids, and Fanatics, among other sites. They have a huge monopoly.  I hate what they've done to the genre. Such cookie cutter generic items

 

Question. Do team shops at stadiums have a different or varying selection? What about random apparel shops in MLB towns? I don't see much of a web presence for these smaller guys. I still have yet to see the new BiG cap in the wild. 

 

They have such a monopoly but only have 4-5 of various on field sizes. Once they're sold out, they seem to be gone forever. Restocks are so rare and random. I've given up on all of those sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Their inventory encompasses fansedge, Lids, and Fanatics, among other sites. They have a huge monopoly.  I hate what they've done to the genre. Such cookie cutter generic items

 

Question. Do team shops at stadiums have a different or varying selection? What about random apparel shops in MLB towns? I don't see much of a web presence for these smaller guys. I still have yet to see the new BiG cap in the wild. 

 

They have such a monopoly but only have 4-5 of various on field sizes. Once they're sold out, they seem to be gone forever. Restocks are so rare and random. I've given up on all of those sites. 

 

A lot of the teams individual clubhouse shops around the cities are all owned by Lids, and therefore fanatics. I know both the Yankees and the Mets are for sure. 

 

The stadiums tend to have mostly the same stuff, but a few exclusives thrown in here and there. In NY/NJ I've found that Modells tends to have the most variety that differs from the Fanatics affiliated shops.

 

Online the best option for variety seems to be the individual manufacturer sites, IE '47 Brand, Majestic, etc. but for MLB I've found some cool stuff on the European store and Amazon.co.jp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blending eras like this really ticks me off, but since it features powder blue and Stan the Man it is probably the best selling Cardinals t-shirt out there. This is not a swipe at Nike because Majestic sold the same shirt.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MattMill said:

Their inventory encompasses fansedge, Lids, and Fanatics, among other sites. They have a huge monopoly.  I hate what they've done to the genre. Such cookie cutter generic items

 

Question. Do team shops at stadiums have a different or varying selection? What about random apparel shops in MLB towns? I don't see much of a web presence for these smaller guys. I still have yet to see the new BiG cap in the wild. 

 

They have such a monopoly but only have 4-5 of various on field sizes. Once they're sold out, they seem to be gone forever. Restocks are so rare and random. I've given up on all of those sites. 

 

3 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

 

A lot of the teams individual clubhouse shops around the cities are all owned by Lids, and therefore fanatics. I know both the Yankees and the Mets are for sure. 

 

The stadiums tend to have mostly the same stuff, but a few exclusives thrown in here and there. In NY/NJ I've found that Modells tends to have the most variety that differs from the Fanatics affiliated shops.

 

Online the best option for variety seems to be the individual manufacturer sites, IE '47 Brand, Majestic, etc. but for MLB I've found some cool stuff on the European store and Amazon.co.jp.

 

Both items I got my parents, and the items we got my uncle, were team store exclusives.  Brewers store at Miller Park in mid-December.  So with that being said I hope the Miller Park store has pretty much everything available already (at least everything the team has gotten from Nike), as a friend who has been there recently told me the Nike selection was gigantic, but i'm cautiously optimistic to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only speak for the Marlins team store but I feel like I see A LOT of exclusive items there that are not sold online. I would actually say it feels like a whole different inventory than the online store with the exception of the official on field stuff. Plenty of more options and variety of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.