kimball

MLB Changes 2020

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I can only speak for the Marlins team store but I feel like I see A LOT of exclusive items there that are not sold online. I would actually say it feels like a whole different inventory than the online store with the exception of the official on field stuff. Plenty of more options and variety of things.

That's pretty common, I think.  

I can only speak to Miller Park and Yankee Stadium, as the two parks I visit multiple times every year, but they always have exclusive items that never seem to make it online.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's pretty common, I think.  

I can only speak to Miller Park and Yankee Stadium, as the two parks I visit multiple times every year, but they always have exclusive items that never seem to make it online.

Target Field has a lot of exclusive items. You can barely find an official Bomba Squad shirt online, but at Target Field you can find 5 different designs.

Ignore me if this has been mentioned, but the Indians have been wearing their script "Indians" navy jerseys during Spring Training.

Last regular season they had replaced them with block "CLEVELAND" navy jerseys. They also wore script "Indians" red jerseys, new for last season as well.

1 hour ago, LEWJ said:

Ignore me if this has been mentioned, but the Indians have been wearing their script "Indians" navy jerseys during Spring Training.

Last regular season they had replaced them with block "CLEVELAND" navy jerseys. They also wore script "Indians" red jerseys, new for last season as well.

I'd say these are still considered ST jerseys...

ff_3590620-ddc3fc4f3c93c0c8e363alt1_full

kinda glad the expos dont exist anymore because seeing our corporate overloads bastardize their unis would be disappointing 

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

kinda glad the expos dont exist anymore because seeing our corporate overloads bastardize their unis would be disappointing 

spacer.png

About as close as you're going to get for now

On 3/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, itsmb8 said:

I love that mlbshop.com is seemingly adding a bunch of new gear to the site almost every other day.  But theres still a lot that needs to be added.

For example, Yelich is always seen wearing this simple long sleeve shirt as seen in the embedded video, but its not on the site.  How hard is it to add a simple long sleeve shirt to the online store website?  

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1234897929690738688?s=20

With the press conference today about the extension, televised on MLB Network, it's quite the slap in the face that the shirt still isn't available on the Shop.

IK what youre gonna say "cmon bro its just a shirt," but its just confusing why some items are available and others arent.

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

With the press conference today about the extension, televised on MLB Network, it's quite the slap in the face that the shirt still isn't available on the Shop.

IK what youre gonna say "cmon bro its just a shirt," but its just confusing why some items are available and others arent.

Anything going on in China lately?

Jersey prices are a joke now, $400+

smh

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/jerseys/o-2321+d-42446712+z-8813-147435015?pageSize=72&sortOption=HighestPrice&query=2020

But okay, people seem to be buying them, at least it looks that way, with the "Last purchased XX minutes ago"  Is that something  we can believe and trust?

guess i am out, i thought $300 was more than enough. Don't think the jerseys was even worth that.  

Posted (edited)

Not for nothing but I was able to buy a Fernando Tatis, Jr. replica home brown pinstripe Padres jersey in-person at a mom and pop sports store chain called Sports Fever in San Diego. The jersey is a legitimate Nike product (Swoosh and all). It's a great jersey; the only thing it doesn't include is the Swinging Friar patch on the left sleeve since it's just a replica. Even for a replica jersey with a player name on the back, it was reasonably priced at $130. This store had a fantastic selection of  new Padres jerseys as well as new brown merchandise that I have not been able to find at all through Fanatics/MLB Shop . I'd highly recommend going that route for a new Nike jersey. I even spotted a bevy of Manny Machado replica home brown pinstripe jerseys at a Dick's Sporting Goods in the same mall as the Sports Fever and those were around $130 as well. I think it's best going that route as Fanatics does not want to seem to expand its online inventory beyond the most expensive and even out-of-date items.

Edited by OBomb
Wrong location of Swinging Friar patch was shown in the original post.

22 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I'd say these are still considered ST jerseys...

ff_3590620-ddc3fc4f3c93c0c8e363alt1_full

Ah! Had me fooled.

Thanks! I guess I should be disappointed, this probably means last year's navy jersey will live on. haha

12 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

That's a beyond pathetic reason for being glad a team doesn't exist just because they would have a nike swoosh on their jersey.

I don't know what looks more out of place.  The swoosh on the front of the jerseys or on the back of the pants.  I don't really have a problem with Nike putting their logo on the front, but something about the placement doesn't seem right, compared to how it is on NBA jerseys or even how it is in junior hockey with CCM. Maybe, it's just something that I'll have to get use to.

8 hours ago, skip88 said:

Jersey prices are a joke now, $400+

smh

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/jerseys/o-2321+d-42446712+z-8813-147435015?pageSize=72&sortOption=HighestPrice&query=2020

But okay, people seem to be buying them, at least it looks that way, with the "Last purchased XX minutes ago"  Is that something  we can believe and trust?

guess i am out, i thought $300 was more than enough. Don't think the jerseys was even worth that.  

The truly insane part of this is that it's actually cheaper in Canada, at least for a Blue Jays jersey.  How often does that ever happen.

https://www.jaysshop.ca/mens-nike-vladimir-guerrero-jr-white-toronto-blue-jays-home-2020-authentic-player-jersey/p-69840092433099+z-73-3848365377?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

7 minutes ago, M4One said:

The truly insane part of this is that it's actually cheaper in Canada, or at least for a Blue Jays jersey.  How often does that every happen.

https://www.jaysshop.ca/mens-nike-vladimir-guerrero-jr-white-toronto-blue-jays-home-2020-authentic-player-jersey/p-69840092433099+z-73-3848365377?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

I mean, not really.  That jersey is just 20 USD cheaper than the Home Cream Yelich jersey, but the Yelich jersey has 2 sleeve patches while the Jays jersey has none.

On top of the Marlins wearing mostly black, white and gray during the regular season, we can barely see their "colores" because most ST games ain't televised.  🙄 

13 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I mean, not really.  That jersey is just 20 USD cheaper than the Home Cream Yelich jersey, but the Yelich jersey has 2 sleeve patches while the Jays jersey has none.

The Jays jersey is in Canadian dollars.  The different currencies do make it a little harder to compare.  Main point is that the prices for MLB jerseys are ridiculous.

Posted (edited)

Even though they were lambasted both hear and abroad, I went out and purchased the Dodgers Spring Training caps...meaning I got the regular one AND the St. Patrick’s Day version. Personally the Dodgers ones don’t look too bad. I can’t comment on the other terms though.

Edited by Ben in LA
Embedded first an Instagram post; that didn’t work. So I embedded my Twitter post instead.

12 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Even though they were lambasted both hear and abroad, I went out and purchased the Dodgers Spring Training caps...meaning I got the regular one AND the St. Patrick’s Day version. Personally the Dodgers ones don’t look too bad. I can’t comment on the other terms though.

What about spending 500 on the most stupid :censored: i have ever seen?

Snapback Adjustable Hat

7 minutes ago, skip88 said:

What about spending 500 on the most stupid :censored: i have ever seen?

Snapback Adjustable Hat

Only 4 left as of the time of this posting.

People are spending money on this kind of thing.  People literally have the disposable income to spend up to $500 on a hat made up of cut-up jerseys.  What in the what?