kimball

MLB Changes 2020

12 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Bring back the Health patch! (Or tweak it to Social Distancing)

Love this idea!! A nice throwback, plays with baseball's historical significance in American culture, and appropriate for what we're all going through right now.

spacer.png

I just wonder if they are using it since the people on the bridge are far apart from each other, like social distancing.

I'm not sure if "letting their fabrics be used" is really the right choice of words, but yes.  Initial runs are all Yankees and Phillies pinstripes.  But as production gears up, they'll start using other team materials as well.

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm not sure if "letting their fabrics be used" is really the right choice of words, but yes.  Initial runs are all Yankees and Phillies pinstripes.  But as production gears up, they'll start using other team materials as well.

Probably the only real identifiable ones. Every one else’s are just plain white, or grey, or share a pinstripe color with another team.

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Probably the only real identifiable ones. Every one else’s are just plain white, or grey, or share a pinstripe color with another team.

Why do you think “identifiable” is the criteria they’ll employ?  They have more plain white and plain gray fabric on hand than anything else. 

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Why do you think “identifiable” is the criteria they’ll employ?  They have more plain white and plain gray fabric on hand than anything else. 

I meant those are the 2 that have been identified because they are the easiest to identify. 

9 hours ago, dont care said:

The factory is in Easton PA (about 90 mins from Phila), and (as I just found out) Fanatics is owned by one of the Sixers owners, so he probably just made a phone call.

Philanthropy is the future of marketing... and everyone knows who the teams are that are involved, so...

2 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I saw this tweet this morning, are Phil and Phillis still an official logo?

I imagine if the Phanatic deal goes really south we could be seeing them again more.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:52 PM, Gothamite said:

Initial runs are all Yankees and Phillies pinstripes.  But as production gears up, they'll start using other team materials as well.

I wonder how long it will be before we see masks with the Cubs' royal blue pinstripes.

19 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I saw this tweet this morning, are Phil and Phillis still an official logo?

No. Retired in 1980.

That uniform looks odd with an outlined script but not outlined numbers.

4 minutes ago, Quillz said:

That uniform looks odd with an outlined script but not outlined numbers.

I kind of like it that way. Even if the numbers and letters differ in shape, the same double stroke on both would almost make the individual elements feel lost (for lack of a better way to describe it). The simple numbers are distinct from the script. Kind of like the Dodgers' numbers being red. And I know there are likely examples to the contrary that also work, but that's my gut reaction: it's easier to read/distinguish the separate parts.

3 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Even if the numbers and letters differ in shape, the same double stroke on both would almost make the individual elements feel lost (for lack of a better way to describe it).

This is why I'd reverse the colors of the numbers. Yellow numbers with a blue outline.