MLB Changes 2020

kimball

On 5/14/2020 at 4:02 AM, SFGiants58 said:

We got an amazing uniform out of that poor decision, producing the best set in the club's history (yes, including all of Minnesota):

I have to disagree. While I like the current Stars set, I still prefer their inaugural look in Dallas. Green numbers and all. And I'm not including Minnesota, because (I'm one of the few) that thought their set in the 1991 final was the best that they've looked in either city. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/13/2020 at 9:48 PM, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, the previous wordmarks suited the Brewers fairly well in my opinion; the big thing for me was the color scheme that set had completely killed them. Navy blue, metallic gold and gray is about the most boring color scheme imaginable. I actually think they have a fair bit of potential if cleaned up a bit (ie: removing the drop shadow and using an outline) and given the proper Brewers colors;

spacer.png

In that color scheme this looks like a bad Applebee's knockoff chain in the 1990s.

The Brewers have plenty of other good word marks in their history! The classic thin block letters, the weird lower-case 'e' era, and the normal-but-effective cursive script of the 80s... 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

I have to disagree. While I like the current Stars set, I still prefer their inaugural look in Dallas. Green numbers and all. And I'm not including Minnesota, because (I'm one of the few) that thought their set in the 1991 final was the best that they've looked in either city. 

Definitely disagree. Dallas’s inaugural look is worse than both the star stripe jersey and current jerseys. They’re black jersey was okay, but the white jersey was a mess. It looks really dated.spacer.png

Excellent!

On 5/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Krz said:

spacer.png

I prefer these to their current uniforms.

It would have looked better if the arm stripes were green and gold, but I prefer this style of full arm stripes to the modern style of just having a yoke design and having stripes around the elbows. We need more full arm stripes today. The Flyers, for example, should go back to these uniforms:

fc2715570a7477ba7d64cecff400965a.jpg

31e6f01e0c5dd9ca8eed47720c7551be.png

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I think the Flyers need to darken up the orange as well.

What's funny is that I think it has darkened a little bit, but I'm not going to do the research to back that up.  

When they first went back to the throwback design, they were almost fluorescent yellow.  I hated seeing people in the replicas, because they were practically highlighter light.  It seems like it's been darkened some, but colorwerx or whoever has the codes could confirm.  Still could go darker though.

EDIT - The second to last one here is from 2011, and the last one is from this season, so maybe the orange hasn't darkened after all.

5c632a152acb3ad5.jpg139288d_med.jpeg

50fc0490662db6a5.jpg

8213c_med.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Without doing any research either, the truest orange they had were with the 80s/90s orange sweaters. The Broad Street Bullies sweater was always too dark or even a red-orange. The current, even if they were darkened, have always been a bit too fluorescent.

12 hours ago, Bmac said:

The Flyers darkened the orange in 1999. This doesn't necessarily represent the fabric colors used by Reebok/Adidas, however, which certainly appear to be lighter than the fabric colors used by Nike in the 90's and early 2000's.

I think the orange stayed pretty true through the first Edge set (though there was so little of it, it was hard to tell) but definitely got lighter when they went full-time throwback.

It was kinda like this shade:

ap110520018042_custom-8fbb1ec5b25461f081

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think the orange stayed pretty true through the first Edge set (though there was so little of it, it was hard to tell) but definitely got lighter when they went full-time throwback.

It was kinda like this shade:

ap110520018042_custom-8fbb1ec5b25461f081

Snap Into It!

It's where I sit.

To bring it back to baseball, this shade - from one of my favorite recent alts - would work well:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7HtC1SanjjxQw3c6S--r    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUslSnbI5-e6gImp1oBlK

On 5/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, the previous wordmarks suited the Brewers fairly well in my opinion; the big thing for me was the color scheme that set had completely killed them. Navy blue, metallic gold and gray is about the most boring color scheme imaginable. I actually think they have a fair bit of potential if cleaned up a bit (ie: removing the drop shadow and using an outline) and given the proper Brewers colors;

spacer.png

No. These wordmarks looks still awful in any colour. Every colour. The new wordmarks are not best, but these are better than these monstrosities. 

Although I still preferred to their 1940s wordmarks. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

To bring it back to baseball, this shade - from one of my favorite recent alts - would work well:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7HtC1SanjjxQw3c6S--r    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUslSnbI5-e6gImp1oBlK

I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me or what. I thought the throwbacks they were wearing circa 2016 or so were a shade yellower, but still very orange, and worked a little better (especially because of the white, not cream/gold, accents).

800.jpeg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I"m not talking about the throwbacks.  I'm talking about their fantastic alt.  One of my favorite alts - maybe my #1 - of all time.

Archived