kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Recommended Posts

You still get a full season/year of being the new uniforms.

That doesn't look like that will happen this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, selgy said:

You still get a full season/year of being the new uniforms.

That doesn't look like that will happen this year.  

You get a full year of new uniforms regardless of if others are introduced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, selgy said:

You still get a full season/year of being the new uniforms.

That doesn't look like that will happen this year.  

 

Dude.  That literally means nothing.  Your entire argument makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SD and Milwaukee would get it without having to share the attention with other teams. 

We clearly disagree so we will see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, selgy said:

SD and Milwaukee would get it without having to share the attention with other teams. 

We clearly disagree so we will see what happens. 

They aren’t sharing already, it makes no sense. Your whole argument makes no sense dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, selgy said:

SD and Milwaukee would get it without having to share the attention with other teams. 

We clearly disagree so we will see what happens. 

MLB doesn't limit uniform changes to 2 teams per year. In any other year there might be three or more changes. Why the eff do you think they wouldn't allow teams to make their scheduled changes for next year, just because San Diego and Milwaukee didn't get their year this year???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team: We have plans to release new uniforms in 2021.

 

MLB: No no no. With the coronavirus severely limiting the 2020 season, the last thing we want is a new uniform that will likely create merchandise sales and increase fan interest in your team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed but not surprised in the slightest. It was only a matter of time. 

To think one day, instead of having script in the middle of a jersey, we'll likely have an ad is disgusting. A small patch is where it starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 5:00 AM, Kg54mvp said:

Sad, really. When ads went on jerseys in the NBA, it marked the point that I lost some interest. (That and the constant chucking threes).

 

But a watered down experience is exactly how I would explain it too. You are forced to look at those ads, and it takes away from the experience. The "I go catch a ballgame to unwind" will not be as true anymore.

 

But I don't buy 11$ beers at the game, either.

As much as I hate the ads, they didnt really ruin the nba for me as much as the stupid uniform system nike implemented. That by far is more jarring than the ad patch (in it's current iteration).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are currently 10 teams in MLB who haven't sold off their stadium naming rights, so it seems strange that they'd want to jump right into ad patches on the uniform.

 

MetLife pays 20 million a year to have their name on the Jets/Giants stadium. Just imagine what the Yankees could bring in if they wanted to throw a company name on the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

There are currently 10 teams in MLB who haven't sold off their stadium naming rights, so it seems strange that they'd want to jump right into ad patches on the uniform.

 

MetLife pays 20 million a year to have their name on the Jets/Giants stadium. Just imagine what the Yankees could bring in if they wanted to throw a company name on the building.

I think 2 of them Orioles and Nationals are not allowed to sell the name of the stadiums as part of the deal with the local governments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they have too have ads, I hope it’s like the NBA with the similar color ads that blend into the uniform. I mean it’s awful, but it would be less awful if it matched a little better with each teams color scheme. I also wouldn’t mind it if it was in more of an inconspicuous place, like on the sleeve, so it hides itself a little better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am someone who doesn't like when teams have different home and away hats.

 

However, I would like to see a team adopt the Texas Longhorns look of a white hat at home and a grey hat on the road, with primary colour bill/squatchee/eyelets, or at least add one of those hats as an alternate. I think it's a really good look.

 

nrw-texas-wvu-base-15.jpg

RS593644_20180618_PE2_4786-mar-780x405.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I am someone who doesn't like when teams have different home and away hats.

 

However, I would like to see a team adopt the Texas Longhorns look of a white hat at home and a grey hat on the road, with primary colour bill/squatchee/eyelets, or at least add one of those hats as an alternate. I think it's a really good look.

I think the home hat looks pretty nice, although a burnt orange hat with a white longhorn would be far superior imo. The grey hat is suboptimal for UT and would be terrible for a big league club. That grey crown for UT really makes me wish they used a burnt orange hat, it would be such a great look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I think the home hat looks pretty nice, although a burnt orange hat with a white longhorn would be far superior imo. The grey hat is suboptimal for UT and would be terrible for a big league club. That grey crown for UT really makes me wish they used a burnt orange hat, it would be such a great look.

 

They do have a burnt orange hat but it’s got a white T on it, not the longhorn logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullet dodged for now.

 

Paul Lukas (@UniWatch) Tweeted:
New 60-game MLB season approved/imposed by ownership.

KEY DETAIL: As I understand it, thanks to union/ownership impasse, there will *not* be uniform ads. Owners don't have ability to enact that without union OK.

Also no NL DH or expanded playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll make a chime in here

 

It feels inevitable, i obviously wish we could go no ads, but here we are and we likely will have them.

 

Playing devil's advocate, extra revenue might do the sport some good, players could actually get their pay and would play. 

 

In the NBA, the ads that are white/ team colors actually look alright. I dont hate it. Sixers/Celtics come to mind. However, those who have company colors (Bucks, Thunder) look horrible. So if we REALLY have to have ads, they would be tolerable in small team colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Bullet dodged for now.

 

Paul Lukas (@UniWatch) Tweeted:
New 60-game MLB season approved/imposed by ownership.

KEY DETAIL: As I understand it, thanks to union/ownership impasse, there will *not* be uniform ads. Owners don't have ability to enact that without union OK.

Also no NL DH or expanded playoffs.

 

Long term, I will accept ads before I accept the DH in the NL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.