MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2019 at 4:30 AM, Ben in LA said:

I feel you there. I promised myself I wouldn’t get an authentic Dodgers jersey (with my name and number) until they win the championship (looks like I’ll be waiting a long time)...but for almost $500 I’ll just stick with the replicas and purchase patches separately. Looks like I’ll save HUNDREDS of dollars if I go that route.

Theres no way in hell an authentic jersey is worth THAT much without a hand written signature from the player. Talk about price gouging.

Since Majestic authentic jerseys were on sale, I went and purchased one and put my own name and number on it. Total price: about $190.50 with tax ($123 for the jersey and $67.50 for the lettering). The original price for the jersey alone was $199.99 so I’m glad I saved SOME money.

And I don’t have to worry about that Nike logo lol.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

In this video you can see a glimpse of the gold trimmed uniform the Nats presumably would have worn on Opening Day.  It appears to be the white alternate jersey with the cursive Nationals script -- yet with the standard all red home hat.  Personally I would have added it to the standard home white uniform, or the blue alternate since the WS success was in that.  But nonetheless, as a Nats fan it's hard not to be excited to see this :)

90758391980.gif

2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

In this video you can see a glimpse of the gold trimmed uniform the Nats presumably would have worn on Opening Day.  It appears to be the white alternate jersey with the cursvie Nationals script -- yet with the standard all red home hat.  Personally I would have added it to the standard home white uniform, or the blue alternate since the WS success was in those.  But nonetheless, as a Nats fan it's hard not to be excited to see this :)

https://twitter.com/DannyVietti/status/1281241732110139394?s=20

Interesting. I think they're going the way of making that script their official home uniform. Maybe they'll make it permanent next year.

Either that, or the gold pops more on blue script versus red. 

New Era doesn't seem to be interested in bringing production back to Buffalo anytime soon. New Era just laid off over 100 Buffalo area employees this week..

No sports could mean huge trouble for the biggest sports hatwear company. 

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/erie-county-executive-has-harsh-words-for-new-era-following-news-of-layoffs-at-buffalo-headquarters/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

New Era doesn't seem to be interested in bringing production back to Buffalo anytime soon. New Era just laid off over 100 Buffalo area employees this week..

No sports could mean huge trouble for the biggest sports hatwear company. 

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/erie-county-executive-has-harsh-words-for-new-era-following-news-of-layoffs-at-buffalo-headquarters/

Oh, I don't think they're at all interested in doing it.

Still the right thing to do, though. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

EcgXnvaXsAI58mO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Oh, that's hideous.  Even for a one-off.

Dark/light/dark outlines are always a bad idea.

Cap's not bad.  That's the way to do it. 

13 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Imagine if they still had the red/blue/gold set from their early days (with the excellent DC logo)...not much change would be needed for something like this. 

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Don't the Mariners usually get a pass, because the dark green just disappears when it's next to the navy letters? 

Washington Nationals Reveal Gold-Trimmed Championship Uniform

July 9, 2020 - 21:01 PM

The red, white, blue… and gold! Players of the Washington Nationals today revealed their special gold-trimmed ring ceremony uniforms, which presumably would have been worn back in the Spring when the team was originally set to receive their 2019 World Series rings. We’re not sure if the team will still

Read More...

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

EcgXnvaXsAI58mO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Oh, that's hideous.  Even for a one-off.

Cap's not bad.  That's the way to do it. 

Yeaaa in a vaccum I don't think that looks good, but I've got my rose colored glasses on the moment so I can't complain too much :)

But again, not sure why they chose to do it with an alternate uniform they've never yet worn on the field for a regular season game.  The hat Davey is wearing is what I always pictured they'd wear for championship ring day, but I always pictured it with the standard home white uni which I think would be a major improvement.  

Washington Nationals' 4-3 over Milwaukee Brewers on base-clearing ...

90758391980.gif

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The easier trick - just lighten the teal! It’s not like Majestic/Nike, Fanatics, and New Era can’t produce a lighter teal.

I didn’t have a problem with the old color placement, but yes.  A lighter blue bordering navy would look great. 

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

But again, not sure why they chose to do it with an alternate uniform they've never yet worn on the field for a regular season game.  The hat Davey is wearing is what I always pictured they'd wear for championship ring day, but I always pictured it with the standard home white uni which I think would be a major improvement.  

They already have a script on the road uniform, so they might be using these to test the waters for the home whites, as well. Wouldn't shock me, seeing as how they won the WS in the navy script jerseys.

Archived