kimball

MLB Changes 2020

I'm still waiting for the Marlins to wear blue during the regular season. 🙁

Gold as an accent color really works for the Nats. These unis have way too much gold...but it’d be great if they could find a way to use it again. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Gold as an accent color really works for the Nats. These unis have way too much gold...but it’d be great if they could find a way to use it again. 

Easiest way to find a way to wear the gold would be to 
tenor.gif?itemid=15011558

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Anecdote isn't the plural of data, but I know several people who live/have lived in Washington, DC, and most of them use the two more or less interchangeably to describe the place where they live.  They certainly don't restrict one of them to describe just the federal government. 

In fairness, I do know one Washingtonian who insists on only ever using "DC".  But he's also the guy from Northern California who insists on using "Ess-Eff" for the City by the Bay, so go figure. :lol:

DC used to have a Mayor that insisted on changing over everything to say "District of Columbia" for everything, including the plates/DL.

That quickly changed back to Washington, DC after residents complained because idiots didnt think a DC drivers license was a real US driver's license and not real ID.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Like this? 

spacer.png

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm still waiting for the Marlins to wear blue during the regular season. 🙁

I wish they would just make a blue version of the black alt that they wear.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:47 AM, ManillaToad said:

The swoosh ruins the cohesion of every single uniform in the majors. It (intentionally) sticks out like a sore thumb and draws attention away from the rest of the jersey. MLB had perhaps the most aesthetic uniforms in sports, and they decided an incremental boost in merch sales was worth more than that.

I honestly don’t notice it 99% of the time. Really only does in headshots but no worse than the swoosh that was on the collar of the undershirts

On 7/23/2020 at 3:47 AM, ManillaToad said:

The swoosh ruins the cohesion of every single uniform in the majors. It (intentionally) sticks out like a sore thumb and draws attention away from the rest of the jersey. MLB had perhaps the most aesthetic uniforms in sports, and they decided an incremental boost in merch sales was worth more than that.

Agreed, It may seem like a non-issue, no big deal to many....but when I saw the new uni's months ago...I absolutely despise that swoosh on the upper chest. It's just silly and obnoxious! 
Nike I assume demanded this on the chest to be seen. What, they could settle with the darn logo on the sleeve?? 

If they did something like this, perhaps make the swoosh slightly darker than the gray road unis, (slightly off white for home), a lighter/darker logo for alternate jerseys it wouldn't look THAT bad. I don't know. The patches with various sponsors, ads (like NBA, MLS) - that will be coming soon anyway. 

I saw a photo of the Phillies Citizens Bank Park Opening Day later today, theres a massive "INDEPENDENCE" logo (Blue Cross, Health Insurance) painted along the grass on 1st, 3rd base lines -where we would normally see the "Opening Day 2020" painting. (EYE ROLL!!!) 

spacer.png

I wonder if they'll use these as a way to dress up the Mothers Day, Fathers Day and Memorial Day uniforms going forward. It's a better look than have everything changed to colors that don't belong to the team. 

38 minutes ago, UncleJunior said:

I saw a photo of the Phillies Citizens Bank Park Opening Day later today, theres a massive "INDEPENDENCE" logo (Blue Cross, Health Insurance) painted along the grass on 1st, 3rd base lines -where we would normally see the "Opening Day 2020" painting. (EYE ROLL!!!) 

I think that ad placement on the field might have been part of the return to play agreement.  I noticed the Nationals had Geico on the field last night, and other teams have sponsor ads there too.

29 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I think that ad placement on the field might have been part of the return to play agreement.  I noticed the Nationals had Geico on the field last night, and other teams have sponsor ads there too.

Ah ok, Didn't see that. By the time I turned it on I was watching a waterfall of rain pouring off the upper deck. Some crazy lightning also.
(LA vs Giants had a "Security Benefit" company logo on the Dodger Stadium field after looking that up.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, UncleJunior said:

Nike I assume demanded this on the chest to be seen. What, they could settle with the darn logo on the sleeve?? 

don't have a source handy but MLB actually offered it. They intentionally ruined the look of their uniforms because they think a giant checkmark is trendy and will get people to buy more merchandise

Well, the common folk of Twitter are just finding out about Milwaukee’s fantastic new unis 

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Well, the common folk of Twitter are just finding out about Milwaukee’s fantastic new unis 

Yea. So fantastic.

EdurDq8UcAAyjup?format=jpg&name=large

The Indians wore their "CLEVELAND" road jerseys at home as a statement about the team nickname

44 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Yea. So fantastic.

EdurDq8UcAAyjup?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah I hate the panel caps. I would also remove the placket piping and just leave it on the sleeves.

10 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

The Indians wore their "CLEVELAND" road jerseys at home as a statement about the team nickname

Whyyyy are they hanging onto it if they even know it's time to let it go?

If we can have a Washington FT, we can have a Cleveland BT!

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Whyyyy are they hanging onto it if they even know it's time to let it go?

If we can have a Washington FT, we can have a Cleveland BT!

Just because we CAN doesnt mean we SHOULD