MLB Changes 2020

kimball

11 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Just because we CAN doesnt mean we SHOULD

Don't want to turn this into another Washington FT thread -- but if the team is wearing road unis at home just to avoid offending, you know change is soon.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Don't want to turn this into another Washington FT thread -- but if the team is wearing road unis at home just to avoid offending, you know change is soon.

Eh, they were the blue ones rather than the road greys so it's less jarring.

That said yeah, change is coming

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Name discussion aside, it was wonderful to see Cleveland in navy at home again; the navy jersey at home in the last set was genuinely one of my favorite jerseys in baseball, and it was the perfect color balance for me.

The red jersey grew on me, but I still just love the red-billed hat over navy jersey look. (I’d prefer the old red belts, undershirts and socks, but know they aren’t a part of this current set.)

6fQjS3M.png

Have to give credit where credit is due. I was against the Padres going brown and gold, but wow was I wrong. They looked great in action. The yellow Swingin’ Friar patch is the perfect accompaniment. 

13 hours ago, McCall said:

Yeah I hate the panel caps. I would also remove the placket piping and just leave it on the sleeves.

No, the blue jersey is the only one that gets its right. 

That’s the thing I hate most about the rest of the set - they need neck or placket piping to balance out the sleeve piping. 

1 hour ago, Archon said:

spacer.png

Finally, they look like the Padres. Very nice.

The could still choose a font that doesn't completely suck -- but the colors are a definite step in the right direction 👍

6uXNWAo.png

I've been so incredibly disconnected, but with checking the home page and seeing the MLB 2020 update news item, I decided to run through the Wikipedia images and make any necessary updates.   The anniversary patch is listed as being on all Giants unis, but they didn't wear it on the black alts.   Are they only wearing them at home?

EdeIUfdUwAA_AAU?format=jpg&name=small

EDIT: Actually, that's from the end of Summer Camp.   They wore them home and away with no patch and it seems to be the regular season game uni rather than a Training/BP one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Don't know if this was already known or not, but the Brewers have matching helmets for their alternate yellow front paneled hats.

Brewers apparently ditched the boy scout hats/helmets immediately. Plain navy today.

6uXNWAo.png

39 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Brewers apparently ditched the boy scout hats/helmets immediately. Plain navy today.

I don't imagine their intent was to wear the yellow paneled cap with the (clearly superior in my mind) grey road uniform.

To clarify - plain navy today refers to the hats and helmets, not the jerseys.

It's where I sit.

38 minutes ago, Cujo said:

They wore their road grays today, and those don’t feature the yellow paneled cap. 

On 7/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, ManillaToad said:

don't have a source handy but MLB actually offered it. They intentionally ruined the look of their uniforms because they think a giant checkmark is trendy and will get people to buy more merchandise

Kind of, it was already a part of the under armor deal and MLB had no choice but to put it as a part of the Nike deal

Archived