MLB Changes 2020

kimball

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't imagine their intent was to wear the yellow paneled cap with the (clearly superior in my mind) grey road uniform.

To clarify - plain navy today refers to the hats and helmets, not the jerseys.

Yeah, the gold fronts were supposed to be reserved for the navy jerseys. 

Milwaukee-Brewers-Logo-Reveal-2019.jpg

Maybe it's just a matter of time before they play mix-and-match, but two games in would have been way too early.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the best road gray the Brewers have worn since Robin Yount's last year. But I must say, it felt odd seeing MILWAUKEE in a block font. I think one of the (very few) things the old set got right is that every uniform had a script. From Robin Yount's chase for 3,000 to the Yeliches, Brauns, and Fielders of the modern era, scripts feel quintessentially Brewers to me.

I like the Brewers font. It looks great on merch and should remain part of their brand. But I realize now how much I'd prefer scripts on the actual uniform.

I wonder what the 1990 scripts would look like on the modern uniforms. Anyone (SFGiants58?) feel like mocking that up?

I'm sure it's been discussed, the D'backs aborted all forms of the gradient and their deep-gray unis.

Pretty disappointed they conformed to "MLB standards" -- seems the baseball purists won this round.

Saturday MLB Odds & Picks: Diamondbacks First 5 Line Offering ...

6uXNWAo.png

Didn't mind the Diamondbacks last set since they cleaned up some of it from past years but this year's versions aren't bad either.

Looks like the Nats are still wearing their gold trimmed championship uniforms and caps. 

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I'm sure it's been discussed, the D'backs aborted all forms of the gradient and their deep-gray unis.

Pretty disappointed they conformed to "MLB standards" -- seems the baseball purists won this round.

Watching them play the Friars right now and I keep telling myself how great it is not having to endure their clown suits anymore...

1 minute ago, ptaylor said:

Didn't mind the Diamondbacks last set since they cleaned up some of it from past years but this year's versions aren't bad either.

The D'backs will just end up going back to their original purple and teal in a few years anyways since none of their other motifs have really stuck -- Something the Marlins should do too.

6uXNWAo.png

12 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Its the best they've ever looked. I'm a huge fan! 

Milwaukee on the other hand hasn't grown on me one bit. At first I thought it was more of a lateral movement from there last set, I think I'd say it's a downgrade now. Not big of course but that navy alternate is rough and the wordmarks aren't as nice as I remembered. Still a decent look though. Except for the cap logo. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Just now, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Milwaukee on the other hand hasn't grown on me one bit. At first I thought it was more of a lateral movement from there last set, I think I'd say it's a downgrade now. Not big of course but that navy alternate is rough and the wordmarks aren't as nice as I remembered. Still a decent look though. Except for the cap logo. 

I'm just glad that after a dozen years or meandering between the wheat-M and ball-in-glove, they finally decided on ONE freaking identity.

6uXNWAo.png

53 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I'm just glad that after a dozen years or meandering between the wheat-M and ball-in-glove, they finally decided on ONE freaking identity.

They chose the wrong identity unfortunately. Outside of throwbacks it didn't seem like the meandering went on long though, I only remember it happening for like 3 seasons maybe 4, correct me if I'm wrong of course. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

56 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Its the best they've ever looked. I'm a huge fan! 

The new look has its flaws, but you're insane if you think it's not an upgrade over the previous set.

Just now, _DietDrPepper_ said:

They chose the wrong identity unfortunately. Outside of throwbacks it didn't seem like the meandering went on long though, I only remember it happening for like 3 seasons maybe 4, correct me if I'm wrong of course. 

Both identities were decent. But ThE fAnS lOvE tHe BaLl In GlOvE so you knew it'd eventually prevail

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, NicDB said:

The new look has its flaws, but you're insane if you think it's not an upgrade over the previous set.

Guess I'm insane then. The BiG logo is uninspired and much worse than the Barley M. The uniforms aren't bad but I miss the barley script. 

3YCQJRO.png

47 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Star Wars robot look is also sorely missed...

Bring 'Em Back! Some of Our Favorite Uniforms That Should Return ...     C-3PO | Wookieepedia | Fandom

They were a GAP Khaki pants add gone bad. 

Maybe they might have worked with an additional color to bring a little pop to counter the blandness of the sand and navy. The light blue was not doing it. 

I am glad they are back to the colors that are so unique and pop. 

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The BiG throwbacks were part of the uniform rotation since 2006. While the navy BiG caps didn't come along until 2016, BiG merchandise was around for quite some time competing with the barley M identity. So maybe the team wasn't exploring the switch for that entire time, but fans certainly had the opportunity to take sides.

Archived