MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Milwaukee on the other hand hasn't grown on me one bit. At first I thought it was more of a lateral movement from there last set, I think I'd say it's a downgrade now. Not big of course but that navy alternate is rough and the wordmarks aren't as nice as I remembered. Still a decent look though. Except for the cap logo. 

That’s still where I am.  Better, even close to great, but lots of details are bad.  Especially the cap logo.

Ah, well.  The Brewers introduced new uniforms for their 25th Anniversary and then made huge upgrade tweaks two years later.  Maybe they’ll do the same for the 50th uniforms. 

12 hours ago, selgy said:

They were a GAP Khaki pants add gone bad. 

Maybe they might have worked with an additional color to bring a little pop to counter the blandness of the sand and navy. The light blue was not doing it. 

I am glad they are back to the colors that are so unique and pop. 

Also that primary logo was atrocious and made the team look soft. I don't care for the interlocking SD being used as a primary logo but that 2004 logo looked like a laundry detergent brand.

Orioles have worn their black jerseys for all three games against the Red Sox this weekend. They have, with the notable exception of the 2016 WC game, have restrained them to Friday Nights online on the home and road.

O's hat Friday and regular road cap Saturday and today(Sunday) which is also the first time I remember them wearing the road cap with the black jersey(though I could be wrong on that. I do know they wore an all black BP before though once)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Both identities were decent. But ThE fAnS lOvE tHe BaLl In GlOvE so you knew it'd eventually prevail

...that's not a good reason to revive an old identity?

On 7/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I've been so incredibly disconnected, but with checking the home page and seeing the MLB 2020 update news item, I decided to run through the Wikipedia images and make any necessary updates.   The anniversary patch is listed as being on all Giants unis, but they didn't wear it on the black alts.   Are they only wearing them at home?

EdeIUfdUwAA_AAU?format=jpg&name=small

EDIT: Actually, that's from the end of Summer Camp.   They wore them home and away with no patch and it seems to be the regular season game uni rather than a Training/BP one.

Dont mean to be picky, but the Twins Wikipedia page still has their cream throwback listed, but not their blue home alternate with the gold trim.

also their powder blue will not be paired with the red hat. It will be paired with the blue current road hat with no red bill

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pirates manager Shelton argues through mask, gets 1st ML win - New Wave  Communications

The new road grays for Pittsburgh are fantastic. Great to see that script again. 

The number font ruins it.  Two 'fancy' elements should never be competing for attention with each other, because 99% of the time, it clashes.

Standard MLB block should be used on the road.  Or just get rid of the front number altogether.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Dont mean to be picky, but the Twins Wikipedia page still has their cream throwback listed, but not their blue home alternate with the gold trim.

also their powder blue will not be paired with the red hat. It will be paired with the blue current road hat with no red bill

No.   No.   By all means.   Usually I ask here if everything is right every year, but the move has kept me busy.   It's began early last spring and I missed most of the second half of last season until the playoffs started, so I didn't notice the new Twins alt.   While there was an article on the change, the Twins were missing from last years' roundup, which was probably what I based changes on last year so I whiffed on the Twins who I didn't really see them in action until they wore the road navy and red alts during the ALDS.

That's a stone cold bummer on the hat.   The Twins and Red Sox red crowns of the 70's are two of my favorite hats.   The initial article on the throwback included Kirby Puckett wearing the red batting helmet with it, which apparently they wore with both despite Dressed to the Nines saying they only wore the navy hat with the uniform.   I guess that's a drawback of wearing a road throwback at home.   The roundup article mentions the cap pairing, but I'd gotten the Twins done early this year so I just skipped past it.

Looks like they dropped the red-brim away too, huh?   Yeah, if anyone ever sees an error, lemme know.   I usually track the changes on here, so small things like that that occur without an announcement can slip by.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/26/2020 at 2:44 AM, joekono said:

Simply beautiful!!!Paddack, Hosmer make Padres winners in opener against Diamondbacks ...

God, yes.  That is the stuff right there.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I know that the plural of "anecdote" is still not "data", but I thought this was interesting nonetheless.

I was talking with a Brewers Clubhouse Store employee the other day, and I asked about jersey sales.  They grabbed the blue alternate road and said "This is the one everybody buys.  We sell a TON of these."   I asked about the road grays and they said "yeah, those sell pretty good too."   The pinstripes?  "Right in the middle." They then walked over to the cream home jersey and said "nobody likes these." 

r630138_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&

I took that to mean that they're selling significantly behind the others, not that they aren't selling at all.  For what it's worth.  Not much, I know, but still.  

If that employee's experience is in fact illustrative, then it's a shame, because I really really really want the Brewers to just tweak the cream jersey.  My fear is that they'll dump it outright in favor of the pinstripes.

Archived