MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Has anyone else seen these floating around Instagram or other various social media platforms? Most of these are done in good taste and makes me wish MLB would do City Alts.

(Dugout Creative)

spacer.png

spacer.png

That’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever seen on these boards. 

7 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Nah, I'd rather not MLB jersey to be confused for minor league jerseys with that "city alts" crap, thanks.

Bad enough they even do player weekend uniforms.

I’d rather MLB do this than the Player’s Weekend garbage uniforms.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The "nice, dark aesthetic" is vastly inferior to the brighter, "happier" colors they had. Even in dark green, the gold bill and white "A" look better.

Also, after adopting a road cap in '93, the team has won exactly one playoff series (2006 ALDS). The gold bill is part of the club's "winning tradition" years, as is Kelly Green. If you added a gold bill to this, you'd have the jumping off point for a true return to form.

#BringBackTheKelly

On 8/13/2020 at 7:11 PM, _J_ said:

Not a fan of the kelly green because I ADORE forest green/yellow combo. Love it with the Springboks and the A's look amazing in it as well.

More teams should adopt it.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

There's nothing wrong with forrest and yellow, but it's wrong for the A's.  Their whole gimmick is that they were the first to wear bright colors like those head-to-toe, and white shoes, etc.  Even though the scripts are more traditional and conservative, they shouldn't deviate from the bright colors.  If they're going to wear forrest green, they might as well just go back to the royal blue from back in the day.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, Ridleylash said:

Besides, it's California; bright colors make way more sense for the A's given where they play. Forest and yellow seems too 90's-2000's "darken the colors because they gotta look cool" for my taste.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, the admiral said:

Yeah, there's no good reason for the A's to stick to the forest green or those dismal road caps. Make the elephant white or use the primary on the sleeves, keep the shoes white, and no one can complain that there's no other white.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:10 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Agreed! There's also no reason to keep the "Yankee Collusion" script either. 

That remnant of Arnold Johnson's disgusting tenure as owner needs to die. I'd keep the "Oakland" script, but I'd want to restore the "A's" insignia to the chest of the home uniform.

It's such a part of their tradition, one they've been neglecting since the '80s. The alternates do rectify it, but only a little.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:10 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

No A's.  Just A.

Just A.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:17 PM, JayMac said:

Yeah, enough of the unnecessary apostrophe. Just the A for Athletics.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:12 AM, SFGiants58 said:

I’d limit the “Athletics” script to the jacket, like the Yankees do with their script or the Giants do with the “San Francisco” script. That script has been worn for over 30 years, but it’s still a mistake. Demote it to jacket duty.

I’d prefer this on a jacket.

spacer.png

...or the “Athletics” script. 

I love a lot of uniforms for their legendary status and appeals to the baser feelings of man, but I think that objectively Green/Gold/White is possibly the best combo in sports, whether it be the A's, Packers, or Baylor.   I don't want the A's to lighten their green because I think the darker shade makes the yellow pop more even in its darker shade and the darker gold separates it more from the white.   I really don't like a lot of the throwbacks that I've seen them wear because the colors are all too bright to where there's a lot less contrast.   The A's should emulate the brightness of California (despite them living across the bay from a park that was well known for frosty winds during the baseball season), but they do that well enough with the gold shining brightly even in the sun.

510902736.jpeg

The older colors are light, but...   It's nigh impossible to tell what's the actual colors or what's an old photograph.   All the old photos look like they're washed out.   The green looks more limey, the yellow looks more greeny.   It's more like the Sonics.   Actually, holy crap, I just realized it.   They look like the Supersonics.   They look like the team that represents the Emerald City with a green and yellow that meet somewhere in the middle.   In fact, TruColor says that this is the shade of green the Sonics used.

as.5-1.jpg

And this is just...   I don't even know where to start this.

e0989b32dfd6dd2e9221da2b8b8589c7.jpg

The pics of the team in their older look that look the best to me are where shadows or just old photography make the green look darker.

4e6a3bddbd6cccda7c6e0c6422e1e9d8--reggie3b578b58a6591e967b6a30424252d58f--rickey

16915c_lg.jpeg

It makes the gold and white look more vibrant, whereas the lighter green and yellow make it all look washed out.   I've often found their throwbacks over the last few years to fall into this trap, but as they wear them more at night and in different settings they're looking better.   Even so, the white and brighter yellow completely blend.

NINTCHDBPICT000600983102.jpg?resize=678,

I say keep the dark green, but if you're going to lighten up, go with the Earthquake Series half-step green with dark/mid gold.

th?id=OIP.Hec1t-cVuffqDzFiCnUOnQHaJ_&pid

(Honestly, I have no ideas if these are those uniforms, but they look of the same color and it took me long enough to delve into the A's identity without cross-referencing players and years and uniforms in each pic.)

Also, something I learned from all of this is that they should bring back the gold A's cover over the elephant rather than the current white one.

oakland-elephant-logo-1988-alt1.png

I didn't realize the Athletics script had that history.   I think it objectively looks good as an extrapolation from the logo.   That Oakland script is cool, but feels odd with the rest of the team's aesthetic.   I wonder if someone's ever done a modernization of it more emulating the lettering of the other two scripts.

And the large tail on the left leg of the A requires the 's to counterbalance.   Plus it's been a part of the team's success in Oakland.   The majority if not all of the uniforms with just an A on the chest use a more balanced, blocky letter.   You gotta make that change just like the Yankees and the Tigers did before the former screwed it up.

Oh!   I forgot the away cap thing.   Gold and green look alike, and I don't think a team necessarily has to be the flashy, showy, bright look it needs on the road with their grays.   It's one thing if you want to go colored aways.   They, the Padres, and the more famous users of powder blue are the only ones I think could get away with a colored primary away uniform.   But with their current grays, the old road cap looked good.  The home looks pretty good with it too.   But the green and gold look good together, and the old cap is nice to have on the roster.   You can argue it didn't look California sunshine bright, but do they need that in Tropicana field or on a grey New York April?   Road teams generally look darker, and I think it gives teams an opportunity to play with their color scheme and change things up a bit without exploring too far out the space (See Washington for most of their existence).

220px-Bob_Melvin_2012.jpg

On 8/14/2020 at 7:20 AM, jp1409 said:

I was trying to put together a bottom 5 some days ago. Beside the Marlins, Rangers and Twins I don't think there are any other cringeworthy set right now. The Rays and D-Backs aren't that bad but they'd probably have to go fourth and fifth while they're still far from being embarrassing.

Cleveland is a clashing mix of modern and fun vs. old and traditional and a logo that essentially says "Cleveland Baseball Team".   The Tigers screwed up their immortal home whites.   The Twins use a friggin' alternate cap with their home whites and a wonky old text instead of the modernized one.   The Rays under-utilize Columbia blue.    The new Blue Jays and Rangers alts are stupid.   Everything we just talked about with Oakland.   The Marlins could use a bit more color, but are unique and largely inoffensive.   The Diamondbacks are much better but need to darken their teal.

Wow.   That actually isn't bad.   You're right.   Things are looking up.

13 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

No you mean they need to bring these back and make them the permanent road uniforms.

Scutaro_SF1.jpg

Big no to mismatched piping.   Just keep the sleeve piping and possibly put the same on the collar.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

That’s one of the worst ideas I’ve ever seen on these boards. 

To be fair, a combination of watching discussions on old all-color uniforms and the thought going into which colors would be used for Thursday night NFL teams in the past have gotten my gears turning on the idea of a concept for MLB Color Rush uniforms.   That would probably be more distasteful.   🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

14 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Has anyone else seen these floating around Instagram or other various social media platforms? Most of these are done in good taste and makes me wish MLB would do City Alts.

No, thank you! The designs are horrific. 

I know the answer is "because, money" but why do we need to keep inventing these gimmicky uniforms, especially when nearly all of them are hideous?

If MLB is going to deviate from the standard uniform sets, I'd rather they embrace throwbacks even more than they do now. I loved the decision to have the Marlins wear "Miami Giants" uniforms over the weekend to honor the eponymous Negro League team. The set was elegant but also a nice form of commemoration.

15 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I love a lot of uniforms for their legendary status and appeals to the baser feelings of man, but I think that objectively Green/Gold/White is possibly the best combo in sports, whether it be the A's, Packers, or Baylor.   I don't want the A's to lighten their green because I think the darker shade makes the yellow pop more even in its darker shade and the darker gold separates it more from the white.

The darker gold, I get it. I prefer it too. But the darker green just looks sad. I want the A's to lighten their green because it's such a good combination and because it can harken back to a time when the organization was a functional trainwreck instead of a barely-functional trainwreck.

I really don't like a lot of the throwbacks that I've seen them wear because the colors are all too bright to where there's a lot less contrast.   The A's should emulate the brightness of California (despite them living across the bay from a park that was well known for frosty winds during the baseball season), but they do that well enough with the gold shining brightly even in the sun.

510902736.jpeg

I'd say go all the way with Kelly Green. It's just, "happier." The dark green looks too dour for me. 

The older colors are light, but...   It's nigh impossible to tell what's the actual colors or what's an old photograph.   All the old photos look like they're washed out.   The green looks more limey, the yellow looks more greeny.   It's more like the Sonics.   Actually, holy crap, I just realized it.   They look like the Supersonics.   They look like the team that represents the Emerald City with a green and yellow that meet somewhere in the middle.   In fact, TruColor says that this is the shade of green the Sonics used.

as.5-1.jpg

So, what's the problem with that? Looking like the old Sonics is an admirable goal, since the kelly/yellow was so fantastic on them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5d0g3zq6IDd7wq2MTimS 18888615],sizedata[850x600]&call=url[file:product.chain]34879_01_lg.jpg

There's no reason why the A's shouldn't embrace kelly. Heck, look at Oregon:

8426165.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,offset-y0.50&width=1200&height=630image_handler.0.jpegoregon-ducks-men-of-oregon-1.png

Oversized numbers aside, the kelly and yellow-gold combination is a visually-compelling colorway. Kelly darkened by just one or two percent would take it to perfection.

And this is just...   I don't even know where to start this.

e0989b32dfd6dd2e9221da2b8b8589c7.jpg

The pics of the team in their older look that look the best to me are where shadows or just old photography make the green look darker.

4e6a3bddbd6cccda7c6e0c6422e1e9d8--reggie3b578b58a6591e967b6a30424252d58f--rickey16915c_lg.jpeg

It makes the gold and white look more vibrant, whereas the lighter green and yellow make it all look washed out.   I've often found their throwbacks over the last few years to fall into this trap, but as they wear them more at night and in different settings they're looking better.   Even so, the white and brighter yellow completely blend.

NINTCHDBPICT000600983102.jpg?resize=678,

I don't see that as that much of a problem. I've never seen that as a problem. It's that kind of thinking that gave us the monstrosities that were the later Minnesota North Stars' designs.

A slightly darker kelly, like the shade the Eagles used in the late-'70s/early-'80s would be passable.

Eagles%2078%20Road%20Jersey%20Johnnie%20Walton%201.jpg

I say keep the dark green, but if you're going to lighten up, go with the Earthquake Series half-step green with dark/mid gold.

th?id=OIP.Hec1t-cVuffqDzFiCnUOnQHaJ_&pid

(Honestly, I have no ideas if these are those uniforms, but they look of the same color and it took me long enough to delve into the A's identity without cross-referencing players and years and uniforms in each pic.)

No, they're not. They're the kelly green uniforms, photographed in a way that made them look darker. The "Earthquake Series" uniforms are barely lighter than the ones used now.

These are the "Earthquake Series" uniforms.

eck.jpg?resize=590%252C733&f=1&nofb=1

Trucolor says the specs changed, but if they did, it was barely noticeable on-field.

Also, something I learned from all of this is that they should bring back the gold A's cover over the elephant rather than the current white one.

oakland-elephant-logo-1988-alt1.png

They should straight-up modernize the elephant logo. Shameless self-plug:

OUxNlvC.png?1

I made a few additions (Old English lowercase "s," acorn with an Old English "O," etc.), but I like how I cleaned up the lines in the design, made the elephant white (per the lore), and found a way to incorporate the city. I even did the same for a Philadelphia design.

VCUMKcr.png

I didn't realize the Athletics script had that history.   I think it objectively looks good as an extrapolation from the logo.   That Oakland script is cool, but feels odd with the rest of the team's aesthetic.   I wonder if someone's ever done a modernization of it more emulating the lettering of the other two scripts.

The all-caps "OAKLAND" is like the Giants' "San Francisco" script, in how it "kinda, but not really" fits with the identity. 

And the large tail on the left leg of the A requires the 's to counterbalance.   Plus it's been a part of the team's success in Oakland.   The majority if not all of the uniforms with just an A on the chest use a more balanced, blocky letter.   You gotta make that change just like the Yankees and the Tigers did before the former screwed it up.

Not really. These look pretty darn good. 

040311BMa086.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

But if they used the pre-1993 design or something akin to it, it'd look better.

1996_oakland_athletics-jersey-1981.png5315_oakland_athletics-jersey-1973.png

Oh!   I forgot the away cap thing.   Gold and green look alike, and I don't think a team necessarily has to be the flashy, showy, bright look it needs on the road with their grays.   It's one thing if you want to go colored aways.   They, the Padres, and the more famous users of powder blue are the only ones I think could get away with a colored primary away uniform. But with their current grays, the old road cap looked good.  The home looks pretty good with it too.   But the green and gold look good together, and the old cap is nice to have on the roster. 

The old cap should never have existed in the first place. I blame the Cardinals' 1992 re-introduction of the road cap for the plague that is unneeded road caps.

You can argue it didn't look California sunshine bright, but do they need that in Tropicana field or on a grey New York April?   Road teams generally look darker, and I think it gives teams an opportunity to play with their color scheme and change things up a bit without exploring too far out the space (See Washington for most of their existence).

I detest the notion that gray uniforms have to have a "darker" aesthetic. It robs the majors of so much color that they could have on grey designs.

51686273.jpg.0.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-wjhY42QQw_-K3CUbn2A 72305785.jpg

Sometimes, the road cap is better than the home cap. See Blue Jays, Orioles, and Nationals.

d2fec6c4d950a123fb7f642fad2db336.jpg 7819492_orig.jpgWashington-Nationals-Max-Scherzer-800-480-102919.png

I really don't like white front-panels. It just looks tacky to me. I get the appeal, but I find them tacky.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The darker gold, I get it. I prefer it too. But the darker green just looks sad. I want the A's to lighten their green because it's such a good combination and because it can harken back to a time when the organization was a functional trainwreck instead of a barely-functional trainwreck.

I'd say go all the way with Kelly Green. It's just, "happier." The dark green looks too dour for me. 

At this point, there's not much that can be said.   If that little bit of dark green makes that whole set dingy to you in the California sun, there's no way to argue it.

So, what's the problem with that? Looking like the old Sonics is an admirable goal, since the kelly/yellow was so fantastic on them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5d0g3zq6IDd7wq2MTimS 18888615],sizedata[850x600]&call=url[file:product.chain]34879_01_lg.jpg

There's no reason why the A's shouldn't embrace kelly. Heck, look at Oregon:

8426165.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,offset-y0.50&width=1200&height=630image_handler.0.jpegoregon-ducks-men-of-oregon-1.png

Oversized numbers aside, the kelly and yellow-gold combination is a visually-compelling colorway. Kelly darkened by just one or two percent would take it to perfection.

Because those are all Pacific Northwest teams.   According to Trucolor the green was exactly the same as the Sonics used to rep the Emerald City, Seattle, not Oakland.   The Oakland flag is green and yellow, but the shade of green is much darker than the old uniforms.   The green in the old uniforms half of the time looks more like the shade on the flag of the State of Washington.

Those old-style Oregon uniforms use yellow almost as much, if not as much as green.   Except for a yellow alt, the A's would be wearing mostly green with yellow and white as intermingling accent colors.   If those pants and helmets were white, the uniforms would wind up looking like a faded pastel.   It wouldn't pop.   It wouldn't be bright.   It would look like it was left out in the sun for too long.

I can't tell if the other two are exhibiting a greener yellow or it just looks like it because of the neighboring color.   Either way, we've come to a consensus on the idea of a darker mustard-like athletic gold.

I don't see that as that much of a problem. I've never seen that as a problem. It's that kind of thinking that gave us the monstrosities that were the later Minnesota North Stars' designs.

Do... you... mean that you don't see the problem with colors looking muddled and washed out, or you don't think the colors are muddles and washed out?   Because in that brawl pic, it's tough to see where the yellow ends and the white begins.   Of course, 

The North Stars were a hockey team.   They have huge colored stripes that it would be nigh impossible to not distinguish from each other and play under lights every game rather than having the sun wash colors out.   That being said, I've had a tough time telling which photos are authentically old and which are good enough quality to judge color on, but if the logos are to be taken by they went beyond a more rational yellow we've agreed on and went all the way to dark brown.   You don't have to go that far to have good contrast.

A slightly darker kelly, like the shade the Eagles used in the late-'70s/early-'80s would be passable.

Eagles%2078%20Road%20Jersey%20Johnnie%20Walton%201.jpg

No, they're not. They're the kelly green uniforms, photographed in a way that made them look darker. The "Earthquake Series" uniforms are barely lighter than the ones used now.

Ahh...   I didn't realize there was an in-between until I saw the TruColor information, but perhaps it's a matter of logo rather than uniforms.   The dates do coincide with this logo off the mothership.

gxyi5nc8yptah3ju6ab0ylc2y.gif

As for those uniforms, I was never quite clear, but whether or not they were that color, I think this darker shade they appeared to be would be good.   I like the current one, but a darker shade of the lighter green could definitely work.   I'd rather meet in the middle than go full light.

Hehe, this is going to be hilarious if we wind up completely agreeing on the same colorset.

They should straight-up modernize the elephant logo. Shameless self-plug:

OUxNlvC.png?1

I made a few additions (Old English lowercase "s," acorn with an Old English "O," etc.), but I like how I cleaned up the lines in the design, made the elephant white (per the lore), and found a way to incorporate the city. I even did the same for a Philadelphia design.

VCUMKcr.png

My immediate instinct is that the lost detail will tip the balance so that it becomes a white blob from a distance.   While it doesn't necessarily read as an elephant from a ways back, it definitely reads as a detailed shape.   LOVE the keystone P logo, though.

The Acorn O is good on its own, but feels a bit much to me.   I can't defend that stance.   Just gut.   I wish there was a place for that in the identity, though.   Not an alt cap like the Indians or Orioles did, but some kind of spot somewhere.   Like the extraneous NY in the Mets logo.

Not really. These look pretty darn good. 

040311BMa086.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

But if they used the pre-1993 design or something akin to it, it'd look better.

1996_oakland_athletics-jersey-1981.png5315_oakland_athletics-jersey-1973.png

No.   No.   I'm referring to the idea of dropping the 's.   We agree that this looks good.   The 's helps balance the logo and if it were dropped for the uniform, one would have to make the top less narrow to balance it out a bit, make it more blocky.

The all-caps "OAKLAND" is like the Giants' "San Francisco" script, in how it "kinda, but not really" fits with the identity. 

Can't argue with that.   Just really intrigued into what one could do with it by making it follow the rest of the identity.

The old cap should never have existed in the first place. I blame the Cardinals' 1992 re-introduction of the road cap for the plague that is unneeded road caps.

The Cardinals' navy cap has just as much history as the red and it looked incredibly good.   The loss of it is a tragedy.

I detest the notion that gray uniforms have to have a "darker" aesthetic. It robs the majors of so much color that they could have on grey designs.

51686273.jpg.0.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-wjhY42QQw_-K3CUbn2A 72305785.jpg

Sometimes, the road cap is better than the home cap. See Blue Jays, Orioles, and Nationals.

d2fec6c4d950a123fb7f642fad2db336.jpg 7819492_orig.jpgWashington-Nationals-Max-Scherzer-800-480-102919.png

I really don't like white front-panels. It just looks tacky to me. I get the appeal, but I find them tacky.

Not HAVE TO.   Can.   Like I said, it's a way to expand the identity and explore the space within your identity without betraying your look.   The Nationals, Rangers, and Cardinals have had two different versions of their identity in the same set by accentuating both their primary colors in different sets.   I can't argue whether the Rangers should be blue or red.   You've already argued that Washington should be navy while the city's history is split.   The Cardinal's road cap was beautiful.   Some people can play both.

To me, front panels are something I wouldn't want to see out of thin air, but there are teams that have history with it and they can lay claim to them.   Baltimore, Toronto, Minnesota on the batting helmet, Milwaukee, and Montreal (not Washington).   That's it.   Although I'm probably forgetting one or two.

spacer.png

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Because those are all Pacific Northwest teams. The Oakland flag is green and yellow, but the shade of green is much darker than the old uniforms.   The green in the old uniforms half of the time looks more like the shade on the flag of the State of Washington.

Again, what's the problem with that? Does the team have to be exactly flag-loyal? Kelly/Yellow is not exclusive to the PNW. It's not like the Mariners are wearing it, nor do any Bay Area have a significant rivalry with Oregon.

Those old-style Oregon uniforms use yellow almost as much, if not as much as green.   Except for a yellow alt, the A's would be wearing mostly green with yellow and white as intermingling accent colors.   If those pants and helmets were white, the uniforms would wind up looking like a faded pastel.   It wouldn't pop.   It wouldn't be bright.   It would look like it was left out in the sun for too long.

No, not really. It'd probably look just fine.

Do... you... mean that you don't see the problem with colors looking muddled and washed out, or you don't think the colors are muddles and washed out?   Because in that brawl pic, it's tough to see where the yellow ends and the white begins.   Of course, 

I don't think that. It's perfectly acceptable. Granted, going one-color would be even better (white stripes with gold lettering or an inversion).

The North Stars were a hockey team.   They have huge colored stripes that it would be nigh impossible to not distinguish from each other and play under lights every game rather than having the sun wash colors out. 

The sun doesn't wash colors out that much. Like, it just doesn't.

As for those uniforms, I was never quite clear, but whether or not they were that color, I think this darker shade they appeared to be would be good.   I like the current one, but a darker shade of the lighter green could definitely work.   I'd rather meet in the middle than go full light.

If anything, the '80s-'92 shade of dark green is akin to the Packers' old dark green. It's not as dark as the modern Pantone specs for print/digital applications, but it's still dark.

Hehe, this is going to be hilarious if we wind up completely agreeing on the same colorset.

Nope. The colors you're seeing in my design are the colors I'd want. Kelly Green (349 C) and Athletic Gold (1235 C).

046a38.png&f=1&nofb=1 ffb81c.png&f=1&nofb=1

My immediate instinct is that the lost detail will tip the balance so that it becomes a white blob from a distance.   While it doesn't necessarily read as an elephant from a ways back, it definitely reads as a detailed shape.   LOVE the keystone P logo, though.

Nah, the "detail" you're referring to was just clutter. It still looks a lot like an elephant, even from a significant distance.

The Acorn O is good on its own, but feels a bit much to me.   I can't defend that stance.   Just gut.   I wish there was a place for that in the identity, though.

Well, a big roundel at the bottom of the logo is a good place. Heck, if you wanted the "O" elsewhere in the identity, why not just use an Old English "O" on the road uniform?

The Cardinals' navy cap has just as much history as the red and it looked incredibly good.   The loss of it is a tragedy.

Nah. The road cap had the history of the 1956-64 teams, where they only won a single title. Said title was in 1964, when they debuted the home cap of the present (give or take minor tweaks). They clinched with the home cap. The team has clinched at home for '82, '06, and '11 (with the red cap). Heck, the final game of the '04 and '13 World Series featured the red cap. 

If the road cap had a red bill, like the mid-'40s dynasty set, then I'd argue that its loss was a tragedy. But the '92-present navy hat? Limiting it was a good choice and brought a lot of life back to the road set.

Not HAVE TO.   Can.   Like I said, it's a way to expand the identity and explore the space within your identity without betraying your look.

But more often than not, it just feels unnecessary. One winds up being better than the other, with the sole exception of the Tigers.

To me, front panels are something I wouldn't want to see out of thin air, but there are teams that have history with it.

I just don't like them.

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The A's dark green phase came from a period where everybody was going towards darker shades.

spacer.png

This color scheme looks b-e-a-utiful.

Man, look at that. All-yellow, everybody in stirrups, pullover, massive striping on the sleeves and "belt", nothing about this should work, but by god, it does. That's Oakland Athletics baseball at its finest.

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Big no to mismatched piping.   Just keep the sleeve piping and possibly put the same on the collar.

Thank you!  The Giants' road alts are sheer garbage.  Black piping on the headspoon, orange/black/orange on the sleeves.  Pick one or the other.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Thank you!  The Giants' road alts are sheer garbage.  Black piping on the headspoon, orange/black/orange on the sleeves.  Pick one or the other.

I really don't get why they insist on throwing back to a decade of 80's mismatched piping ugliness... I mean, the previous road jerseys were absolutely beautiful and had way more historical significance.

21894712%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

On 8/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, BC985 said:

No reason to invite the worst part of the NBA into MLB.

They already did. It occupies a spot on the chest of the jerseys. I actually liked Majestic. Yeah there was a few flubs  (dbacks), but come on,  no where near as trash as nike.

On 8/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

No you mean they need to bring these back and make them the permanent road uniforms.

Scutaro_SF1.jpg

I was stoked the first season they brought those jerseys out for the homage to the full house set and hoping they'd actually do a real throwback to that set. But more and more I think the 90s set is way better than those.

Archived