MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

While we’re on the subject (sorta) of the Marlins black jersey...

spacer.png

Stahp. But seriously very sharp work, but burn the idea. Forget it was ever thought up.

Edit: Actually that would look killer for the pro softball league that is supposed to start this month.

I don't hate the overall idea as a fun mental lark, and I think that a form of it could work (although some teams should just rep their home uniforms as the ultimate show of their culture/city)

The devil is in the details.   Stuff like the piping not going all the way around the sleeve.   It makes it feel more like a cheap knockoff than a professional thing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can we stop posting crap concepts from outside the board that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Royals, Cards to Honour Negro Leagues with Throwback Uniforms

August 21, 2020 - 15:57 PM

The Kansas City Royals and St. Louis Cardinals will mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Negro National League by wearing throwback uniforms at Kaufmann Stadium on September 22, 2020. Kansas City will wear the uniforms of the Kansas City Monarchs, the jersey will be white with royal

Read More...

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Blue Jays using navy caps and helmets and undershirts with the powder blues is ridiculous. Too random, doesn't fit. It would have been fine with royal blue.

Yep.  Noticed that yesterday.  Makes the royal accessories stand out like a sore thumb.  The blue isn't really 'powder blue' - it's much brighter.  I'd like for them to have white numbers and wordmark with blue inner lines, but they really can't with the shade of blue they're using.

Like this:

15971790%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u not this20200820-210344-preview.jpg

Actually, in those photos, it looks like it could be the same blue, but watching it on TV, it clearly looked brighter than the powder blue that the Phillies use (which I assume was the same blue that all the teams used back in the day.)

EDIT: I neer noticed that the middle horizontal line of the E wasn't filled in!  I'll never not see that now!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Can we stop posting crap concepts from outside the board that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

But... it did have to do with the topic at hand? Did it not pertain to the discussion of a Marlins black jersey? Can I not start a new line of discussion around the potential of Major League Baseball utilizing City Alternates much like the NBA?

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

it did have to do with the topic at hand?

not really.  Neither did the other one you posted.

Did it not pertain to the discussion of a Marlins black jersey?

It did not, because this is the MLB changes thread.

Can I not start a new line of discussion around the potential of Major League Baseball utilizing City Alternates much like the NBA?

You can!  I recommend you go do that.

2 minutes ago, McCall said:

It was. That's clearly a knock-off.

Blue Jays' powder blue jerseys: from 1977 to 2020 - Bluebird Banter

The link was from an auction site and claims it was game worn.  Here's the link... looks pretty legit:

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-collectibles/uniforms/1984-george-bell-game-worn-toronto-blue-jays-jersey/a/7200-83389.s

and another image (from a different auction site, but same jersey)

rare-george-bell-game-used-1984-toronto-

I can't find any other images specifically of a 1984 jersey, so this may have been some modification or defect specific to Bell's.

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Blue Jays using navy caps and helmets and undershirts with the powder blues is ridiculous. Too random, doesn't fit. It would have been fine with royal blue.

Gotta disagree.  They look really nice and I don't see the randomness in them.  Is navy blue not a team colour?  

If it weren't for the fact it would Rob the home fans (when they are allowed back in) the opportunity to see them up close and personal, I would say the Jays should switch to them full time on the road.

11 hours ago, M4One said:

Gotta disagree.  They look really nice and I don't see the randomness in them.  Is navy blue not a team colour?  

If it weren't for the fact it would Rob the home fans (when they are allowed back in) the opportunity to see them up close and personal, I would say the Jays should switch to them full time on the road.

Navy blue is such a minute team colour, that it would be akin to the Seattle Kraken using red helmets. Red is a more prominent colour than navy blue.

pearson-blue-jays.jpg

Use the white panel caps, complete the fauxback, and call it a day.

cropped_REU_2288007.jpg?ts=1459623300

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

11 hours ago, M4One said:

It's the inherent contradiction in powder blue nostalgia.   When they were a thing, they were the road uniforms.   But they're such a beloved thing to teams that they wear them as home throwbacks.

If teams want to add them back, they should just wear them as a road alt.   Fans will still love them and can either catch a road trip game at the closest city or enjoy them on TV.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived