kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Powder blue was simply a substitute for gray. The teams that wore powder blue used the exact same designs once they inevitably switched to gray, and teams wore blue that didn’t even have any blue in their schemes. 

I don’t think Teams should make any concessions to accommodate powder blue roads. Just switch from gray and call it a day. 

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

Navy blue is such a minute team colour, that it would be akin to the Seattle Kraken using red helmets. Red is a more prominent colour than navy blue.

I understand that it's a small part of the colour scheme, but it's still part of it.  Still looks good.  Kraken wearing red helmets, on the other hand, would not.  To me, it's the current Jays putting their own spin on the classic uniform, just like how their current look isn't a direct throwback to their original set.  It's an alternate jersey.  I'm fine with them incorporating more navy blue.

Brewers are in their road greys against Pittsburgh.  The overcast skies are causing the difference between the Brewers navy and Pirates black to become muted.  Thus this resembles and intrasquad game.

But frankly, it makes me appreciate the Brewers greys that much more, as the Pirates have always been one of the better looking teams in baseball to me.  I know I've complained before that "Milwaukee" looks better in a script than block letters, but I must say that is one fine looking baseball uniform.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

I know I've complained before that "Milwaukee" looks better in a script than block letters, but I must say that is one fine looking baseball uniform.

spacer.png

This will always be the gold standard for me

78b60153608040549d8893a8206c2a9f_front.j

I'm halfway expecting there to be a powder blue version next year.

If we're doing powder blue throwbacks I wish they'd be proper throwbacks. Pullovers and collar/armhole trim.

This powder blue bs needs to be wrangled in. Had a bell notification from jomboy. It was a video of Alvarez getting hit in the junk with a 105mph comebacker. What was really jarring was the Phillies in road grays against the Jays in the damn powders. It looked terrible. Something has to be done about that .

On 8/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, Digby said:

If we're doing powder blue throwbacks I wish they'd be proper throwbacks. Pullovers and collar/armhole trim.

But they aren’t really throwbacks. The Cardinals version never existed, the Blue Jays didn’t have a navy cap, and the Rangers didn’t have a powder blue cap. They are strictly there for merchandise sales. 

12 hours ago, BC985 said:

But they aren’t really throwbacks. The Cardinals version never existed, the Blue Jays didn’t have a navy cap, and the Rangers didn’t have a powder blue cap. They are strictly there for merchandise sales. 

#PFPS

I like powder blue when done right, but I don't like that teams are starting to wear it at home.  

8 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I like powder blue when done right, but I don't like that teams are starting to wear it at home.  

The Rays and Royals had the right idea, with powder blue jerseys/white pants at home. It's the addition of the pants and the Phillies/Jays/Rangers wearing them at home that's the problem.

I'd opt to eliminate powder blue pants at home. Road is fine, even though the Cardinals powder roads are as pleasant as self-inserting a catheter.

No doubt.  The Cardinals (and Cubs) should never have worn powder blue in the first place.  At least the Cubs never tried to bring it back, even though they could make a quick buck tying it in with the colors of the Chicago flag.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

No doubt.  The Cardinals (and Cubs) should never have worn powder blue in the first place.  At least the Cubs never tried to bring it back, even though they could make a quick buck tying it in with the colors of the Chicago flag.

Please don't give nike anymore bright ideas.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Can we stop posting crap concepts from outside the board that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

preach how i met your mother GIF

13 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Rays and Royals had the right idea, with powder blue jerseys/white pants at home. It's the addition of the pants and the Phillies/Jays/Rangers wearing them at home that's the problem.

I'd opt to eliminate powder blue pants at home. Road is fine, even though the Cardinals powder roads are as pleasant as self-inserting a catheter.

As much as I used to love the Phillies powder blues, as they were wearing them when I first got into baseball, they just don't look right to me. I think they look very similar to what they looked like in the 80s so Majestic and Nike have done a good job. However, I think it is the baggy pants that some of the players wear that have me feeling this way.

And to your point, all powder blue at home looks wrong.

The Rays definitely use their powder blue (which they call Columbia blue) as a team color. That's very different than teams that used powder as a base color like gray. 

4 hours ago, JayMac said:

As much as I used to love the Phillies powder blues, as they were wearing them when I first got into baseball, they just don't look right to me. I think they look very similar to what they looked like in the 80s so Majestic and Nike have done a good job. However, I think it is the baggy pants that some of the players wear that have me feeling this way.

And to your point, all powder blue at home looks wrong.

I’m holding onto hope that the use of the powder blues results in a return of the swirly P full time. 

Jackie Robinson Day 2020, All Players Wearing #42 and Patches Today

August 28, 2020 - 19:01 PM

Typically held each season on April 15th, the anniversary of his Major League debut in 1947, Jackie Robinson Day will instead be marked across the league on August 28th during the 2020 Major League Baseball season. As part of the annual celebration, all players on all teams will wear Jackie’s

Read More...

The Yankees and Mets are not wearing #42 for Game 1, but they might wear them for Game 2 of the double-header. I assume Game 2 is officially the Jackie Robinson Day game.

The hat patches with the 42 in each team's font are pretty cool (and I think someone noticed those patches here a few months ago). 

On 8/26/2020 at 5:52 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Rays definitely use their powder blue (which they call Columbia blue) as a team color. That's very different than teams that used powder as a base color like gray. 

YES.  I would love straight powder blue and yellow.  Right now they're just another navy team.