MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2020 at 3:23 PM, the admiral said:

Red = Cardinals

Blue = Cubs

They shouldn't have red numbers on grey, either. 

If there's one team I would most associate with blue, it would be the Dodgers, and it works for them.   But with these two I always think of them as...

Red and Blue = Cardinals

Blue and Red = Cubs

Especially with how much red is on that chest logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I will never understand how some Cubs fans on this forum think there is absolutely anything wrong at all with their uniforms.

Other than updating their blue alternates and going back to the Ernie Banks’ era “Chicago” script on their road unis, I completely agree.

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

I will never understand how some Cubs fans on this forum think there is absolutely anything wrong at all with their uniforms.

1) the Chicago script is very ugly

2) the blue uniforms look kind of plain and BP-y without red and white trim

3) the blue/red separation on grey is ugly

4) I don't like Dumpster Bear

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, NicDB said:

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there's anything wrong with my team's uniforms and they should stay the same forever.

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not sure if you meant me but here goes... I'm definitely not a Cubs fan... and I don't think anything is wrong with their uniforms at all... but my logic with my previous post is as follows: in my entire life I think I can safely assume that I've probably watched the Cubs play in their road and road alternate uniforms more than in their home whites and I've always enjoyed the aesthetics of both of those uniforms, both of which have red numbers. So when I see the back of their home pinstripe uniforms and I see the blue numbers my mind always goes "hmm, I wonder how those numbers would look in red" and I always think they would look pretty darn good. I'll admit this is just something lingering in my own mind and it doesn't mean anything is wrong with the blue numbers on their home uniforms.

The thought does bring me to another league wide thought... how many MLB teams have home and road uniforms with different colored numbers? It's probably a low number and that's probably why my mind wants to see the Cubs with one color for both. 

A quick overview of the home white and road grays for each team tells me it's just the Cubs, Rockies, Indians, and Twins who have different colored numbers on their home and road uniforms.

8 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The thought does bring me to another league wide thought... how many MLB teams have home and road uniforms with different colored numbers? It's probably a low number and that's probably why my mind wants to see the Cubs with one color for both. 

A quick overview of the home white and road grays for each team tells me it's just the Cubs, Rockies, Indians, and Twins who have different colored numbers on their home and road uniforms.

The Orioles went through a 15 year period where they played around with this (at least for their back numbers), they had orange numbers at home and black numbers on the road during the first half of the 90s, then switched to black numbers at home and orange numbers on the road during the second half of the 90s and early 2000s.

MLB Reveals Logos for 2020 World Series and Postseason

September 15, 2020 - 21:13 PM

Major League Baseball today unveiled their 2020 Postseason logos, including those for the World Series, LCS, LDS, and Wildcard rounds. This was done as the league was announcing the 2020 Postseason schedule and the neutral-site locations for the various rounds. For 2020, the logos follow a theme surrounding blue, silver,

Read More...

Keeping the sponsor logos separate from the series logos is a nice touch. Wish more sponsored events did that

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Yesterday and today - the Mariners are the designated home team in the series that shifted to San Francisco, but the Giants are wearing home jerseys while the Mariners wear alts and grays. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:29 PM, the admiral said:

1) the Chicago script is very ugly

2) the blue uniforms look kind of plain and BP-y without red and white trim

3) the blue/red separation on grey is ugly

4) I don't like Dumpster Bear

1) I think it's very legible and ties in well with the number font, which I think is one of the stronger elements of their uniforms.
2) I still like the blue jerseys, but you're not wrong.
3) I actually prefer it like that.  So often, red and royal don't contrast well enough on players who are moving around.  The way it is is much cleaner IMO.
4) Yeah, they probably could stand to get rid of that one.

Besides the one time Rhys Hopkins couldnt get a double-c-flapped red helmet to protect an injury, we have the Phillies breaking protocol of “pinstripes on opening day and in night starts, unless it is powder blue Thursday.” A 6:05p first pitch, and Philadelphia sports cream alternates with blue caps.  Could be argued that they broke yesterday on game 2 of a doubleheader, but there is plausible rationale of not wanting to change from game 1 which started at a “day” time of 5:05.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived