MLB Changes 2020

kimball

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Best look at the Twins updated script logo I've seen yet:

Ditch the mustard and put this on the jerseys now!

This makes me almost positive they will update to this wordmark as soon as next year. It’s really been everywhere, from commercials, to social media, to in-ballpark graphics. If they do make the switch, they ought to give @SFGiants58 some royalties, though.

So, it appears it’s postseason patches for hats only (not jerseys) and no logos on the field. 

And if you look closely here, the Indians have mowed off the ads that were along the baselines, but the extra ads covering sections of seats remain: 

(FYI - They’ve had the top of the dugouts tarped off during games all season for reasons I don’t entirely understand.)

The Twins are actually no longer using the mark created by SFGiants58 and are in fact using a new script altogether. There are, of course, some striking similarities.

d9X9ije.jpg

EjGfzspXgAANap1?format=jpg&name=large

I traced the image above from a few promo images, so it's not perfect, but I have to imagine we'll see it on the front of Twins jerseys next season. The team president has hinted that pinstripes are returning. The awkward thing is that the brand new powder blue uniforms and the newer navy jerseys both utilize the retro script. Would they just swap out the scripts?

On 9/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, Bmac said:

The Twins are actually no longer using the mark created by SFGiants58 and are in fact using a new script altogether. There are, of course, some striking similarities.

I mean, all due respect to SFGiants58, but they're both based off the Minnesota script. There's only a limited number of ways it's going to look.

20 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

i personally believe the Kasota gold era has come to a close today

Kirby's ghost, please.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, CitizenTino said:

So, it appears it’s postseason patches for hats only (not jerseys) and no logos on the field. 

And if you look closely here, the Indians have mowed off the ads that were along the baselines, but the extra ads covering sections of seats remain: 

(FYI - They’ve had the top of the dugouts tarped off during games all season for reasons I don’t entirely understand.)

Could it be painted with a sponsor that is no longer? 

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

How friggin' big is the White Sox's name lettering?   Anderson is not a very long name and it's going from armpit-to-armpit on his jersey.   He's approaching Saltalamacchia on the Rangers levels.

No bigger than anyone else's, Anderson just wears his uniform really snug. 

The Marlins colores can look absolutely great. The current execution is simply a swing and a miss... You don't need a 96 inches 4k tv to see the details on these t-shirts even from a distance.

93bef5ea-04fe-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg

Both the new blue and red look gorgeous on a black background when given a chance to actually be seen...

ff_2519255alt2_full.jpg&w=900

ff_3405984-7ad859b71c1d66135216alt2_full