kimball

MLB Changes 2020

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Best look at the Twins updated script logo I've seen yet:

Ditch the mustard and put this on the jerseys now!

This makes me almost positive they will update to this wordmark as soon as next year. It’s really been everywhere, from commercials, to social media, to in-ballpark graphics. If they do make the switch, they ought to give @SFGiants58 some royalties, though.

Wouldn't mind switching designations and making the ST the primary. I want them to keep one of the W jerseys around though, be it(in order) red, white, or flag.

The Twins pulling SFGiants58's work off a google image search and running with it because they thought it was the one they already had on file may not be a board member's highest real-world achievement in graphic design, but it's easily the funniest.

So, it appears it’s postseason patches for hats only (not jerseys) and no logos on the field. 

And if you look closely here, the Indians have mowed off the ads that were along the baselines, but the extra ads covering sections of seats remain: 

(FYI - They’ve had the top of the dugouts tarped off during games all season for reasons I don’t entirely understand.)

The Twins are actually no longer using the mark created by SFGiants58 and are in fact using a new script altogether. There are, of course, some striking similarities.

d9X9ije.jpg

EjGfzspXgAANap1?format=jpg&name=large

I traced the image above from a few promo images, so it's not perfect, but I have to imagine we'll see it on the front of Twins jerseys next season. The team president has hinted that pinstripes are returning. The awkward thing is that the brand new powder blue uniforms and the newer navy jerseys both utilize the retro script. Would they just swap out the scripts?

The Metrodome look is the best the Twins have ever looked, road pinstripes and all. 

Though I would have the TC hat as the primary hat, but keep the M hat around as an alternate, because I quite like it.

4 hours ago, Bmac said:

The team president has hinted that pinstripes are returning.

Really? Tried to look for info but couldn't find anything... That'd be incredible.

With how much the twins have been pushing that word mark on social media, stadium graphics, and the homer hanky, I would be surprised if that isn't on our uniforms next year

i personally believe the Kasota gold era has come to a close today

How friggin' big is the White Sox's name lettering?   Anderson is not a very long name and it's going from armpit-to-armpit on his jersey.   He's approaching Saltalamacchia on the Rangers levels.

On 9/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, Bmac said:

The Twins are actually no longer using the mark created by SFGiants58 and are in fact using a new script altogether. There are, of course, some striking similarities.

I mean, all due respect to SFGiants58, but they're both based off the Minnesota script. There's only a limited number of ways it's going to look.

20 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

i personally believe the Kasota gold era has come to a close today

Kirby's ghost, please.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, CitizenTino said:

So, it appears it’s postseason patches for hats only (not jerseys) and no logos on the field. 

And if you look closely here, the Indians have mowed off the ads that were along the baselines, but the extra ads covering sections of seats remain: 

(FYI - They’ve had the top of the dugouts tarped off during games all season for reasons I don’t entirely understand.)

Could it be painted with a sponsor that is no longer? 

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

How friggin' big is the White Sox's name lettering?   Anderson is not a very long name and it's going from armpit-to-armpit on his jersey.   He's approaching Saltalamacchia on the Rangers levels.

No bigger than anyone else's, Anderson just wears his uniform really snug. 

Jon Sciambi on ESPN/ABC was just complaining about the Marlins' illegible numbers on the black jerseys.

It's weird when national announcers tell the world they are watching the game on 1956 televisions. /s

Just now, WSU151 said:

Jon Sciambi on ESPN/ABC was just complaining about the Marlins' illegible numbers on the black jerseys.

It's weird when national announcers are watching the game on 1956 televisions. /s

I was HBP'd when he made that remark!!!!

Wow.   The new Pads colors look STUNNING in the golden light of the setting sun.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

No bigger than anyone else's, Anderson just wears his uniform really snug. 

Well, he's got some crazy kerning going on.

dm5csb0.png

Cardinals have different striping on their socks than the usual pattern with the W/B/W. 

40 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Cardinals have different striping on their socks than the usual pattern with the W/B/W. 

Huge downgrade. A real shame...

The Marlins colores can look absolutely great. The current execution is simply a swing and a miss... You don't need a 96 inches 4k tv to see the details on these t-shirts even from a distance.

93bef5ea-04fe-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg

Both the new blue and red look gorgeous on a black background when given a chance to actually be seen...

ff_2519255alt2_full.jpg&w=900

ff_3405984-7ad859b71c1d66135216alt2_full

15 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

How so?

Flaherty turns in strong game but he and Cardinals trail Padres 1-0 in 7th  | News | tribuneledgernews.com9 Padres pitchers blank Cardinals 4-0 in Game 3, reache NLDS St. Louis  Cardinals San Diego Padres Game Los Angeles Dodgers AP | The Independent

2 hours ago, McCall said:

How so?

Flaherty turns in strong game but he and Cardinals trail Padres 1-0 in 7th  | News | tribuneledgernews.com9 Padres pitchers blank Cardinals 4-0 in Game 3, reache NLDS St. Louis  Cardinals San Diego Padres Game Los Angeles Dodgers AP | The Independent

Sizes and location are all over the place since the new socks deal... Some barely look red.