MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but whoever plays in the WS will be wearing blue somehow.

Every World Series from 2015-2020 has had both teams wearing a shade of blue.

2015: Mets vs Royals

2016: Cubs vs Indians

2017: Dodgers vs Astros

2018: Dodgers vs Red Sox

2019: Nationals vs Astros

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/16/2020 at 2:02 PM, coco1997 said:

The more I see them in action, the more I realize I really dislike the Rays' navy alternates. The simple fix of making the scripts and number sky blue makes all the difference in the world. 

Another simple fix I think would be to have the numbers, and NOB, match the outlines on the "Rays" script on the front, a la the Angels red on red jersey. The Rays navy on navy always looked odd, and worse than the Angels red on red, to me because they went with just a single white outline for the number and then a white NOB.

giants-angels-baseball-97437.jpg

0x0.jpg%3FcropX1=0&cropX2=3657&cropY1=18

I've also always thought the Rays sans-Devil identity is, and has always been, dreadfully boring.

IbjBaeE.png

On 10/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, monkeypower said:

Another simple fix I think would be to have the numbers, and NOB, match the outlines on the "Rays" script on the front, a la the Angels red on red jersey. The Rays navy on navy always looked odd, and worse than the Angels red on red, to me because they went with just a single white outline for the number and then a white NOB.

giants-angels-baseball-97437.jpg

0x0.jpg%3FcropX1=0&cropX2=3657&cropY1=18

I've also always thought the Rays sans-Devil identity is, and has always been, dreadfully boring.

Disagree. The Rays looks better. The abundance of outlines and drop shadows on the Angels is clutter overkill. The Rays simple white looks better by comparison. It's actually not all that difficult to read.

Well, I’d rather see the rays navy jersey use light blue words, white outline and their home-road have navy numbers outlined in light blue. I think the thing with the rays (maybe the angels too, but I have all the rays jerseys so I know firsthand) is that it’s the exact same lettering and numbers on every jersey no matter the color. Same word marks, same navy numbers with white outline (home whites have white outline around numbers). It just doesn’t translate aesthetically like we would prefer. The only inconsistency in the set is the names on the navy (couldn’t be navy cause it’s single color and would be invisible) and the names on the light blue (only name with an outline color)

KISSwall09.jpg

On 10/18/2020 at 12:03 AM, WSU151 said:

Every World Series from 2015-2020 has had both teams wearing a shade of blue.

2015: Mets vs Royals

2016: Cubs vs Indians

2017: Dodgers vs Astros

2018: Dodgers vs Red Sox

2019: Nationals vs Astros

Interestingly, since 1990 only two World Series matchups haven't featured blue at all. 1990 Reds vs A's and 2005 White Sox vs Astros (At the time they were of course wearing brick red and black). 

4 hours ago, amazinbaseball said:

Interestingly, since 1990 only two World Series matchups haven't featured blue at all. 1990 Reds vs A's and 2005 White Sox vs Astros (At the time they were of course wearing brick red and black). 

Go back 1 year earlier and add Battle of the Bay. 02 is almost close as the Angels outlines were the only thing navy, everything else super red heavy.

12 hours ago, McCall said:

Disagree. The Rays looks better. The abundance of outlines and drop shadows on the Angels is clutter overkill. The Rays simple white looks better by comparison. It's actually not all that difficult to read.

The Rays having the player name in solid white is a huge difference maker too. It's way harder to read the Angels players names at a distance than the numbers.

I really dug the Rays in green...there's too many navy teams in the AL East and Central. A Hartford Whalers type color scheme would of worked good maybe if they wanted to stick with a little blue?

What is the font on the TB logo? It always seemed pretty generic to me...like a font you'd find in Microsoft Word.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

California is not “the southern US” in any meaningful way, though. 

Maybe rephrase as "first LCS with all teams from south of the 35th parallel".

(assuming it's true... I didn't fact check his original claim.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/20/2020 at 11:57 AM, BBTV said:

Maybe rephrase as "first LCS with all teams from south of the 35th parallel".

(assuming it's true... I didn't fact check his original claim.)

well.... there was the 2017 World Series

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived