MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Hardman 1 said:

When did the Rays add the white outlines to the names on the gray jerseys?  And when did they stop using nameplates for all their jerseys?

12 hours ago, insert name said:

I didn't realize this till now but Tampa don't have the nameplates anymore. I dunno, they probably added nothing but I kinda liked those. 

2019 I believe.  It was when they ditched the nameplates and put letters right on the jersey.

Major League Baseball had the Swoosh added on to the front of the jersey.  Granted it looks better than a UnderArmour logo, but which would look better: a Nike Swoosh or a MLB logo?
spacer.png

1 minute ago, sayahh said:

Granted it looks better than a UnderArmour logo

no it doesn't. the swoosh is designed to catch your eye and draw you away from everything else on the uniform. it's the worst logo involved in sports and MLB made a colossal mistake putting it on the front of the jerseys

11 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

no it doesn't. the swoosh is designed to catch your eye and draw you away from everything else on the uniform. it's the worst logo involved in sports and MLB made a colossal mistake putting it on the front of the jerseys

Duh. I meant that since the UnderArmour deal fell through, Nike took over the terms of that UA contract, and greedy MLB didn't make a mistake: the were greedy and never cared about fans, only their money.

Given the choice of logo or no logo, I'd obviously choose no logo every time (same with NBA jerseys), but given the choice of Nike or UA logo, I'd choose the Swoosh.  My question is whether a MLB batter logo would be better than the Swoosh. 

56 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Major League Baseball had the Swoosh added on to the front of the jersey.  Granted it looks better than a UnderArmour logo, but which would look better: a Nike Swoosh or a MLB logo?

Personally? The Swoosh looks better. Single color, minimal design, the biggest knock against it is that it's a manufacturer's mark. The batterman is three colors, a very noticeable design, and would look awful on the front of jerseys.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 10/25/2020 at 10:17 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Some Rays players have green and yellow socks to match the hat logo.

Reason number 346 on why I hate stance socks. It reminds me of when undershirts got crazy. The pirates still wore vests and some players wore the black undershirts with the gradient yellow dots that looked primarily yellow and didn’t have the sleeve logo.

KISSwall09.jpg

Umpires Add “DC” Patch for 2020 World Series

October 28, 2020 - 00:15 AM

Major League Baseball umpires have added a “DC” patch on the sleeves of their jersey tops for the remainder of the 2020 World Series and presumably for the 2021 season as well. The patch is being worn in memory of former big league umpire Derryl Cousins who died last week

Read More...

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Even some of you here hate it...I’m SERIOUSLY hoping the Dodgers rocked gold-trimmed jerseys (in cream instead of white!) for the ring ceremony next year.

Why cream? Dodgers have never worn cream, and I don’t think they want to be copying the Giants

Archived