MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were discussing the dome and its effect on the Rays' uniform.   Anyone else find them looking really weird under the lights in Arlington?

ryan-thompson-of-the-tampa-bay-rays-looks-on-in-the-ninth-inning-5-picture-id1229284679?s=2048x2048jiman-choi-of-the-tampa-bay-rays-looks-on-during-game-5-of-the-2020-picture-id1229284531?s=2048x2048

Their Columbia blues looked so much more saturated and deeper than I've ever seen them before.   Here's them under the lights at the Trop:

kevin-kiermaier-of-the-tampa-bay-rays-reacts-after-hitting-a-game-picture-id1259241408?s=2048x2048

And this is them outside under the lights in San Diego:

diego-castillo-of-the-tampa-bay-rays-cel

I actually think the Trop lights make it look the best.   The Columbia looks lighter and the navy looks a stark dark.   

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 10/28/2020 at 7:10 PM, amazinbaseball said:

That's not cream as much as it is flannel that has aged for close to 7 decades. The original color for those would be much more white. 

That’s an underrated point; all these teams adopting “old school” cream uniforms are actually going farther away from the original look.

White flannels weren’t as saturated white as modern polyester, but they were closer to that than the rich cream color left by fifty years of aging. 

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That’s an underrated point; all these teams adopting “old school” cream uniforms are actually going farther away from the original look.

White flannels weren’t as saturated white as modern polyester, but they were closer to that than the rich cream color left by fifty years of aging. 

"Cotton breathes. You see, it's much softer."

On 10/1/2020 at 2:29 PM, seasaltvanilla said:

I mean, all due respect to SFGiants58, but they're both based off the Minnesota script. There's only a limited number of ways it's going to look.

Heck, their version looks a lot better than mine! I really don't like the way I did the "w" and my "s" is too smooth. I'm looking forward to them promoting it in their style guide.

Archived