MLB Changes 2020

kimball

1 hour ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Not uniform related but I hope SCEA adds Olympic Stadium in MLB 20 the Show so I can play all Expos (Nationals) games in Olympic Stadium with the either the 1981 or 1994 Expos homes jerseys.

Anyway the Rangers won't be getting new uniforms or even a new alternate for next season since their moving into a new ball park?

Have the Houston Astros officially retired their 2013-2019 Away Cap (Navy Crown/Orange Bill) as they haven't worn that cap in ages it seams like.

I doubt it.  The Astros wore that cap on September 27th, and dont trust the playoffs as any indication on future uniform changes/trends.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the Rangers would change their identity during moving to a new ballpark? If they definitely change it, I hope they brought their star badge logo and modernize it or brought the Ryan-era identity back. But I actually liked their first logo and font and it's very western.

5289p642uczhlrkihwnvthos6.png1984TEX_TEX_AL_W.gif

1371.png

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

11 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I doubt it.  The Astros wore that cap on September 27th, and dont trust the playoffs as any indication on future uniform changes/trends.

They didn't wear the orange-billed cap as much this year, and they didn't wear the orange cap with the blue bill at all. The orange-billed cap was worn occasionally on the road (it was the cap they wore most of the time on the road before this year), and it was also used with the navy jerseys for Sunday home games.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, SFGiants58 said:

giphy.gif

Speaking of material from 1997, I'd like to see the Rays keep the '90s throwbacks as a permanent part of their wardrobe. If they keep playing at The Trop, they need to look as bright as possible to combat the dinginess of that building.

From the look of the local promos and schedules, that may just be happening.

spacer.png

There's at least one Redditor claiming to have confirmation from someone at MLB properties.  Not exactly an infailable source, but it sure is nice to hear these rumors heating up before the World Series.

Dude this got me so excited! I go to Brewers On Deck every year now, and am hoping that is when they decide to unveil the new unis. And yes I will be among the first to buy the new stuff once available, which I hope will be that day as well. 

packchampionslfroh.png

I would hope they'd be ready before the holidays, but Brewers On Deck would be the absolutely latest I would expect them.  Missing that opportunity would be a major fail.

FWIW, have a tendency to unveil new uniforms at Brewers on Deck, such as the 2013 gold alts and the navy BiG alts from 2016.

Is 2020 going to be celebrated as the Brewers' 50th Anniversary season? I don't recall seeing anything this past year, but the team recognized 1994 as its 25th.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like that the Brewers do everything in their power to ignore their one season as the Seattle Pilots. It's a nice way of saying that they should have been included in the 1969 expansion in the first place (also that the Braves were to blame for the move, not the market) and that it was a mistake to give an expansion team to that woefully unprepared group (thanks, Stuart Symington). 

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like that the Brewers do everything in their power to ignore their one season as the Seattle Pilots. It's a nice way of saying that they should have been included in the 1969 expansion in the first place (also that the Braves were to blame for the move, not the market) and that it was a mistake to give an expansion team to that woefully unprepared group (thanks, Stuart Symington). 

The Braves should've never left Milwaukee. 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, cheo25 said:

They didn't wear the orange-billed cap as much this year, and they didn't wear the orange cap with the blue bill at all. The orange-billed cap was worn occasionally on the road (it was the cap they wore most of the time on the road before this year), and it was also used with the navy jerseys for Sunday home games.

I would kill to see the all orange hat at home and the all blue hat on the road once again.

Archived