MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that reds script overly big to anyone else? Maybe its a small jersey size? It’s what happens when you have a 3-4 letter nickname trying to span across an entire chest. That’s gotta be one of the biggest manufacturers logo and team logo combo ever seen. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Is that reds script overly big to anyone else? Maybe its a small jersey size? It’s what happens when you have a 3-4 letter nickname trying to span across an entire chest. That’s gotta be one of the biggest manufacturers logo and team logo combo ever seen. 

Seems like that's making the Nike logo look worse than it presumably will on other jerseys. It's too close to the R.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

279.99 for a blank

359.99 for a players jersey

AYKM?  I can't recall what prices were like 10-years ago, that seems like 100% or even more increase, just based on my memory.  I can't imagine spending $360 for a sports jersey - let alone a thin-material coolbase-type.  

9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I can’t be the only one who absolutely HATES that Reds script, right? 

Have you been a member of this board for the past 10ish years?  

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

The Mets make a 4-letter script work, but it's thinner and there's a little more spacing between letters.  This one, along with the Cuba one (but the Reds is worse) are great examples of how hard it is - and why it's not advisable - to try and stretch 4 letters across such a large space.

Do they own the trademark for "Redlegs"?  I'd love for them to have alternate red pants and jerseys that read "Red Legs" (or Redlegs), even if the alt jersey was actually red.  For a team named the Reds... I think they could pull it off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

it seems comparable to the Rays font size. But the Rays is more blockish.  The script fonts look to take up more space. 

Over the past decade it seems the reds have gone into their past and tried to dig up every last type of logo or script they could find to use it in some way probably to sell stuff.  I think there’s a reason this font only showed up for one season in the 30s and even then it was a small chest patch sized Mark.  Every Reds jersey needs the wishbone C over the heart.  

So yeah. I think it’s a combo of things now that I compare it to others. TWINS is pretty large across the chest. METS isn’t so bad. RAYS has gotten smaller over the years. Jersey color with the white script just pops. I think it may be a nike-fied version Of a mlb Jersey. Overly large for no real reason.

The biggest takeaway is that tail on the script takes up the most eye popping real estate. The other four letter teams do not make that a focal point. The TWINS have that fake little tail underscore underline. For better or worse, I’m drawn to that white tail. 

This won’t be the last overly large word marked Jersey we see. Nike has their hands all over this. 

25 minutes ago, MattMill said:

So yeah. I think it’s a combo of things now that I compare it to others. TWINS is pretty large across the chest. METS isn’t so bad. RAYS has gotten smaller over the years. Jersey color with the white script just pops. I think it may be a nike-fied version Of a mlb Jersey. Overly large for no real reason.

I’d put it on the team more than Nike. The Reds like that wordmark large:

spacer.png

The biggest takeaway is that tail on the script takes up the most eye popping real estate. The other four letter teams do not make that a focal point. The TWINS have that fake little tail underscore underline. For better or worse, I’m drawn to that white tail. 

It’s a poorly-crafted script.

This won’t be the last overly large word marked Jersey we see. Nike has their hands all over this. 

Not everything is a Nike conspiracy. Remember how I said all you do is whine and moan?

The Reds' new alt is extremely disappointing. After a season that featured SO, SO many good looks that could have been used (or even adapted), the ownership continues its near obsession with a script adapted from the 1936 "Palm Beach" uniform that is... ehhhhh.... not an iconic Reds look.  At least the Brewers will have a nice new look.

I've come around on the Reds script. Hated it at first and then began to see it's usefulness in certain applications. I think it's well-crafted and does the job it's trying to do. I don't mind it on the alternate because it's an alternate, but if it ever replaces the CREDS logo on the white jersey I'll be very upset. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Arizona Diamondbacks Unveil Updated Nike Uniforms

November 8, 2019 - 16:54 PM

With Nike becoming the Major League Baseball’s official outfitter beginning with the 2020 season, the Arizona Diamondbacks have used the opportunity to update their existing uniform set. The Diamondbacks’ new uniforms aren’t a complete overhaul of their existing set, but […]

Read More...

Archived