MLB Changes 2020

kimball

44 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If that’s the case then why did they bring back the original teal & black throwbacks last season?

Because it was the 25th season and because they are popular throwbacks but they were just that, throwbacks. They'll continue to do the throwbacks, they won't shy away from those, but that doesn't mean they'll revert to those anytime soon if ever. 

Plenty of teams use throwbacks and it doesn't mean they'll switch to them full time. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we now know that at least one team will not be embroidering swooshes onto leftover Majestic jerseys. This set is an upgrade, IMO, but I still hate the number font.
I think the Los D-Backs is the best of the set, and is--at least temporarily--apparently sans swoosh.

Was it said if these are "Nike" jerseys for sure?  I thought Nike templates / materials weren't coming for another season, and that next year would just be re-badged Majestic materials.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

Because it’s not a shirt, it’s a jersey that represents a team/fanbase and it costs $80+ to buy. 

Still sounds like a type of shirt to me, and still doesn’t explain why it needs to be exciting. There are plenty of great baseball shirts that aren’t exciting in the least.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was it said if these are "Nike" jerseys for sure?  I thought Nike templates / materials weren't coming for another season, and that next year would just be re-badged Majestic materials.

Yeah, I could’ve sworn I read on here that that would be the case. Might’ve had something to do with Under Armour backing out so late not giving Nike enough time to come up with a new template? IDK if that’s completely accurate, but I swear I read something similar on here

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

IIRC at least for 2020 it is the case that they're just putting Nike logos on Majestic flex-base jerseys.

I can't imagine that the Marlins will be wearing the current logo and uniform for 10 years, but I am certain that we will have to wait several for significant changes. I fully expect them to make adjustments, such as fixing the hideous black on black jersey, adding a blue jersey for game use, and likely introducing new cap color options.

If the Marlins ever do follow what the Brewers and Padres are doing, that would also entail ditching the red/orange red color. It wood be good riddance too.

It's hard to believe that the Jeffrey Loria Miami Marlins set lasted for eight seasons without any real modifications aside from the frequency at which some items were worn.

Updated the MLB app on my phone this morning. Along with updating San Diego’s colors, there was an update to the Cardinals STL. The trial run appears to have become official. 

As a Cards fan, this doesn’t bother me, but it is more of Bill DeWitt III’s change for the sake of change that he’s been engaging in for the last 6-7 years.

Just now, Brandon9485 said:

Updated the MLB app on my phone this morning. Along with updating San Diego’s colors, there was an update to the Cardinals STL. The trial run appears to have become official. 

As a Cards fan, this doesn’t bother me, but it is more of Bill DeWitt’s change for the sake of change that he’s been engaging in for the last 6-7 years.

Well, let's just say that I think the update was a significant improvement. I just hope that the "St. Louis" script finally makes its way to the road uniform (wishful thinking).

We don't know what Nike's involvement was at all.  I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the coverage.  For all we know, their involvement could be limited to receiving a new graphics file via email so they can start putting it on t-shirts.  They technically don't even need to have been involved at all with the unveiling, since it's likely just leftover Majestic stock that someone slapped a swoosh on.  

Or, maybe their design team worked on it start to finish.  Until we know, we don't know.  You know?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I can't imagine that the Marlins will be wearing the current logo and uniform for 10 years

If we're counting tweaks, I'd easily bet on it.

This ownership has shown zero signs of being the kind to go back on their new direction even within 10 years. 

And, just to clarify, the Loria set lasted for 7 seasons, 6 under him, one more under Jeter. 

4 hours ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Just wanted to add that all items on the Brewers online store are marked down...

No, not everything. 

spacer.png

And yeah, a lot of stuff is.  But that appears to be the general end of season sale - the Yankees have the exact same stuff on sale. 

12 hours ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Just wanted to add that all items on the Brewers online store are marked down...

All teams have items marked down. The entire site has a sale this weekend.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

As a Cards fan, this doesn’t bother me, but it is more of Bill DeWitt III’s change for the sake of change that he’s been engaging in for the last 6-7 years.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that!  That's what I get for updating before bed just to see the SD updates.  Now I wonder how long I'd have gone without noticing if I hadn't read your comment?  

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

1 hour ago, CardsFan79 said:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that!  That's what I get for updating before bed just to see the SD updates.  Now I wonder how long I'd have gone without noticing if I hadn't read your comment?  

It was included with the San Diego

update, so you aren’t far behind. 

Archived