MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but the 2020 template is a continuation of Majestic's template just with a Nike swoosh correct?

This would make some sense with the short timeline Nike is dealing with. 

Yep.  After UnderArmour flamed out, Nike stepped in on short notice.

If Nike wants to introduce its own templates, we won't see them until 2021.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:23 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Is it just me or does the road gray look lighter than the "normal" road gray color? Side by side it's very comparable to the home whites... is it possible they went from the darkest gray to the lightest?

IMG_9437-600x400.jpg

It does look a lot lighter than before. To me, it looks a lot like the grey they wore from 2007-2015. 

Arizona fixed a lot of issues (road GRAY, no more snakeskin patterns on hats/shoulders) they still have an “identity” issue by having a home with red and a home with teal. The tweak is definitely an upgrade.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Arizona fixed a lot of issues (road GRAY, no more snakeskin patterns on hats/shoulders) they still have an “identity” issue by having a home with red and a home with teal. The tweak is definitely an upgrade.

While they kept the teal the words of that team executive the other day tells me they know they have a bit of an identity issue there. He said the use of teal was being scaled back because it wasn't part of their primary color scheme. 

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

While they kept the teal the words of that team executive the other day tells me they know they have a bit of an identity issue there. He said the use of teal was being scaled back because it wasn't part of their primary color scheme.

If I could, I’d like to tell that executive that the answer to the Diamondbacks‘ identity issue is sitting right under his nose; teal should be part of the primary color scheme.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

4 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

If I could, I’d like to tell that executive that the answer to the Diamondbacks‘ identity issue is sitting right under his nose; make it part of the primary color scheme.

Makes you wonder why it hasn't been done. I mean, if they just did a "refresh" and still kept the teal as an alternate color that tells me that they, for some reason, don't want the teal in the primary color scheme, or "brand," as the executive said. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe because four colors is too many?

While I like the color, I’m not sure it really works with red, sand, and black.  The only way they’ve made it work is to scale back the red drastically. 

Which means they must really love the red so that's probably a fair assumption of an answer for now. They're not willing to drop the red to let the teal in.

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe because four colors is too many?

While I like the color, I’m not sure it really works with red, sand, and black.  The only way they’ve made it work is to scale back the red drastically. 

They would more than likely eliminate sand, in that scenario, as the current "teal" alternate is only black/red/teal.

Archived