kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

 

If I could, I’d like to tell that executive that the answer to the Diamondbacks‘ identity issue is sitting right under his nose; teal should be part of the primary color scheme.

 

I know I am in the minority but I liked the snakeskin on the shoulders (only), the dark grey road uniform and the teal.  Teal makes their color scheme pop really nice.  It would be a shame to ditch teal one day because then they would essentially be 2007-2015 all over again (bland). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I know I am in the minority but I liked the snakeskin on the shoulders (only)

 

shocked curb your enthusiasm GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embrace the teal. Its such a unique color scheme. Embrace it. 

 

The jerseys look way better. I think the gray roads are the best in the set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'd go for teal, black and white with no red as an alt.  

So the Florida Marlins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 12:08 PM, Bucfan56 said:

The D Backs no longer utilizing that awesome D snake logo they have in any form is a pretty big disappointment. I get the complaint about using the first letter of the nickname on the hat rather than the first letter of the city, but that’s the one hat I could always make an exception for. I’ve always loved their D snake logo. 

 

Thats one thong that that I think they screwed up about their current color scheme. The red cap should’ve had the A logo, and the black hat should’ve had the D snake logo in red. I always thought that reversal was a bad idea. 

I was a fan of the first D logo they made in 1998.  The D logo they redid in 2007 looked too much like a garden snake.  I actually prefer the snakeface logo over the D logo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pengin. said:

Embrace the teal. Its such a unique color scheme. Embrace it. 

 

The jerseys look way better. I think the gray roads are the best in the set

I think that a lot of people have a misunderstanding about teal/turquoise.  teal/turquoise is another color of the southwest but one can only understand it if they live here.   It is on a lot of SW Indian art down here.  The teal as an accent color makes the hats and uniforms pop really well.  It would be a shame to someday eliminate teal and go back to sedona/black/sand like it was before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who prefers the red sand and black scheme for the D-backs? Don’t get me wrong, the 90s color scheme was gorgeous. But their current scheme looks just as good and more modern. I think this update puts them easily into the upper half of the uniforms in the mlb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think anyone fails to understand that turquoise is an appropriate color for the southwest.  

 

Nobody’s saying that it doesn’t fit the region, only that it doesn’t fit well with that shade of red.  And that four colors is too many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

teal/turquoise is another color of the southwest but one can only understand it if they live here.   It is on a lot of SW Indian art down here. 

 

I’ll take “Opinions from 1872” for $400, Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I know I am in the minority but I liked the snakeskin on the shoulders (only), the dark grey road uniform...

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Never be ashamed to have the wrong one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL - can “only understand it if they live here”. Come on bro. I don’t need too be born and raised in a place to know what colors represent the area. Don’t assume people are dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The Indians had talked about developing a new alternate logo for a new sleeve patch now that the All-Star Game has come and gone, but it now looks like they are punting for another year. No sleeve patches for 2020: https://theathletic.com/1365582/2019/11/13/meisels-mailbox-the-indians-logo-plans-brad-hands-future-and-a-tribe-offseason-wish-list/


Trying to develop a new alternate for the Indians is like break-dancing in a mine field. Whatever you do, there’s a 75% chance there’ll be a fatal explosion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah everyone says teal but the color the DBacks are currently using isn't a true teal. Their 1998 color was more of a teal. This newer one is way lighter and greenish and more minty I guess you could say. And I think turqoise is probably a better description of that local color anyways. I think we only say teal because the team keeps saying teal. Compare the old school logo on the left to the newer teal in the middle and to the right...

diamondbacks-header

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The Indians had talked about developing a new alternate logo for a new sleeve patch now that the All-Star Game has come and gone, but it now looks like they are punting for another year. No sleeve patches for 2020: https://theathletic.com/1365582/2019/11/13/meisels-mailbox-the-indians-logo-plans-brad-hands-future-and-a-tribe-offseason-wish-list/

 

This is somewhat interesting...because at the very least (one step above no patch), they could go with a roundel with the C in it, but they probably don't even like that boring idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah everyone says teal but the color the DBacks are currently using isn't a true teal. Their 1998 color was more of a teal. This newer one is way lighter and greenish and more minty I guess you could say. And I think turqoise is probably a better description of that local color anyways. I think we only say teal because the team keeps saying teal. Compare the old school logo on the left to the newer teal in the middle and to the right...

diamondbacks-header

The newer turquoise or mint blue-green pairs fantastically with that shade of red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I think that a lot of people have a misunderstanding about teal/turquoise.  teal/turquoise is another color of the southwest but one can only understand it if they live here.   It is on a lot of SW Indian art down here.  The teal as an accent color makes the hats and uniforms pop really well.  It would be a shame to someday eliminate teal and go back to sedona/black/sand like it was before.  

 

I'm from the Midwest, but this has always been my argument for why the Diamondbacks should revert to their 2001 colors?

 

Were they part of a 90s trend? Sure. But by awesome coincidence, they landed on the team in the part of the country where they actually make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.