kimball

MLB Changes 2020

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This is somewhat interesting...because at the very least (one step above no patch), they could go with a roundel with the C in it, but they probably don't even like that boring idea. 

Is Cleveland now in line for worst unis in MLB?  

By the time the Indians figure out a sleeve logo, MLB will green-light advertising patches for uniforms and it will be a moot point. 

25 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

There are three teams that need uniform updates more than Cleveland: Twins, Rays, Reds. 

35 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

The Marlins, Twins, Rays and Diamondbacks are still worse... The Indians while a bit boring are still looking way better than these guys.  Other than that MLB is in great shape.

In MLB The Show it's hard to play in the 1989 "Major League" Indians uniforms as Chief Wahoo is missing from the sleeves and caps. The cap they use for the 89 Indians is the 1979-1985 Block "C" cap with red bill. Just eliminate the 1989 set and add the 1980 set SCEA!

As for the real life Indians uniforms, wouldn't hurt if they did a modernization of the 1980 sets.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, Pengin. said:

Embrace the teal. Its such a unique color scheme. Embrace it. 

It enrages me that MLB seems to be stuck in the mindset from the late aughts that teal is nothing more than a 90s fad color. Sure, it was popular during that decade but I don't think teal carries nearly the same level of distaste that it did 10 years ago. Teal would be a welcomed addition to a league swimming in blue and red. It's slightly comical that the Marlins abandoned a unique and beloved color scheme to become yet another blue and red team, even if the shades slightly deviate from those worn by most other teams.

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t think anyone fails to understand that turquoise is an appropriate color for the southwest.  

Nobody’s saying that it doesn’t fit the region, only that it doesn’t fit well with that shade of red.  And that four colors is too many.

For what it's worth, I think that this cap is absolutely gorgeous:

ff_2659194_full.jpg&w=340

I do too, but that red looks brighter.  Is New Era using generic red thread, or is this just a case of certain materials reflecting light more than others?

I’d hate to lose the sand, but focusing on a brighter red wouldn’t be a bad trade off. 

2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I do too, but that red looks brighter.  Is New Era using generic red thread, or is this just a case of certain materials reflecting light more than others?

I’d hate to lose the sand, but focusing on a brighter red wouldn’t be a bad trade off. 

To my eye it looks like the same shade of red used in the [inferior] purely red and black version of the cap more commonly worn. I believe the one above was designated an alternate and might not have even survived their recent soft rebranding?

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

It enrages me that MLB seems to be stuck in the mindset from the late aughts that teal is nothing more than a 90s fad color. Sure, it was popular during that decade but I don't think teal carries nearly the same level of distaste that it did 10 years ago. Teal would be a welcomed addition to a league swimming in blue and red. It's slightly comical that the Marlins abandoned a unique and beloved color scheme to become yet another blue and red team, even if the shades slightly deviate from those worn by most other teams.

In my opinion, the marlins are a blue and black team with red accents. I don’t put it on the same level as the Indians, Red Sox, Rangers, etc etc. 

Teal and black is what they should be wearing, unlike the D-backs who look better in their current set than the 90s one (it’s very close however). 

I’d love it if the D-Backs went back to the look of their classic home uniform—pinstripes with the “A” logo on the jersey—but in black, Sedona red and turquoise.

3 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

In MLB The Show it's hard to play in the 1989 "Major League" Indians uniforms as Chief Wahoo is missing from the sleeves and caps. The cap they use for the 89 Indians is the 1979-1985 Block "C" cap with red bill.

Look, I'm all for the removal of that logo but retconning it from history is absolutely stupid.

25 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Look, I'm all for the removal of that logo but retconning it from history is absolutely stupid.

It’s not retconning it from history, mlb the show is a game, and it needs to make money. The studio figures the safe way to go is to remove the logo, which eliminates most controversy. 

Twins should fully embrace the blue home alt. Make a home white and road version. I think at the very least, the white and red jerseys should be out or tweaked.

1 hour ago, TheRoman said:

It’s not retconning it from history, mlb the show is a game, and it needs to make money. The studio figures the safe way to go is to remove the logo, which eliminates most controversy. 

If you make a simulation baseball game then you should probably get the uniform right or just not have the uniform in the game at all. Don't insult my intelligence by trying to pretend like BLOCK C was all over Major League and the 1995 Indians World Series run. What's going to happen next? Is it going to be photoshopped out of archived photos? Blurred out in archived footage? I'm not trying to raise a stink about the logo itself, I'm just saying that history is important.

16 hours ago, TheRoman said:

None of the prior year games are embroiled in controversy because the logo was in it. 

San Diego Studios didn’t have to put the late 80s unis in the game if they felt uncomfortable (edited for better word choice) about using Wahoo. But they did, so it’s awkward they went with an anachronistic approach. 

I can’t blame them for wanting to put the basic uniform in the game, while also needing to avoid promoting racist iconography.  This may be an imperfect solution, but they didn’t create the problem. 

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I can’t blame them for wanting to put the basic uniform in the game, while also needing to avoid promoting racist iconography.  This may be an imperfect solution, but they didn’t create the problem. 

It was an arbitrary decision to put it into the game. It’s not like they were good years for the team. 

No other uniforms with a version of Wahoo are in the game, so they really didn’t have to include the late 80s set. 

Perhaps they should have left it out.  That would, of course, have opened them up to the same criticism of “erasing history”. 

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Perhaps they should have left it out.  That would, of course, have opened them up to the same criticism of “erasing history”. 

Not really, since not all uniforms are in the game. Each team has 2-4 throwbacks. 

They used Wahoo with the 80s unis in MLB 18, so MLB probably requested the change for 19.