MLB Changes 2020

kimball

37 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

I’ve put off getting a new navy cap until I saw these. The hats look more balanced than the new logo IMO.

i like it.

I bought a new red home cap about a year ago (and a new navy not long before that), before I knew the new logo was coming.  I suppose I'll have to break down and buy a couple more. 😁

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Powder blue was always a mistake, for everything team who’s tried it. It looks awful, normal greys or even promote an alt navy over grey (similar to what the padres did) would be better than the powder.

Speaking in absolutes is almost never a good idea.  Plenty of people would disagree with your take for good reason.

14 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Actually Marlins wore Teal from 1993-2002 and had a dope Teal batting practice Jersey that needs to be in MLB the Show. In 1995 the Fish abandoned the Away Teal cap with the Black bill in favor of a black one and also began wearing black caps in 1995 and for most of 1996. By 1997 Teal was gone.

As for Cleveland they can also do replicas of the 1975 uniforms as their new permanent set  of course sans the logo on the sleeve.

So for Uniform Changes in 2020:

Milwaukee and San Diego

Arizona tweaks their sets

Cincinnati has a new alternate

Anyone else getting new alternates?????

I have nothing more than a gut feeling, but I feel like the Rays could be a sleeper for a uniform change.  Logos hopefully remain unchanged but a refresh of the uniforms might be due.

If they could just find a way to get rid of the Walgreens W on their Washington script and replace it on their hats with either the block W, or even better, that gorgeous DC mark from their inception, they would have some of my favorite uniforms in MLB.

That Nationals script is a beaut.  I hope we see it more often.

Two New Caps and a New Jersey for Nationals in 2020

November 15, 2019 - 20:24 PM

The World Series Champs will be taking the field in some new threads next season according to a series of new items added to the official shop of Major League Baseball. In 2020, the Washington Nationals will have two new […]

Read More...

I am mildly intrigued by the Nats using these updated versions of old Senators logos as a sort of ongoing series for alternates... but not if they're doing two different ones at the same time on top of their already messy identity just using the primary logos and scripts. I understand the era of merchandising but it's still all a little too much at once.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

That first cap is last year's ST cap. The jersey is last year's ST jersey, but what stands out here is it's labeled as an alternate.

tumblr_q10yoyvE771u7t2opo1_1280.png

Too bad it's only listed as an alternate it should be their full time home.  I'm not a Nationals fan by any stretch but I'd buy this.

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

2 hours ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The jersey would have been better if:

the word Nationals was written in red

There was a navy blue outline around it

There was white piping in-between the red letters and navy blue outline

24 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

The jersey would have been better if:

the word Nationals was written in red

There was a navy blue outline around it

There was white piping in-between the red letters and navy blue outline

That never looks better.

All a background outline does is clutter up a wordmark.   It’s much better this way, with only one outline.  Nothing else is needed. 

Yikes. More Nationals caps. Are they getting rid of the terrible stars Walgreens W caps?

The senators W had potential but they added a weird blob to the middle of the W. From a distance, it's just ugly and muddled all around. Who adds a baseball player to a baseball hat? My God. It's beyond terrible

It's fine as a logo or secondary logo. This is on some lids level of weird Cooperstown caps 

I wish they'd give the DC a reprise.

spacer.png

More ideally , this in every colorway they already use. 

spacer.png

Cardinals Update Their Classic STL Cap Logos

November 15, 2019 - 22:38 PM

We knew about it three months ago but it appears to now be officially official, the St. Louis Cardinals have changed their “STL” logo. Following a “soft launch” throughout the 2019 season, the Cardinals have tweaked the STL logo which […]

Read More...

Archived