MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

If it had an angry faced dreamer then I would have thought it was done by Brandiose

To be fair, Brandiose would have a guy in some lavender pjs and a night cap with his eyes closed, swinging a teddy bear in the shape of a bat...which might look pretty good. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

To be fair, Brandiose would have a guy in some lavender pjs and a night cap with his eyes closed, swinging a teddy bear in the shape of a bat...which might look pretty good. 

Martin Luther King swinging a bat with linework half as thick as his head

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I had to look up this teams jerseys again for the junior hockey thread, so it reminded me of the coloured pants discussion that sometimes arises.

The Swift Current 57's of the WCBL (summer collegiate wood bat league in Alberta and Saskatchewan) have orange away pants.

Margiotta_double_play.jpg

EAaoupJXkAERRHu.jpg

They have white for home, though in some pictures it looks like they do occasionally wear the orange pants at home.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I had to look up this teams jerseys again for the junior hockey thread, so it reminded me of the coloured pants discussion that sometimes arises.

The Swift Current 57's of the WCBL (summer collegiate wood bat league in Alberta and Saskatchewan) have orange away pants.

Margiotta_double_play.jpg

EAaoupJXkAERRHu.jpg

They have white for home, though in some pictures it looks like they do occasionally wear the orange pants at home.

That’s...... actually not awful. I’m not gonna be advocating for a bunch of teams to bust out full color primary road uniforms any time soon, but if one or two teams want to have a solid color alternate I might not be totally against it, if done right. 

Not that it means anything (it probably doesn’t) but Marcus Stroman and Pete Alonso seem to be advocating the return of the black Mets jerseys. At one point, Pete even suggested having them used as a Friday night gimmick. 

spacer.png

Every since Beltran came back, I’ve noticed more and more fans on Twitter wanting these to come back since that was a jersey he wore a lot during his playing tenure. Next season also happens to be the 20th anniversary of the NL Championship season. 

I doubt the Mets have anything planned but I dunno, I think it would be fun to have them bring back a fan favorite for Friday night home games. Kinda like they did a few seasons back when they wore the 86 jerseys on Sunday home game. 

XM4KeeA.png

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It took so long to purge BFBS from the Mets, who could ever dream of possibly bringing it back

People with nostalgia for the late-‘90s/early-‘00s teams and maybe 2006 might have some nostalgia for it. Before the implosions, the team going down the financial tubes, and David Wright becoming injury prone.

It should be like the Giants’ 1983-93 uniforms - forgotten despite some good times. 

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Not that it means anything (it probably doesn’t) but Marcus Stroman and Pete Alonso seem to be advocating the return of the black Mets jerseys. At one point, Pete even suggested having them used as a Friday night gimmick. 

Every since Beltran came back, I’ve noticed more and more fans on Twitter wanting these to come back since that was a jersey he wore a lot during his playing tenure. Next season also happens to be the 20th anniversary of the NL Championship season. 

I doubt the Mets have anything planned but I dunno, I think it would be fun to have them bring back a fan favorite for Friday night home games. Kinda like they did a few seasons back when they wore the 86 jerseys on Sunday home game. 

The overwhelming consensus among younger fans (on reddit in particular) is in favor of the Mets in black.  I was relieved when they got rid of it in 2012, it was a win from a from a design and tradition standpoint.  However, I have a strong nostalgic attachment to these uniforms and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an *occasional* alternate.

Archived