MLB Changes 2020

kimball

1 hour ago, kevinmets said:

The overwhelming consensus among younger fans (on reddit in particular) is in favor of the Mets in black.  I was relieved when they got rid of it in 2012, it was a win from a from a design and tradition standpoint.  However, I have a strong nostalgic attachment to these uniforms and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an *occasional* alternate.

[sigh]

The overwhelming consensus among younger fans (on reddit in particular) is unknown without an appropriately performed survey.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Twins powder blues are shown on their Twitter account with powder blue pants.  

The Twins are knee-deep into two-identity territory. Pick a wordmark. And a color scheme.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Twins Unveil Baby Blue Uniforms, 60th Season Patch

November 25, 2019 - 16:03 PM

To help celebrate their 60th season since moving up to Minnesota, the Twins are going back into their past in 2020. Introduced earlier this morning, the Minnesota Twins will have a new powder blue alternate uniform to be worn both […]

Read More...

Return of the throwbacks! Would have rather preferred the home version or the recently-ditched pinstripes, but this works. Better yet, make the Throwback Pinstripes that were ditched the home uniform with a cleaned up script, with the current road uniform, and a Navy alternate reminiscent of the old BP Jerseys.

Paging @SFGiants58 for his better script. The Twins current one is just not good.

da0Lbhs.png

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Not everything new is 🔥 or 👀. This is an example. 

But it’s not new, it’s just old.

Also, when I originally heard back in the spring that the Powder Blue uniform would coming back for the 60th, I was worried it would be a Pullover like it has been for TBTC Games in the past few years. Thank god they made it a Button-Up+Belt.

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, bowld said:

New Twins alternate for 2020-

spacer.png

• Powder blue?  No.  You have navy, red, gold, white, and cream to work with.  You went with none of those.  You suck for that.
  • The "T" is horrid.  It looks like a very badly drawn pickaxe, or a first-time-using-the-pen-tool blob. 
  • The connecting line between the "w" and the "i" is awkward.  In fact, that whole script sucks ass.  Stop that.  Throw it away.
  • The guys shaking hands rules.  The interlocking TC rules.  Use what rules.  Not what sucks.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

55 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Paging @SFGiants58 for his better script. The Twins current one is just not good.

Done and dusted!

d9X9ije.jpg MAGUEpj.png

The team has even used it in twitter graphics, because some intern thought it looked better than the janky mess that they call their "original script."

SroJg0v.jpg

Still, I'd say that navy/red/powder should be the color scheme for the Twins. I like it more than the wheat/gold they insist on using. 

I’m happy to see the Twins return to powder blue, they’re one of the teams that I think can really pull it off. It’ll be nice to see paired with the navy cap. At this point, having an extra Twins uniform option that looks good is about as much as I could ask for.

It’s curious that the mothership’s article mentions that this won’t be the last team to try to revive powder blue in MLB, that there will at least be a couple more. I wonder who those teams will be.

45 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I’m happy to see the Twins return to powder blue, they’re one of the teams that I think can really pull it off. It’ll be nice to see paired with the navy cap. At this point, having an extra Twins uniform option that looks good is about as much as I could ask for.

It’s curious that the mothership’s article mentions that this won’t be the last team to try to revive powder blue in MLB, that there will at least be a couple more. I wonder who those teams will be.

Hopefully the Brewers.  This latest rebrand has me thinking they could pull off the Blue Moon colors.

spacer.png

Finally.  As a big Twins fan, this has always been my favorite combo.  Baby/Navy/Red SHOULD be our color scheme.  Its a great, underused combo. (St. Louis also looks great for the same reasons.)  This is probably the 2nd most popular jersey at most games I go to, and will be an absolute boon to Merch sales.  

I'd expect Nike (who has always made a lot of baby blue gear for the Twins) to push them to add it permanently.  That would be a lot with Kasota Gold, but money talks.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Hopefully the Brewers.  This latest rebrand has me thinking they could pull off the Blue Moon colors.

The only reason I don’t think it will be them is, if it was, I would’ve imagined they’d unveil it along with the rest of their uniforms. I’ve never heard of a team having two different uniform unveilings in the same year, other than the Padres wanting to reserve the camo to keep the spotlight on the brown & yellow.

My ideal vote would be for the Rays to drop their gray jersey entirely and go powder/columbia full-time on the road. And then, after that, the only other teams I can really think of bringing powder blue back would be the Blue Jays, Phillies, Dodgers, or Cubs.

Archived