MLB Changes 2020

kimball

1 hour ago, smarisca03 said:

I can't be the only Yankee fan that wants a navy alternate.  The gray jersey is so boring.  Like the Twins they should have a navy city name jersey

I kind of wish the Yankees would make this a full time road alt/throwback.

mlb_throwback_30.jpg

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I guess I'm looking for more than "I talked to some guys, and some guys don't like buttons" 🤷‍♂️ I don't mean to come off a dick it's just that...this seems to be a case of manufacturing a problem no one was previously concerned about.

This.

100% this.

10 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I kind of wish the Yankees would make this a full time road alt/throwback.

mlb_throwback_30.jpg

I kind of wish the Yankees would just use that version of the interlocking NY logo on their caps and home pinstriped uniforms. 

The Yanks don't need to have two different versions of their logo.  They just need one better logo, and that one qualifies.

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I kind of wish the Yankees would just use that version of the interlocking NY logo on their caps and home pinstriped uniforms. 

The Yanks don't need to have two different versions of their logo.  They just need one better logo, and that one qualifies.

I've made one that I think qualifies.

y41VIS7.png

My thought process behind it was to combine the cleanliness of the cap logo with the thickness of the chest logo and the "flares" of the print/batting helmet designs.

zhwp2mw.png

@mcrosby also produced one, but I'm not as keen on how he handled the cross-stroke of the "N" part or its narrowness.

o53lgE8.gif

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nah. An alternate would mean they'd wear it at home. And the Yankees should never wear anything but the pinstripes at home. 

Why? Is that an actual rule? I could see the Yanks having a nice navy alternate that they wear only on the road. (I agree with the last part of your post)

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

It honestly doesn’t bother me that much. They’re better off the way they are. The Tigers unified their cap and jersey logo and IMO, it became a downgrade. 

XM4KeeA.png

13 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Why? Is that an actual rule? I could see the Yanks having a nice navy alternate that they wear only on the road. (I agree with the last part of your post)

Eventually someone will go "why aren't we advertising our alternate to our home fans?" and they'll trot them out at home.

16 minutes ago, insert name said:

It honestly doesn’t bother me that much. They’re better off the way they are. The Tigers unified their cap and jersey logo and IMO, it became a downgrade. 

The Tigers picked the wrong one, though.  If they had to drop one, the old jersey logo was better.

20 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Literally one MLB team wore henley-style uniforms:

torre-mets-477x400.png

Texas wore it, too.

Image result for 1982 texas rangers

Anyway, baseball jersey have buttons.  There have been exactly two cases of teams wearing pullovers that weren't embarassing.

Image result for 1974 a's reggie       Image result for pirates stargell 1975

Every other team's pullovers (and also the pullovers from subsequent sets from both of these teams) were awful.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I'd have unified around the jersey "D" as well, but my preference is for a merger of the two designs.

N3s6shq.png

That way, you get a look that represents the best of both designs and means you can sell more merch!

39 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Texas wore it, too.

Image result for 1982 texas rangers

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! This is what happens when you haven't read the Rangers chapter from Bill Henderson's book lately.

Speaking of the Rangers, I do wonder if they'll have a redesign/tweak for next year, seeing as how they're moving into a new stadium (because they couldn't wait long enough to build one with a retractable roof like the Astros).

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There have been exactly two cases of teams wearing pullovers that weren't embarassing.

Every other team's pullovers (and also the pullovers from subsequent sets from both of these teams) were awful.

big-red-machine-photo-original*750xx1024

10 minutes ago, Ark said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There have been exactly two cases of teams wearing pullovers that weren't embarassing.

big-red-machine-photo-original*750xx1024

Nope.  For pullovers to be used by the Reds, Red Sox, and Cardinals was just as bad as pullovers on the Yankees would be. Which is to say: very bad.

There was nothing wrong with the normal button-down version of this uniform.

Related image  Related image

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Marlins will be doing a Throwback Weekend in 2020 and they have put up a poll asking what jersey it should be.

The choices are solid teal (which was actually a batting practice jersey and never saw an actual regular season game)... solid black (best remembered as the jersey most worn when they won the 2003 World Series)... pinstripe vest with teal undershirts (1993-95 Sunday home alternates)... teal pinstripes (the same jersey worn for last year's throwback games)

I'd imagine doing this three years in a row means it'll become an annual thing. 

8 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The regular home whites and even the red alts aren’t bad, but the added gold is AWFUL. And it especially shows on the navy alt. The gold looks more like mustard, rather than the cream color of Target Field. The road greys and even the road navy alt look much better, and fit the branding of the Twins for all of their history. The Pinstripes should have never left. There was no need to change or to add a color that matched the stadium trim... I’m a huge Twins fan too, and their look is terrible

I would have accepted inverting the navy and red on the Twins script, but that was all that needed to be done. Ditching the pinstripe and adding gold was terrible.

They also need to bring back the m cap for the road, or at worst as an alternate.

22 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Im confused by this game used 1996 #42 Yankees batting helmet.  Was there another 42 on the Yankees that year?  One that needed a batting helmet?

BBRef shows he had an AB in the WS that year. So I guess this was that helmet. 

9 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The regular home whites and even the red alts aren’t bad, but the added gold is AWFUL. And it especially shows on the navy alt. The gold looks more like mustard, rather than the cream color of Target Field. The road greys and even the road navy alt look much better, and fit the branding of the Twins for all of their history. The Pinstripes should have never left. There was no need to change or to add a color that matched the stadium trim... I’m a huge Twins fan too, and their look is terrible

For a while, I shared that sentiment. But the gold has really grown on me, and sets them apart in a league awash in red-and-blue color schemes. I don’t mind that they only use it at home. I think it’s fair play to consider the Kasota gold part of their home color scheme. 

Archived