MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

If there's one team that would look great with powder blue incorporated that never wore it, it would be the Rockies. Would look great with their purple and black. 

Totally off topic, but my dream scenario is for the Rockies to add a lilac colored road jersey. It would be very similar to the way powder blue was originally implemented by teams. Basically just a purple tinted grey.

It will NEVER happen though... 

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

what?  

It looks like a fake jersey that someone without the correct licensing put together to use as a free giveaway or like you find in the clearance section of your local department store. It doesn't look authentic. 

I have a jersey like this because my bank gave it away as a reward like ten years ago. They told me I could get a Marlins jersey as a reward when I signed up for a new credit card, when the jersey arrived it was a knock off style with a design that the team had never worn, not even close actually. 

Edit: jp beat me to it with the pics above. Like that.

3 hours ago, skip88 said:

$334.99 for that white Rangers jersey.

$454 if you want a name and number on it. Have you completely lost your mind mlb and nike.

334 is more than enough,  then add 120 , GTFO, they have to fix that, even a jersey nut job like me is not paying that, Texas jerseys were already among the most expensive ones, adding $100+ on top of that is nonsense 

How much to have it burned immediately for looking like crap?

This set is all over the place

2 hours ago, McCall said:

This. This photo right here shows just how bad this is. Nothing looks good together at all. And this is just the home uniform. The script is just terrible with the double outline which over exaggerates the points on the red outline and seriously looked like someone typed out "Rangers" in a free script font, added a half-assed tail and outlined it twice. And the red hat with the mostly blue jersey... 

AND NO FRONT NUMBER!!!!

rangers-new-home-uniform-2020-590x435.jpg

This does not look like the home uniform of a Major League Baseball team.

You know the uniform is bad when the chest swoosh is the least-bad thing about it. 

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

a5b22b8c3d63512c859d0cf332ebd061.jpg

6000199049079.jpg

1. People subscribe to newspapers?

2. They give away Walmart-quality  (but still licensed) jerseys?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After a lot of thought, I downgrade my original opinion to “dumpster fire”. The set is really that bad. How the hell grown-ass men or women can green light this crap is beyond me. I’d love to talk on the phone for 10 mins with anyone in a decision-making capacity just to understand what the hell they were thinking 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love it. Fresh and daring Rangers script. It's a departure, but has a subtle nod to the past. Love the cuffs!  And yes gentlemen, I like this Powder Blue too. It's a part of baseball history, and was just wrapping up in the 80s when I fell in love with the game.  

The way I'm seeing people react to these uniforms, you'd think it's the worst thing in history. It just looks like a standard lame baseball uniform. No offense to anybody but it seems like the standard for baseball uniforms on this forum have become astronomically high and any team is unable to please at this point.

bSLCtu2.png

I actually like the switch to outline+dropshadow for the NOB and number to match the logo. Now, why they kept the front script double outlined and introduced a new script that is outlined+dropshadowed on one jersey and double outlined on another, I have no idea. The new Rangers script looks cartoony, I’m not a fan of the 80’s Rangers look but the 80’s script is so much more elegant. That script looks much better with the dropshadow than with the double outline, so if they wanted to introduce that they should have applied it with the dropshadow throughout. The light blue is a mistake. The light blue cap is especially bad. 

Personally, I like the spikey font more than the script for the Rangers. They should have just put Rangers on the home uniform and stopped wearing the red cap at home. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The way I'm seeing people react to these uniforms, you'd think it's the worst thing in history. It just looks like a standard lame baseball uniform. No offense to anybody but it seems like the standard for baseball uniforms on this forum have become astronomically high and any team is unable to please at this point.

people have provided objective evidence of how it falls short in almost every way. Dismissing it as ‘mob mentality’ is a Lazy generalization. 

honestly, every time lore is pointed out (for example, how the same script is double outlined on one jersey but drop shadowed on another) it becomes more and more of a train wreck to me. 

Grading the offseason changes -

Milwaukee - A- : I would have gone with royal blue, but their color choices are fine, it's the change to the BiG logo that keep it from being an A+.  I especially like the not to the 1970's and 1980's home uniforms.

San Diego - B+: Mainly because of the long-overdue color change. I like the general look of the new uniforms, although the design is a bit bland.  I do like the used of sand for the road versions.
Minnesota - B- : Love the addition of the powder blue uniform, but they need to jettison the gold accents on their other sets.  Why they don't just go with an update of their 1960's uniforms, I don't know.

St. Louis - B- : The cap logo changes were minimal, but still a step in the right direction.  After as lifetime of seeing the birds on the bat the "St. Louis" uniforms just seem a bit off to me
Arizona - C+ : The second year in a row of tweaking them gets them to where they're acceptable, but purple, black & turquoise is still my preferred color scheme, preferably with pinstripes.

Cincinnati - C : Like the spring training jersey with Mr. Red, they should have removed the black from their color scheme on the regular season uniforms.  Just go back to the 1969 uniforms and call it a day.

Washington - C- : The caps would probably be better without the white panel (leave those to Toronto or Baltimore), and the new jerseys is just too generic.

Texas - D : Just not very cohesive, and the lack of a number on the front makes them look unfinished to me.  And a "Texas" team just calls out for a western font IMO.

Teams still in need of changes - Cincinnati (remove the black), Cleveland (something less generic), L.A. Angels.

Overall, I wish teams would wear their alternatives less frequently and still with their traditional uniforms 90% of the time.  The league-wide special uniforms need to be given the heave-ho.

59 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

people have provided objective evidence of how it falls short in almost every way. Dismissing it as ‘mob mentality’ is a Lazy generalization. 

honestly, every time lore is pointed out (for example, how the same script is double outlined on one jersey but drop shadowed on another) it becomes more and more of a train wreck to me. 

Oh no, believe me, I understand some of the criticisms, I just felt like the way it has been described has been a bit much.

Double outlining the wordmark and not having it match the name and number is not good at all. Also, I really want to point out that the powder blue hat is really unnecessary.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived