MLB Changes 2020

kimball

9 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I don't like powder blues at all. I consider them to be 70s relics that shouldn't be revived. But the new Rangers set is easily the worst because they are slapping a modern wordmark on a vintage template. It would have worked much better if they retained the period wordmark. Of course it looks very dated, but that's true for powder blues in general.

It does make me wonder if pants colors outside of the traditional grey and white will be much more commonplace around the league now, especially with Nike taking over.

I agree with everything you said. I do see more colored pants coming because trends are cyclical (70s pirates, etc) and it’s pretty common in college and high school (the team I coach wore black pants for every game and we left our gray ones in the closet). Heck, I wanna say the Fresno grizzlies wore red pants at home all year last year with their rebrand. I’m all for alts or throwbacks, especially in baseball with the amount of games, but no regular rotation of powder blue and definitely not the sand 2.0 in SD. The thing with the rangers, cards, and royals is powder blue was taking the place of gray. It wasn’t really a team color and that bugs the heck out of me.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I don't like powder blues at all. I consider them to be 70s relics that shouldn't be revived. But the new Rangers set is easily the worst because they are slapping a modern wordmark on a vintage template. It would have worked much better if they retained the period wordmark. Of course it looks very dated, but that's true for powder blues in general.

It does make me wonder if pants colors outside of the traditional grey and white will be much more commonplace around the league now, especially with Nike taking over.

Wearing  the blue jerseys with gray pants would improve the look.

Then of course it would not be true retro, but then again, that is not the case in Texas' case from the start.

So they could wear the jersey with white home or gray away pants, without stepping on retro toes.

21 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Off topic but why do the Reds always do their FanFest in December? I've always figured Fan fest is a way to hype up a new season and show off new acquisitions. Seems like doing it that early defeats that purpose as it's two months before spring training and much of the 2020 team isn't exactly formed at this point. 

Just an observation as this is the only team I see doing this. 

it is always December.  They do a Reds Caravan in January where they travel around to different places in Reds Country (KY, IN, WV, TN). It’s a way to be present in places where fans are that aren’t in Cincinnati. That’s closer to spring training and then of course pitchers and catchers report in February.  

4 hours ago, skip88 said:

Wearing  the blue jerseys with gray pants would improve the look.

Then of course it would not be true retro, but then again, that is not the case in Texas' case from the start.

So they could wear the jersey with white home or gray away pants, without stepping on retro toes.

That powder blue jersey with gray pants would look even more terrible than blue on blue. The colors are too close, yet different enough where they would cause a horrible clash. Either white pants only or white and powedered blue pants. That's it. Those are the only options. Other than burning them in a damn dumpster fire. But only if the damn dumpster fire has a front number.

MLB 2020 Nike Baseball Jerseys Released

December 9, 2019 - 16:06 PM

It’s Nike’s world and we’re all just living in it. Starting with the upcoming 2020 season, all Major League Baseball teams will be outfitted on-field in Nike jerseys and pants, replacing the deal the league had with Majestic Athletic for […]

Read More...

Blech.  The attached shows the home primaries.  And it obviously never looks good.  I think it looks worst on the Tigers.  It's the only one with nothing (wordmark, number, pinstripes) on the right side.  The pinstripes kinda muddy the swoosh a bit and wordmarks at least keep the swoosh from being all alone over there. Second worst is the Nationals because of how  low the number is.  

But it all stinks.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Some of the classic uniforms (i.e. the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers) are somewhat ruined by the swoosh on the chest.

That being said, I wonder if today's release means that a lot more new merchandise will be available online?

57 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Marlins jersey has an orange backdrop? Should be blue or black.

IMO the swoosh looks worst on the Yankees, Tigers and Cubs because there is nothing else on that side of the uniform. It is in no man’s land. 

9 minutes ago, Ark said:

The best of these are at most "not that bad", which is not a good sign. The worst ones are teams like the Mets and Phillies where the swoosh is right above a letter.  

I am really glad I just got a Phillies gray harper replica jersey for $60 this past black friday of he outgoing majestic stock.

Not enough can be said about how dumb those stupid swooshes look. I thought they looked bad at every reveal, but now seeing them tarnish my beloved Red Sox home whites is just... depressing.

I think the Phillies and Royals ones might be the worst. It looks like the "P" and "R" have an accent mark.

Totally nitpicking about something bad to begin with but I would have definitely chosen different colors for many of those swooshes.

And oddly I think some of the more classic looks like the Yankees Red Sox and Tigers the swoosh looks "better" on those than others because they don't intrude on the rest of the uniform elements as much. For example, the Royals look like the R has a Spanish accent on it. And the Reds numbers being so high clashes with the swoosh really badly. I almost wish Nike would have allowed the swoosh to be moved for some teams based on how the jersey is designed.

But again, all of this is kind weird to be discussing. It's like having to decide which tooth is the best to perform a root canal on.

Archived