MLB Changes 2020

kimball

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Say what you want about the NFL, but at least they haven’t sold that space.

Yet.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed.  

Manufacturers have been coveting these spaces on MLB uniforms for a long time.  New Era wanted the side of caps for years, while Majestic wanted the front. Selig refused to sell both of those, but our new Commissioner is more interested in the money.

6 hours ago, larrypep said:

Who are the teams? 

For the road uni...the only ones that seem to make sense to me are the Blue Jays (are they the other powder blue pending?), Royals (same?), Mariners (same?), Marlins (I dunno, perhaps a change in the script color?), Cubs (they do have a history of tinkering with their roads), or maybe the Pirates (just 'cause, I guess).

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Marlins getting a blue jersey with script has to be an option, right?

Highly doubt that since the light blue they currently have never saw the field except for Spring Training, which is a waste.  I will never understand the Marlins love for the black jerseys all the time.  I'd take the blue alternate nine times out of ten over the black jerseys.  Hell, I'd even be fine if that reddish-orange colour was on an alternate jersey or as a ST jersey

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Judging by the graphic below, the Braves navy blue is as close to black as navy can get. The Mariners and Yankees have clear hues of blue, but the Braves piping and wordmark is almost identical in color to the Dbacks. utjl99jok5wbx2xanktz.jpg

The navy on the Yankees uniforms and Braves uniforms is exactly the same.

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Judging by the graphic below, the Braves navy blue is as close to black as navy can get. The Mariners and Yankees have clear hues of blue, but the Braves piping and wordmark is almost identical in color to the Dbacks. utjl99jok5wbx2xanktz.jpg

The Yankees and Braves use midnight navy. Just the yankee logo looks slightly brighter because there is a sheen on it, the piping is made of a different material that doesn’t have a sheen, and the outline is so much thinner than the Yankees logo you don’t see the sheen as much. 

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Used to be? They still are one of em.

Not once they adopted that Yankee-ripoff road cap. Not once they threw alternate after alternate on top of their set.

Now, taken overall, they’re middle of the pack at best.  A true case of subtraction by addition. 

Just now, Gothamite said:

Not once they adopted that Yankee-ripoff road cap. Not once they threw alternate after alternate on top of their set.

Now, taken overall, they’re middle of the pack at best.  A true case of subtraction by addition. 

Adding mid tier alternates shouldn’t take away from the beauty of their home and aways. The red alt is good, the blue alt could be better but it’s not bad. It’s still a top tier set

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

You can’t judge anything about colors from a graphic. Anything. 

Heck, look at the Yankees and Dodgers whites. The Yanks’ background looks much more blue, but we know the two are actually the exact same shade of white. 

3 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Adding mid tier alternates shouldn’t take away from the beauty of their home and aways. The red alt is good, the blue alt could be better but it’s not bad. It’s still a top tier set

The home uniform is top-tier.  The road would be, if they didn’t insist on wearing that Yankees’ cap. 

The set, though?  You have to consider everything in its totality. You can’t separate the alternates from the set.  And the Braves’ set suffers from theirs. 

Archived