kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Just now, Gothamite said:

The home uniform is top-tier.  The road would be, if they didn’t insist on wearing that Yankees’ cap. 

The set, though?  You have to consider everything in its totality. You can’t separate the alternates from the set.  And the Braves’ set suffers from theirs. 

Agree to disagree then, the “Yankees style road cap” looks fine, and the alts are good. The throwback is nice. It’s a really good set, in a pretty good looking league. 

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You can’t judge anything about colors from a graphic. Anything. 

Heck, look at the Yankees and Dodgers whites. The Yanks’ background looks much more blue, but we know the two are actually the exact same shade of white. 

Well it also helps to be a Braves fan, and own a plethora of merchandise. My shoes that have navy, aren't as dark as my Braves hats.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

The Yankees and Braves use midnight navy. Just the yankee logo looks slightly brighter because there is a sheen on it, the piping is made of a different material that doesn’t have a sheen, and the outline is so much thinner than the Yankees logo you don’t see the sheen as much. 

True...but I'm really going off the actual jersey and hats that I own. They're much darker than anything else I have with navy. Not saying they're the same as black, just very close.

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Adding mid tier alternates shouldn’t take away from the beauty of their home and aways. The red alt is good, the blue alt could be better but it’s not bad. It’s still a top tier set

Pictures don't do the alternates justice. They're really vibrant and beautiful in person.

39 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Well it also helps to be a Braves fan, and own a plethora of merchandise. My shoes that have navy, aren't as dark as my Braves hats.

If you had any Yankees caps, you'd know that they are the exact same shade of navy as your Braves caps.

New Era offers clubs two shades of navy from which to choose.  The Yanks, Braves, Red Sox, Astros, Tigers, Cardinals, and Nationals (and others) all wear the exact same midnight navy, while the Brewers and Rays wear the lighter navy. 

47 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

True...but I'm really going off the actual jersey and hats that I own. They're much darker than anything else I have with navy. Not saying they're the same as black, just very close.

That’s because they use midnight navy, the same color is used by the Yankees, and the Red Sox for their hats. It’s a darker almost black shade of navy than the one used by most other teams, but still a standard color and not specific for the Braves.

A Closer Look at the New Nike MLB Jersey

December 12, 2019 - 21:59 PM

As anyone who frequents this site already knows, Nike is taking over the on-field Major League Baseball uniform contract from Majestic Athletic beginning with the 2020 season. While we’ve seen general photos of every team’s Nike home jersey for 2020 […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, you can really see the difference in this photo, from back when the Indians used both versions; midnight navy for their "C" caps and light navy for their Little Red Sambo caps.

indians-uniforms-2011jpg-43fb74b7e557126

(They standardized to the darker shade in 2015.)

I’m a sucker for plain baseball jerseys and I LOVE those two in the middle (cream and all). Pair that cream jersey with that road jersey cap, have only a number on the back that matches that Indians graphic and I’d be pleased. Too bad...

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

If you had any Yankees caps, you'd know that they are the exact same shade of navy as your Braves caps.

New Era offers clubs two shades of navy from which to choose.  The Yanks, Braves, Red Sox, Astros, Tigers, Cardinals, and Nationals (and others) all wear the exact same midnight navy, while the Brewers and Rays wear the lighter navy. 

That wasn't the point of the picture. I was stating how the previous conversation we had about the how Braves switching to black is acceptable, but not needed because their shade of blue is as close to black as it can be. Yes, the Yankees and Red Sox have the same color, but white accentuates the Yankees color, but the vibrant red makes it look darker on the Braves. Just an optical observation.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, tp49 said:

The inevitable price hike and the swoosh on the front is why I scoured places to find the MLB jerseys I wanted be it eBay or other sources.  Most I paid for a jersey was $150.  I'll never pay $400+ for a baseball jersey.  Never.

Me neither!  Also it appears they are calling this jerseys "authentic" which leads me to believe that as spring training approaches maybe they will release "replicas" "limited jerseys" in cheaper categories like they do with NFL and NBA jerseys.  If they only insist on the $400 dollar jersey then I will just stick to my Mitchell & Ness sand knit pullover batting practice jerseys that cost a lot less and look better. 

Oh, I’ve no doubt that they’ll start selling at least one level of replica.  Just as I’m sure that those replicas will themselves be more expensive than the Majestic-branded ones. 

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, I’ve no doubt that they’ll start selling at least one level of replica.  Just as I’m sure that those replicas will themselves be more expensive than the Majestic-branded ones. 

I wouldnt mind a price point like the NFL. Replica, middle of the line, and authentic.

Give me a replica type jersey with all patches and I'll happily buy it. Even if the price is higher than majestic replicas

1 hour ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Me neither!  Also it appears they are calling this jerseys "authentic" which leads me to believe that as spring training approaches maybe they will release "replicas" "limited jerseys" in cheaper categories like they do with NFL and NBA jerseys.  If they only insist on the $400 dollar jersey then I will just stick to my Mitchell & Ness sand knit pullover batting practice jerseys that cost a lot less and look better. 

You really think Nike (which has Limited/Game/Legend jerseys in the NFL, and Swingman jerseys in the NBA) will only stick with $400 authentic jerseys for baseball?

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

That wasn't the point of the picture. I was stating how the previous conversation we had about the how Braves switching to black is acceptable, but not needed because their shade of blue is as close to black as it can be. 

Nothing indicated that was the point of you posting the picture.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Nothing indicated that was the point of you posting the picture.

I guess, but I assumed some people would know what I was getting at since the conversation took place a few pages ago. The topic was still kind of relevant. Oh well. Point being, if you switch black with the Astros,Red Sox, Yankees, Indians, Mariners, and Nationals, you get a completely different looking uniform. With the Braves, it wouldn't change the look or appeal of their uniforms. Common folk would hardly notice.

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, you can really see the difference in this photo, from back when the Indians used both versions; midnight navy for their "C" caps and light navy for their Little Red Sambo caps.

indians-uniforms-2011jpg-43fb74b7e557126

(They standardized to the darker shade in 2015.)

Wow. That’s rough. Somehow I never noticed Cleveland using two different shades of navy. You could honestly argue if any team should switch to a more purple-ish navy, it’s them because of this.

3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Wow. That’s rough. Somehow I never noticed Cleveland using two different shades of navy. You could honestly argue if any team should switch to a more purple-ish navy, it’s them because of this.

Sure, because they weren't on the field at the same time, so it wasn't noticeable beyond us here 😁

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

You really think Nike (which has Limited/Game/Legend jerseys in the NFL, and Swingman jerseys in the NBA) will only stick with $400 authentic jerseys for baseball?

I think that pricing has in large part to do with them being made in the US. They cost Nike more to make relatively speaking and they want keep their margins sky high so they pass on the cost to the consumer. Which is terrible for us because the same exact product as last season, which was already pricey mind you, is now even more expensive. 

As far as the replicas go I believe Fanatics is making them not Nike. It's still to be determined but I don't think Nike will have a replica tier at all at least there haven't been any leaks or rumors saying that. So there is either $400 authentic or ~$100 Fanatics replica garbage. Baseball merchandise is going to hell rather quickly and all this goes back to Fanatics taking over in 2015.