MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I'm not sure I can reconcile these two statements:

What I meant is, it only takes away from the jersey if you really focus on it, which when looking at the jersey as a whole, you’re not focusing on it therefore it doesn’t really take away from the jersey.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

32 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Yup, sorry. Bad lighting. The trim was fine during the press conference.

EL66UokX0AA0xU0?format=jpg&name=small

Also note that all the Nike home jerseys were already shown at once (and only a small number of alternates have yet to be unveiled), so if the Phillies had gone with silver outline it would have been really weird. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:58 AM, Jungle Jim said:

They've been referring to retail jerseys as "authentic" for years now, so I'm not sure what else to say.  If nothing else, they're purported to be an accurate representation of what the players wear on the field.  I would assume that part of the motivation for spending $350 on a jersey would be because it's like what the players wear, in every detail, but maybe that's just me. 

Again, I'm certainly not here to defend Nike, their logo, or their role in the production of the jerseys, but if the owner wants it to maintain its "authenticity", the logo should stay on there.  If pure aesthetics are the priority and accuracy be damned, then get rippin', because yes, it does look better without it.

I mean I think most people buy these things to support their team, not support the advertiser, nor to run a museum.

I'd suggest just getting old pre-swooshed ones on eBay for way cheaper, personally.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

38 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Is this real? Popped up on a random eBay search 

Mens-Nike-MLB-Seattle-Mariners-Replica-G

Certainly looks like a legit replica jersey. Keep in mind the M's had the powder blue jersey in 2019...so it's not a new jersey...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The swoosh looks especially bad on Phillies jerseys, where it’s right over the P which is already higher than all the other letters, so it is visually a part of the wordmark. 

how can anyone that claims to care about aesthetics not be upset about this? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

God, it looks worse on Washington. Not only are the crest and the numbers not on the same level, they add the swoosh in there which is higher than the crest. It makes the entire front of the jersey unbalanced. It's a total mess.

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

how can anyone that claims to care about aesthetics not be upset about this? 

Because it's a manufacturer's mark and it's a fact of life. It's not the end of the world.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Because it's a manufacturer's mark and it's a fact of life. It's not the end of the world.

1) it’s an ad, not a manufacturers mark. They don’t manufacture, and even if they did, they bought the space. My dress shirt doesn’t have a “mark” on it. 

2) Look up the definition of fact. 

3) submitting and acceptance isn’t the same as looking at it from a design perspective, which is kind of the whole point of this board. Perhaps this site isn’t the best place for you. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1) it’s an ad, not a manufacturers mark. They don’t manufacture, and even if they did, they bought the space. My dress shirt doesn’t have a “mark” on it. 

Not wearing a Polo or an Izod?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived