kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Recommended Posts

I always wondered whether Rotunda had to wrestle in actual slacks or if he had some sort of special performance slacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I always wondered whether Rotunda had to wrestle in actual slacks or if he had some sort of special performance slacks.

 

A quick search for IRS ring-worn pants came up empty - however for only $275 you can sniff the crotch of "Outlaw" Ron Bass' ring-worn trunks:

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWF-Ron-Bass-Ring-Worn-Wrestling-Used-Trunks-Signed-WWE/193000422705?hash=item2cefb8bd31:g:BPoAAOSwN9NdMM0O

 

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I always wondered whether Rotunda had to wrestle in actual slacks or if he had some sort of special performance slacks.

 

I'm sure he wore actual dress pants. Kayfabe was serious business back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I always wondered whether Rotunda had to wrestle in actual slacks or if he had some sort of special performance slacks.

 

Next you'll tell me the William Regal had a specially-made hard hat for "Real Man's Man." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SF Giants Wearing “20 At 24” Uniform Patch in 2020

January 2, 2020 - 16:31 PM

The San Francisco Giants have added a commemorative patch to the sleeve of their jerseys for the upcoming 2020 season. In recognition of the 20th anniversary of the opening of their current home stadium Pac Bell Park AT&T Park Oracle […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty clever way of avoiding having to use the stadium's name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are these brand new ballparks turning twenty years old?  Heck, the new one in Arlington has already been replaced.  I say this in jest, of course, but the building boom of stadiums seems like yesterday, and now these facilities are a generation old.  Time gets away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it’s black armbands again for the Yanks in 2020.
 

Rest In Peace, Don Larsen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article missed the 2 years of SBC park. If you're gonna do the whole crossout the previous name thing, should get it right.

 

Also I know someone who works for majestic, err the factory that makes the unis. I'll see if they can shed light on whether or not that's a graphic issue in regards to name on back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So heres some insider info from a source of mine. 

 

Regarding replicas apparently nike changed the twill used to a cheaper :censored:tier twill for replicas. My source thinks it's so they get returned and nike can move production of those overseas. 

 

However with authentics players union contract states all authentics and game worn gear must be made in US by a union shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's a pretty clever way of avoiding having to use the stadium's name.

Unless I am mistaken, Major League Baseball forbids the use of sponsored names of ballparks on apparel worn by players and coaches during games.  However, the prohibition does not apply to apparel and other gear that is intended for distribution to the general public.  Thus, a replica jersey or replica cap might include a sponsored name of a ballpark while an "authentic" version of that same article of clothing would exclude the sponsored name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walk-Off said:

Unless I am mistaken, Major League Baseball forbids the use of sponsored names of ballparks on apparel worn by players and coaches during games.  However, the prohibition does not apply to apparel and other gear that is intended for distribution to the general public.  Thus, a replica jersey or replica cap might include a sponsored name of a ballpark while an "authentic" version of that same article of clothing would exclude the sponsored name.


Would also explain why the Cardinals had Busch Stadium on their 2005 patch for the last season at Busch II, but Inaugural Season on the patch for Busch III in 2006. The new stadium came with a sponsorship deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Looks like it’s black armbands again for the Yanks in 2020.


That’s not a given.  Although he has one of the most famous victories in Yankees history, he only was on the Yankees for 5 years during his 15 career, and was never an all-star.  In contrast, Mel Stottlemyre, who received the honor last season, played his whole career with the Yankees, was an all-star 5 times, and was their best pitcher during a dark period for the Yankees. He is also responsible for being the pitching coach during the last great Yankee dynasty and has a plaque in Monument Park. 
 

There are a lot of people who were very good players on Yankee teams in the 1950s who did not receive armband recognition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fufkin said:

That’s not a given.  Although he has one of the most famous victories in Yankees history, he only was on the Yankees for 5 years during his 15 career, and was never an all-star.  

I’ll take pitching a perfect game in the World Series ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over being an all-star.

 

Yankees, he was a soldier of the Bronx.  Honor him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

I’ll take pitching a perfect game in the World Series ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over being an all-star.

 

Yankees, he was a soldier of the Bronx.  Honor him.

He’ll get a moment of silence at the first home game. I’m not certain, but a Yankee gets the the armband treatment only if their number is retired or if they have a plaque in Monument Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Walk-Off said:

Unless I am mistaken, Major League Baseball forbids the use of sponsored names of ballparks on apparel worn by players and coaches during games.  However, the prohibition does not apply to apparel and other gear that is intended for distribution to the general public.  Thus, a replica jersey or replica cap might include a sponsored name of a ballpark while an "authentic" version of that same article of clothing would exclude the sponsored name.

Sounds about right... The Mets got in trouble because the original Citi Field inaugural season patch looked too much like the Citi logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fufkin said:

He’ll get a moment of silence at the first home game. I’m not certain, but a Yankee gets the the armband treatment only if their number is retired or if they have a plaque in Monument Park. 

Corey Lidle got the armband treatment.  He most assuredly does not have either a plaque in Monument Park nor his number retired. 

 

Don Larsen is the only person to pitch a perfect game in the World Series.  I'd put money on him getting an armband.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Sounds about right... The Mets got in trouble because the original Citi Field inaugural season patch looked too much like the Citi logo


Not with baseball, they didn’t. Only with fans, who found the design boring and pointless.  But MLB didn’t have any issue it, and the Mets were allowed to wear that patch all season. 
 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:


Not with baseball, they didn’t. Only with fans, who found the design boring and pointless.  But MLB didn’t have any issue it, and the Mets were allowed to wear that patch all season. 
 

spacer.png

It’s been 11 years and I’ll never understand why they went with the Dominos logo over the more superior patch that was only used for the hat.

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.