MLB Changes 2020

kimball

19 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

So heres some insider info from a source of mine. 

Regarding replicas apparently nike changed the twill used to a cheaper :censored:tier twill for replicas. My source thinks it's so they get returned and nike can move production of those overseas. 

However with authentics players union contract states all authentics and game worn gear must be made in US by a union shop.

Majestic's replica jerseys were imported, per the MLB Shop. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, Around the Horn said:

Sounds about right... The Mets got in trouble because the original Citi Field inaugural season patch looked too much like the Citi logo

I also find this hard to believe since the Cardinals just swapped out Busch Stadium with Inaugural Season and St. Louis with 2006.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Regarding replicas apparently nike changed the twill used to a cheaper :censored:tier twill for replicas. My source thinks it's so they get returned and nike can move production of those overseas. 

However with authentics players union contract states all authentics and game worn gear must be made in US by a union shop.

Any indication as to when Nike/the teams will start selling replicas instead of exclusively authentics?

On 1/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

So cheaper material and probably a higher price tag?  That figures.  It's a shame because outside of not having the patches on the sleeves I thought the blank majestic replicas from the last couple of years have been pretty good for the price.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:15 AM, insert name said:

It’s been 11 years and I’ll never understand why they went with the Dominos logo over the more superior patch that was only used for the hat.

spacer.png

they also used  this for in-house (meaning sold in citi field) merch. i had a black replica daniel murphy jersey with this patch on it. it was FAR superior to the dominos pizza-style patch they used.

sig2024.png

On 12/4/2019 at 2:46 PM, jp1409 said:

These are bad, incredibly bad...

ff_3757331-7b70749eb1e2920d4973alt1_fullff_3757330-7b02ded99cbedd2173f6alt1_full

I love these. I need to get me one of each this year, hopefully I'll make it out to the new ballpark. I've been wanting to get a red rangers hat to go with my blue and I love powder blue as well.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

The powder cap already feels like something that will be worn a handful of times and then mysteriously vanish and the team will act like it never existed... like the Marlins orange cap and the Rockies purple cap. 

I have a purple rockies cap. it's one of my favourites. of course I love purple, but I really with the rox would use it more than they do.

Started writing "I wonder if I and others could embrace a TX monogram that has the X inside the stem of the T" until I realized I inadvertently invented the Undertaker symbol. whoopsie-daisy

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived