MLB Changes 2020

kimball

59 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Nats broke out their new alternates for Winterfest

Not sure if it means anything, but in everything I've seen, they're exclusively wearing those. They'd be a welcome upgrade over the current home uniforms (which look even worse with the swoosh on them)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Padres Fan Fest today (sadly no pictures). The new home uniforms look spectacular in-person in daylight worn by the players. The team is also selling replica home jerseys for $129. Didn't see any replica road primary or alternates being sold or any iteration of the two new military camouflage uniforms.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Not sure if it means anything, but in everything I've seen, they're exclusively wearing those. They'd be a welcome upgrade over the current home uniforms (which look even worse with the swoosh on them)

That's because it's a new alternate. They wore the white stars and stripes alternate during the WInterfest prior to the 2017 season, and the navy "Nationals" alternate during the one prior to the 2018 season.

31457349251_2e13fb4802_b.jpg

Source.

img_2593.jpg?w=1024&h=0&crop=1

Source.

1 hour ago, OBomb said:

Went to Padres Fan Fest today (sadly no pictures). The new home uniforms look spectacular in-person in daylight worn by the players. The team is also selling replica home jerseys for $129. Didn't see any replica road primary or alternates being sold or any iteration of the two new military camouflage uniforms.

I'm hoping those Nats white alternates become so popular, the team decides to make them primary. (I'm dreaming I know)

Those Padres unis still look sharp. I wonder how good a gold alternate would look if they decided to adopt one down the road. I think it would be great for day games in that California sun.

Blue Jays are using #NEWBLUE hashtag for their upcoming Fan Fest... only guessing but could it be hinting at something uniform related?

Edit: Yeah seems like I was right... almost definitely a powder blue uniform coming for them... not sure how I feel about this, powder blue is already overdone but if any team could potentially get it right it's Toronto.

https://twitter.com/KeeganMatheson/status/1216751372084838401

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Blue Jays are using #NEWBLUE hashtag for their upcoming Fan Fest... only guessing but could it be hinting at something uniform related?

Yes it's probably going to be powder blue uniforms as per the Toronto Blue Jays Twitter. Will be unveiled on January 18th at their winter fest. The Jays have a perfect set already imo, really hope this is just a throwback.

SIG.png

Blue Jays Tease New Blue, New Uniforms Coming

January 13, 2020 - 17:27 PM

New Blue, New Threads. Coming Soon. So read a commemorative baseball delivered to my door by the Toronto Blue Jays this morning. Both the lettering on the baseball and on the Blue Jays logos throughout the package are in a […]

Read More...

So light/powder blue unis in 2020:

Royals (alt)

Cardinals (alt)

Rays (alt)

Phillies (retro alt - probably around for another year)

Rangers (new alt)

Blue Jays (new alt)

Twins (new alt)

plus

Mariners (BP/ST)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A powder blue version of their current sets would be fantastic, and certainly in line with their brand history. I just hope they avoid what the Royals did in adapting a powder blue jersey, but keeping white pants. It's gotta be all powder blue or nothing. Own it or leave it alone.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, OBomb said:

Appreciate the info!

I called the team store this morning and the home replica jerseys are available for $129 like you mentioned, but the ones with player names on the back won't be coming in until closer to the season.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm hoping those Nats white alternates become so popular, the team decides to make them primary. (I'm dreaming I know)

Those Padres unis still look sharp. I wonder how good a gold alternate would look if they decided to adopt one down the road. I think it would be great for day games in that California sun.

Why they have three white jerseys is still insane to me.

Yet again them having 4 alternates is also nuts as well.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, OBomb said:

How was the replica compared to last seasons?  I'd assume it's $129 for the ones with no name and a bit more for the player replicas?

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

With the light blue jersey overload going on, I wonder if there is a chance these Toronto jerseys are navy blue with light blue letting and accents.  Would be a little odd with the Rays in their division though.

blue-jays-new-blue-new-logo-2020.png

They should’ve bring the turquoise back. It’s a underrated colour. 

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Archived