MLB Changes 2020

kimball

1 minute ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Does this mean that the camo jerseys are gone‽ I'm guessing not, but one can hope.

Thursday camo and Sunday throwbacks are gone. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Per a report, Pirates are getting new roads and new black uniforms. They'll have the late 80s thru mid 90s script on them. 

If the road alts don't have the stupid white outlines, I'll get one even if Nike ask for one of my kidneys...

6 hours ago, Brian E said:

Obviously, I'm curious how my own favorite team (the Mets) would execute the new ST/BP template, especially considering their unwillingness to use anything except the 'NY' on those caps since 2016. I'm going to hate this, aren't I?

Also, new jerseys for everyone, too? Or just caps?

It's either NY or Mr. Met's head. What else can the Mets really use?

XM4KeeA.png

23 hours ago, MattMill said:

Being at their mercy, while also upcharging doesn’t leave me very sympathetic to their supply issues. 

They now charge $42. We were paying $38 for USA made last year. They want to say it’s tariffs or whatever else they can throw blame at. For me, it’s just a common theme to overcharge customers and raise prices. 

Even with import tariffs increasing, they closed Derby down for a reason. The $38 msrp could’ve stayed with overseas taking over. Or find a way to raise them to $42 and stay in the USA. Instead they double dipped, closed up American production, and raised prices for inferior products. And to think it’s new eras 100th birthday this year. 

The standard ‘crappy’ Chinese mickeys place customs, or ecap city, or myfitteds caps are actually quite superior to the new breed of Bangladesh caps. HC is by far the highest prices outlet right now pushing sugar skulls and WWE more than anything else. 

Sent New Era an email telling them the cold hard truth about the garbage they're selling and got this back. I'm honestly curious knowing their explanation. I'm 99% confident they're not giving a :censored: but I guess we'll see...

Your request has been elevated

Hello,

Your request ***** has been marked as high priority with our support staff. Please allow 24 hours while we carefully review this issue for you. A member of our support team will reach out with an update soon.

Thank you,

New Era Cap Customer Care

The Pittsburgh script is fantastic even though I was cool with the whatever pointy shaped Pittsburgh block letters.

2 black alternates is odd but the script one should be worlds better than the left chest P one which was already overused so I can get behind it in the sense that it will improve and also cut back on the left chest P jersey.

Glad the camo died. Zero reason for that with the Pirates. 

I still think the Pirates could use a home white vest alternate. There are probably other teams more synonymous with vests than the Pirates but in my memories of the Pirates they're wearing white vests. It just really works for them. 

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Pittsburgh script is fantastic even though I was cool with the whatever pointy shaped Pittsburgh block letters.

2 black alternates is odd but the script one should be worlds better than the left chest P one which was already overused so I can get behind it in the sense that it will improve and also cut back on the left chest P jersey.

I still think the Pirates could use a home white vest alternate. There are probably other teams more synonymous with vests than the Pirates but in my memories of the Pirates they're wearing white vests. It just really works for them. 

I like it either way. I did like the pinstripe Sunday vests back when these uniforms are new.

I LOVE the pittsburgh script, and it likely will get me to buy a new jersey despite not wanting to pay nike prices. If these uniforms reduce the alt black hat to only home games in black, i'll consider it a win.

Hate that cap.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

FWIW, when I think vests, the teams that come to mind are the Reds, Pirates, and Florida Marlins. A lot of teams have tried it, but in my option those teams are the only ones that have done it well. Some might argue the Diamondbacks too. 

The Pirates don’t get enough credit for how classic their home whites are. A white vest Sunday uniform that harkens back to the 1960 championship team would be a great addition as far as I’m concerned. 

7 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

when I think vests, the teams that come to mind are the Reds, Pirates, and Florida Marlins

Recently I uncovered articles from 1992 when the Marlins revealed their inaugural jerseys and I hadn't realized this and I'm not sure how many knew this but when the Marlins vests were unveiled in '92 they were the first team to wear vests in literally decades, since the Orioles last did it in 1968.

So I think them bringing vests into the '90s is even more powerful than we realize because they brought back a classic baseball look after about 25 years and in turn it eventually brought vests back around to several teams, dare I say too many teams, before it died back down in the later 2000's and early 2010's.

58 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Recently I uncovered articles from 1992 when the Marlins revealed their inaugural jerseys and I hadn't realized this and I'm not sure how many knew this but when the Marlins vests were unveiled in '92 they were the first team to wear vests in literally decades, since the Orioles last did it in 1968.

So I think them bringing vests into the '90s is even more powerful than we realize because they brought back a classic baseball look after about 25 years and in turn it eventually brought vests back around to several teams, dare I say too many teams, before it died back down in the later 2000's and early 2010's.

Way too many teams. Off the top of my head, these are the teams that I can remember wearing vests since the Marlins debuted in 93:

Florida Marlins

Reds

Pirates
Diamondbacks

Mariners

Angels
Rangers

Rockies

Royals

Indians

Twins

White Sox

Rays

Blue Jays

The Athletics had throwback vest uniforms. All-Star Game BP jerseys and TATC included vests. Did I miss anyone? 

It really did take off. I saw blank 2019 ASG BP vests at TJ Maxx last weekend, and decided not to buy one because it is a vest. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Did Florida announce their 93 vests before Cincinnati? 

Not really a fan of the Pirates going back to the script font on the aways.  Their standard whites and grays were perfect with their font and the script just feels like a generic 80s/90s font similar to teams like the A's, White Sox, Brewers, etc.

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

Did Florida announce their 93 vests before Cincinnati? 

The article I read is from July 19, 1992 and it says the Marlins unveiled their uniforms "last week." No clue when Cincinnati unveiled theirs but the article said the Marlins were the first to bring back vests.

21 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Per a report, Pirates are getting new roads and new black uniforms. They'll have the late 80s thru mid 90s script on them. 

It's a good looking uniform, but the current away Pirates jersey is my favorite jersey in MLB. It's perfection.

Everyone loves a roundel.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The article I read is from July 19, 1992 and it says the Marlins unveiled their uniforms "last week." No clue when Cincinnati unveiled theirs but the article said the Marlins were the first to bring back vests.

Reds reintroduced their vest look in ‘93

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

interesting.  I know the Reds had done vested throwbacks on the road in 1991 and 1992 which were well liked by the fans and thus used for their 93 uniforms. But I have no clue when this decision was announced.  The marlins probably were first given they had the whole year prior to do stuff like that whereas the Reds wouldn’t be unveiling a 93 uniform during the 92 season 

Archived