MLB Changes 2020

kimball

As a fan (sadly), I'm a fan. Always loved this script. Wish they would nix that Jolly Roger, though. Would be very happy if they replaced it with the 70s-early 80s version or even a simpler skull-and-bones.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

OK, after the Pirates, how many teams have changes/new alts coming?

Off the top of my head....Pirates new alt, new road, Padres full rebrand, brewers full rebrand, Twins powder blue, jays powder blue, Diamondbacks tweaks to regulars and standard gray road and new alts, Rangers powder blue and tweaks to regulars, new bp for all teams. There are patches like royals memorial.

KISSwall09.jpg

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Beats the Black Jays...

No duh sherlock holmes. That is a lousy excuse too "Its better than their worst look the team has ever had!"

It's still the one area of the look that feels a bit off to me, its like it is so close to perfect and just that one issue bugs me.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a licensing rule where if the hat maker alters a logo (stacking logos on top of each other would be an alteration), then the actual logo needs to be somewhere on the item. Maybe it just applies to on-field items.

yup, this is true. if you alter the logo (usually by removing some element. like, let's say, making a shirt with just mr. met's head, the full mr. met logo has to appear on the shirt somewhere), you have to resolve/reconcile it.

sig2024.png

2 hours ago, hormone said:

Off the top of my head....Pirates new alt, new road, Padres full rebrand, brewers full rebrand, Twins powder blue, jays powder blue, Diamondbacks tweaks to regulars and standard gray road and new alts, Rangers powder blue and tweaks to regulars, new bp for all teams. There are patches like royals memorial.

Oops. I was unclear. I meant whether there's any other changes yet to be announced.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

No duh sherlock holmes. That is a lousy excuse too "Its better than their worst look the team has ever had!"

It's still the one area of the look that feels a bit off to me, its like it is so close to perfect and just that one issue bugs me.

It's looked off to me that they don't have the baseball behind the logo on the cap and jerseys.  I heard they don't because of an MLB rule that teams can't have a baseball on jerseys and caps.  But the Brewers have ball on their new caps.

I do still like the Blue Jays uniforms without the baseball behind the logo.  

Is Cleveland gonna have a block C inside of a block C, with a block C on the side to make it legit?

Will orioles will have half a bird eye inside the Os logo?

Will Det have half a tiger face inside the Detroit D?

i mean who comes up with this? Some logos will be absolutely illegible, worse than the reds. 

will the nationals have their roundel inside of their W logo (even though it already features the W)? Same with the twins and their alternate ?

this is a car wreck I can’t look away from. 

I I don’t hate the Pirates new black alternate but I’d prefer they just used gold lettering instead of the black-on-black, and why is it so hard for them to figure out that they only need ONE cap? Whether the outline is white or gold, either one is totally unnecessary and doesn’t match the jersey anyway. 

Semi-related comment: I would love to see the pirates go all-black from head to toe. I think they could pull it off.

9 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

would love to see the pirates go all-black from head to toe. I think they could pull it off.

MLBuniforms-cmsp-082519-ph05

I was going to protest this post, but after seeing this photo, I could see it being not a bad look as long as they got some yellow involved.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I was going to protest this post, but after seeing this photo, I could see it being not a bad look as long as they got some yellow involved.

spacer.png

Disregarding the yellow jersey and cap, this was my idea from a couple years ago. I like it on paper, anyway.

7 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Make the lettering and logo Yellow, add some yellow piping on the collar/sleves and a stripe on the pants, this is a solid look.

Anubis.png

Archived