Misconceptions of logos

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

For a long time, when I saw the Nordiques logo, I saw an elephant. I always knew it couldn’t be an elephant but that’s what I saw.ihhp0oe6oigz6hmepf9gsra48.png

Even now, I know it’s an igloo, but still have to make myself look at it that way rather than seeing the abstract elephant with the ball on its trunk.

hockey player bent over from behind w/ a hockey stick and ball

10 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Tyler-John-Tyler-logo.jpg?ssl=1

As a kid, I had Lions stuff all over my room and stared at this thing every night for years. The white hole looks like an eye. I know it`s supposed to be the space between his leg and chin, but they could`ve made it a bit more pronounced. DROVE ME NUTS. So glad they updated it. 

19275122_10154743283747759_2421467575986

I could only ever see a Jb. Still to this day, I have to really look for the M. I think it would be brilliant if they made the right curl a bit more pronounced without disrupting the b. 

To a less extent, I used to think the old Bronco head in the D was snorting out lasers. 

elb. I still believe!

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I saw that too. I still don’t know if the B is purposely there and had a reason or not?

The "b" was there on purpose.  The "l" was never intended, it's just blank space they didn't know what to do with.

EXPOS1.jpg?format=1500w

That's why this is objectively a bad logo.

expos11.gif

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

The "b" was there on purpose.  The "l" was never intended, it's just blank space they didn't know what to do with.

EXPOS1.jpg?format=1500w

That's why this is objectively a bad logo.

expos11.gif

Why would someone design a logo for Montreal, which starts with an m, with the most prominent feature being a B? Does it represent Blue?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's okay, the pitch is outside.  Good eye, batter, good eye!

Walk's as good as a hit!  Walk's as good as a hit!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's okay, the pitch is outside.  Good eye, batter, good eye!

Maybe it’s a coach just tossing one up for infield practice.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

20 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

19275122_10154743283747759_2421467575986

I could only ever see a Jb. Still to this day, I have to really look for the M. I think it would be brilliant if they made the right curl a bit more pronounced without disrupting the b. 

The Expos' logo was discussed on an episode of Newhart that aired on March 21, 1988. In it, George the handyman, a childlike character played by the delightful Tom Poston, has decided to give up on the Red Sox (note that the show is set in Vermont) because the team has caused him too much pain. He wants to find a new team to root for by spring training, and he asks his boss Dick (Bob Newhart) for help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxfqtYjTSc3QdmRMblNVVUxvSE0

1203937298_1.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

12 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I saw that too. I still don’t know if the B is purposely there and had a reason or not?

El Beisbol.

Because Spanish.

In Quebec. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Kinda similarly, when I was a kid I had a Gilbert Arenas basketball card and he was wearing a Bullets throwback jersey. Since the card said he played for the Wizards, he couldn't possibly be the player in the jersey that said "Bullets" so I just assumed the arm in his face at the edge of the card was Gilbert Arenas. Afterward, I became very confused as to how I never got any cards with players from the Bullets. 

This reads like an A-grade John Mulaney bit. Really funny/relatable.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

2 hours ago, jc... said:

Not necessarily a logo misconception, but when I was younger, I thought an Argonaut was nothing more than a Canadian Astronaut.  

That was true of me too. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I still read the Under Armour logo as a capital H... My mind refuses to see it as a UA especially when seen in action/motion.

Image result for under armour logo

WHAT??!!?? No joke I had nooo idea that it wasn't an 'H' 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Why would someone design a logo for Montreal, which starts with an m, with the most prominent feature being a B? Does it represent Blue?

M E L B

Montreal Expos
Expos Le Baseball (translation, Expos Baseball)

On 1/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, charger77 said:

I originally thought that about the Canucks too as a kid in the late ‘80s

I wonder if we would have thought this way if we'd been able to stare at high quality logos on the internet back then. My main exposure to the logo came from NHL 94 on the Genesis which isn't exactly high-res. Or it could just be that kids are dumb. Who could say?

I didn't know the Nordiques logo was supposed to be an igloo until the advent of the internet. I never understood what I was looking at, but now that people are saying they used to think it was an elephant I keep seeing it as an elephant.

Archived