Misconceptions of logos

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, mjrbaseball said:

Getting back to the Broncos...

ad4a9f30667cc4601ffb0379549cbdc9.jpg

Does no one see an arm coming in from the right, sticking its finger into the horse's nostril?

It’s a horse vomiting the Space Needle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

siue-cougars-soccer-logo.jpg

I can't say I ever actually misconceived what the SIUe logo is considering I have a whole bunch of family in Edwardsville and the athletics logo rarely appears without "COUGARS" right underneath it, but I swear this thing looks like a demon beaver and not a cougar. And honestly, the SIUe Demon Beavers would be a much more unique mascot and I would fully support it. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 7/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, Maroon said:

I can't say I ever actually misconceived what the SIUe logo is considering I have a whole bunch of family in Edwardsville and the athletics logo rarely appears without "COUGARS" right underneath it, but I swear this thing looks like a demon beaver and not a cougar. And honestly, the SIUe Demon Beavers would be a much more unique mascot and I would fully support it. 

Can it be called a misconception if no one can tell what it is in the first place? (See also University of Denver)

3 hours ago, Maroon said:

As an alum of SIUE, who was a student when this logo was unveiled, I thought it looked like a beaver too when it first came out and I remember others thinking it looked like a falcon or a sabertooth tiger. Such a terrible logo, and I can't believe it has lasted over a decade. 

19 hours ago, mjrbaseball said:

Getting back to the Broncos...

ad4a9f30667cc4601ffb0379549cbdc9.jpg

Does no one see an arm coming in from the right, sticking its finger into the horse's nostril?

When I was younger, I thought it was like a fancy-tipped jousting lance-type thing

(Coming in from the right, towards the bronco)

For years I had no clue what a clipper was and thus the Clippers logo made no sense to me. Then I found out it's a type of ship and I also came across their old San Diego logo which had abstract sails in it, and it all came together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this thread dead? If it's not, i had to tell. 

When i saw Guelph Storm(OHL) 's old logo, My first thought is a angry rhinoceros running in a tornado variation like Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes.

The tornado's tooth/fang looks like a rhinoceros' horn especially.  

It's not a great logo.

spacer.png

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On 1/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, Forged in Steel said:

When I was younger, I believed the NFL Q.B. Club logo was a bird.  Pardon the crude illustration example.

TJd9nm1.jpg

Ditto, I was very confused as to why the logo was shouting out the ravens.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived