MLS rebrands by mcrosby: LAFC, Cinci, Chicago

mcrosby

Another quick one. Minnesota United is now Twin Cities United, so that the name makes a bit of sense. Their current crest is gorgeous, and I've only made a few changes.

• Flipped the logo so the name fits a bit better, and so the blue sash better represents the direction of the Mississippi River through the cities. 
  • Added a ring to the neck
  • removed the line from the largest wing feather. It wasn't necessary and it was just another area for the sash to try to peek through 
  • Increased the size of the head and body of the loon. 

hQlHOVr.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing as always! I'm not 100% for the name as the team seems to try their best to reach out and represent the state as a whole, but Twin Cities sounds great none the less. The changes you made to the loon (specifically adding the neck ring) just made an already amazing logo somehow better. Kudos.

Your updates to Miami, Minnesota and Sacramento (which I love the addition of, as well as St.Louis) are really good! Like really good. I do have one gripe though, the bottom of the Republic's crest, while yes it fits the state shape, doesn't look the best squared off like that. I round it off like it should be.

I also just realized you changed Colorado. Which is awesome looking. I would try it without the text at the top maybe though.

I like the change of Vancouver from dark red to brown. Looks much better!

Who are we seeing next?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Great work in this thread. As someone not familiar with the MLS, I'm struggling to tell which are your designs and which are real-which I would take as a compliment.  Which ones have you not touched? Seattle, Portland, Chicago? All other's I am unsure of

Just now, tjs11 said:

Great work in this thread. As someone not familiar with the MLS, I'm struggling to tell which are your designs and which are real-which I would take as a compliment.  Which ones have you not touched? Seattle, Portland, Chicago? All other's I am unsure of

Untouched:

• Chicago
  • Cincinnati
  • Columbus
  • Dallas
  • LAFC
  • LA Galaxy
  • Montreal
  • Orlando
  • Philadelphia
  • Portland 
  • Seattle

Not feeling Minnesota, but the original is a tough one to beat. I like the striped neck, though!

I like that St Louis concept! The script is both fun and classy, and all the elements are well-incorporated. I think I like the half-oval better, because the Arch's reflection in the oval feels oddly empty. My only concern is that the colors are very similar to Portland; I'd be curious to see some version of the city flag colors or something.

Colorado looks pretty good, but a tad cramped. I'd shrink the Rapids wordmark a bit.

Guest darkpiranha

Awesome.  It almost looks like a bowtie crosses with a straight tie.  Put a lumberjack face above it, and you have lumberjack formal wear.

For Portland, the wordmark is a hard pass. Gives it a lot more of a Brandiose or semi-pro vibe than most of the others in this series, but without it, it’s a solid update to one of the better logos in MLS. However if you really want a version with the name of the city, I’d go roundel.

I'll play around with some other colorways for ACSTL. Until then: 

LA Galaxy: I wanted to go with something closer to original colors for LA. They love their championship stars, so why not make them a part of the logo? I'm on board with adding a new hypocycloid for each championship they end up with. 

rJpavNW.png

The Galaxy update, while I like the structure, just looks muddy with the colors you picked.

I’m not entirely bullish on a lot of the concepts presented here. The Timbers concept, while inventive, is a significant downgrade from their current design. NYCFC is too Yankees-derivative, even though I get why you did it. 

I do do like what you did with Twin Cities United, Colorado Rapids, New England Revolution (I love the font), New Jersey Metrostars (though I wish the color scheme was a bit different, not red/black stripes), Inter Miami (it could use a pinch of aqua), Austin FC, Sporting Kansas City (thank you for keeping the name), AC St. Louis, Music City/Six Strings (the brown color schemes are my favorites), and the San José Earthquakes. This may be one of my favorite concepts for the team, even though I wish you’d include an accent mark over the e. The Whitecaps recolor is also a good idea, as is the Sacramento Republic overhaul (a little green wouldn’t hurt the design).

There are a few where I like the execution, but not the idea behind it.

Terminus Atlanta is a good idea and well-executed, but I’m fine with “Atlanta United.” Houston Apollos is also a fantastic design, but I like Dynamo a bit more (of course, I’d prefer it if they were still the Quakes, but oh well). The execution is top-notch for Salt Lake, but I don’t think it’s better than Real Salt Lake. Yes, I’m the one person here who doesn’t mind the name and crest.

I like the eagle-less DC United designs the best, as the eagle isn’t to my tastes (too Axis). Heck, red/white is a better colorway than red/black. 

I also have a decent amount of disgust for any attempt to revive the poisonous Cosmos brand (it should die and stay dead forever). Your update is a stellar one, but I dislike the hypothesis behind it.

I’m looking forward to seeing how you handle Seattle, a team that needs an overhaul.

Archived