MLS rebrands by mcrosby: LAFC, Cinci, Chicago

mcrosby

30 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Galaxy update, while I like the structure, just looks muddy with the colors you picked.

I wanted the main crest shape to disappear a bit when on black or teal, so that the stars and name stood out on their own while still a part of the crest, something like a night sky. 

31 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Timbers concept, while inventive, is a significant downgrade

Their current look is just so good. 

32 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wish you’d include an accent mark over the e

I definitely should have. Thanks for the heads up. 

I like the eagle-less DC United designs the best

Me too, but the people cried out for an eagle. 

I’m looking forward to seeing how you handle Seattle, a team that needs an overhaul.

Got ideas? I'm really struggling to come up with something. I'm currently leaning towards an Orca and no space needle. We get it, Seattle has a pointy building. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is one heck of an epic MLS Logo concept thread!

BRAVISSIMO 👍

Fantastic work, each and everyone of them!

I'd buy merch for those teams or get inked with those.

I especially like the NYCFC shape and simplification, the Nashville Guitar pick shape.

Looking forward with what you come up with for the Caps.

6 hours ago, element7ero said:

this is one heck of an epic MLS Logo concept thread!

BRAVISSIMO 👍

Fantastic work, each and everyone of them!

I'd buy merch for those teams or get inked with those.

I especially like the NYCFC shape and simplification, the Nashville Guitar pick shape.

Looking forward with what you come up with for the Caps.

I did a small update for the Whitecaps over in my CPL thread (that started when I hit a creative block in this thread). 

• 1 month later...

First off, Chi moving back to Soldier Field would be FANTASTIC.

Love your approach, especially the powder blue. In terms of the name, I don't mind them keeping fire, but Municipal is solid. Me, as an English football fan, would take a more "generic" name like Chicago City FC or honestly just Chicago FC. Preference not withstanding, this is a beautiful concept. 

Hope irl these rumors are true and end up actually happening.

spacer.png

Please, pleeeeeease submit this to the team somehow. 

Municipal is the perfect way to incorporate a European-style name with Chicago given the importance of the municipal device. Funnily enough, the center part of your logo is extremely close to what I'm getting as a tattoo, so I'm really diggin it.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, mcrosby said:

St. Louis is looking more and more likely. I always liked the short lived ACSTL brand and wish it was the look being promoted to the MLS. I wanted this logo to look very European, so I went with an oval. I also thought I'd try a half oval. Let me know your preference.

cSfYsVH.png

This is... fantastic. I'd love nothing more than for the potential expansion club to actually use this. Simple, yet it contains so many elements. The St. Louis flag is even incorporated tastefully but not in a way that's obvious or obnoxious. Also really like the creativity with making the top of the L into a T.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

I don't like the name change for Chicago, but the flag colors are nice. That second version of the logo without the ring is pretty cool!

I like the German for Cincinnati, and the diagonal crest works way better with the lion than the Pentagon!

I agree that the Galaxy looks muddy.

I'd be happy to see your takes on LAFC and/or my Sounders!

I like Chicago Municipal.  It sounds like it could actually have 19th century origins, and it ties the municipal device into the identity.  

The only problem is that I don't think there's any way the Cubs don't object to this.  Which is a shame, because it feels very "Chicago" as it is.  Maybe play with the colors a bit?

Absolutely gorgeous! Your LAFC logo's the best one yet!

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

The only problem is that I don't think there's any way the Cubs don't object to this

Would they? They didn't complain about the Bulls city uni, and the Cubs don't use powder blue anyway.

I like the Pegasus idea for Dallas; you could adapt the old Burn logo for that.

A lot of options for Seattle: the old '90s orca, the city flag, Mount Rainier, and/or a WASDOT ferry.

Maybe a fountain logo for KC?

12 minutes ago, vtgco said:

I like the Pegasus idea for Dallas; you could adapt the old Burn logo for that.

A lot of options for Seattle: the old '90s orca, the city flag, Mount Rainier, and/or a WASDOT ferry.

Maybe a fountain logo for KC?

I really like the KC logo, and just swapped the S for a K in one of the more subtle updates for this series. You can see it a few pages back. 

Another option for Seattle is just a simplification of their current logo: 

W4w84bw.png

16 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I really like the KC logo, and just swapped the S for a K in one of the more subtle updates for this series. You can see it a few pages back. 

Another option for Seattle is just a simplification of their current logo: 

W4w84bw.png

I actually really like that simplification of the crest but the neon green is really not my jam

bouta go sicko mode

Archived