International Soccer Kits 2019

Digby

I couldn't find the 18/19 thread and wasn't sure if maybe we should keep clubs and national teams separate. Seems a good idea as we'll presumably be seeing a bunch of new kits for Women's World Cup and the men's Gold Cup and Copa America? 

Anyway, USA leak ahoy. The stars denote this is a USWNT look but Footy Headlines says this is probably something the men will use too. I think the last few Gold Cups the USA has got a new "third kit" that ends up functioning as essentially a new primary, so we'll see if this is different.

usa-2019-womens-world-cup-away-kit-3.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is certainly an interesting collar on the US kit. I imagine that the Nike-sponsored nations will have a lot of designs similar to what we saw in the club third kits this year - distressed, sublimated, geographic-based patterns - compared to the more geometric patterns we saw in the 2018 WC.

9 hours ago, rsaline said:

That is certainly an interesting collar on the US kit. I imagine that the Nike-sponsored nations will have a lot of designs similar to what we saw in the club third kits this year - distressed, sublimated, geographic-based patterns - compared to the more geometric patterns we saw in the 2018 WC.

Yeah, the collar is very bizarre. And I am dreading this current design aesthetic. I get the 90s are back but I thought it was like, Seinfeld and rave kid streetwear 90s. Not "I just discovered grunge effect Photoshop brushes" 90s.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, rsaline said:

Is that Nike jock tag a throwback to what they put on the back collar?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Yeah, the collar is very bizarre. And I am dreading this current design aesthetic. I get the 90s are back but I thought it was like, Seinfeld and rave kid streetwear 90s. Not "I just discovered grunge effect Photoshop brushes" 90s.

Man, Nike has been really disappointing since the 2014 WC. That was their prime. Simple silhouette, clean distinguishable designs. The collars have all been very wonky since.   I will say i like the current (WC cycle) US jerseys, but that red looks like a training top.  

To think we're only a few years removed from the centennial jerseys 🙄

https://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2018/12/11/south-africa-nelson-mandela-centenary-asics-rugby-jersey/

Adding here since we don't have a dedicated rugby uniform page. (One off jersey that definitely stands out)

South Africa Nelson Mandela 2018 2019 Centenary Asics Rugby Jersey, Shirt, Kit

Also,

Lebanon 2019 Asian Cup Capelli Home Soccer Jersey, Shirt, Kit, Maillot

Lebanon (Capelli)

Bahrain 2019 Macron Home and Away Football Kit, Soccer Jersey, Shirt

Bahrain (Macron)

https://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2019/01/22/puma-signs-multi-year-deal-with-egypt-fa/

Egypt returning to Puma in 2019 as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, Digby said:

I couldn't find the 18/19 thread and wasn't sure if maybe we should keep clubs and national teams separate. Seems a good idea as we'll presumably be seeing a bunch of new kits for Women's World Cup and the men's Gold Cup and Copa America? 

Anyway, USA leak ahoy. The stars denote this is a USWNT look but Footy Headlines says this is probably something the men will use too. I think the last few Gold Cups the USA has got a new "third kit" that ends up functioning as essentially a new primary, so we'll see if this is different.

usa-2019-womens-world-cup-away-kit-3.jpg

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/11/2019-fifa-womens-world-cup-kit-overview.html

Here are designs for the rest for the Nike teams, save Canada.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

I realized they specifically said in the other jersey thread it said CLUB, so I took it upon myself to start this thread only for International gear. 

This Summer is already starting with the Gold Cup, Euros, Copa America, African Cup of Nations and Women's World Cup so its gonna be busy. I will start off with those that have already been revealed

Jamaica

spacer.png

spacer.png

USA

spacer.png

Mexico 

spacer.png

Colombia 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here’s a look at the full France kit. Exceptionally nice and while I know Nike sometimes gets some stick for their designs, they definitely know when to let a team’s special event or anniversary design do the talking. Does anyone know if they will continue to wear this kit all year or is it just a one-off?

spacer.png

Nike has done similar with Celtic and Manchester United off the top of my head.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And while Nike’s centennial collection for the United States wasn’t exclusively a throwback sans swooshes, it was a gorgeous collection.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here’s a look at the full France kit. Exceptionally nice and while I know Nike sometimes gets some stick for their designs, they definitely know when to let a team’s special event or anniversary design do the talking. Does anyone know if they will continue to wear this kit all year or is it just a one-off?

spacer.png

Sounds like it’s just a one-off to be worn in tomorrow’s Euro qualifier against Iceland. The FFF was founded on April 7th, 1919, so tomorrow’s game is the closest one to that date.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived