International Soccer Kits 2019

Digby

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Poland special edition for 100th anniversary of PZPN (Polish FA):

special-edition-nike-poland-100th-anniversary-shirt-2.jpgspecial-edition-nike-poland-100th-anniversary-shirt-3.jpg

I feel like Nike should have fixed the collar to represent what Poland was wearing at that time.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany wore a different variation of their classic green kit, this time pairing it with green shorts. Not the best look, but not terrible.

If this looks familiar, that’s because EA Sports FIFA World Cup mode included this exact look as the default Germany away kit, whereas it should be paired with (the much better) white shorts.

I can’t recall a time where Germany has ever worn solid green. Anyone?

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I can’t recall a time where Germany has ever worn solid green. Anyone?

They wore solid green against England at Euro 2000:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The women’s team also had an all-green/teal away kit for Euro 2017:

spacer.png

As far as I know these are the only prior examples of them wearing all-green, though. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I knew about the women, but didn’t know about that England kit. Either way, not my favorite look, especially with how classic the green is for them. The green should only be paired with matching socks and white shorts. Anything else feels akin to seeing Brazil in yellow tops and white shorts. Modern football regulations are destroying the classic designs.

Thailand's home uniform

pYabGFq.jpg

The games so far:

Group A

France vs South Korea

PGczT6g.jpg

Norway vs Nigeria:

AfClLTp.jpg

Group B

Spain vs South Africa

iKEnl7A.jpg

China vs Germany

GK9gcRK.jpg

Group C

Brazil vs Jamaica

V9nMG62.jpg

Australia vs Italy

8AolVJ4.jpg

Group D

England vs Scotland

Vg618xz.jpg

Japan vs Argentina

xMFIO3r.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, aawagner011 said:

The US men are debuting their new red kit for the first time, which has a different number placement than the women. I’m guessing this is because the women have the WWC titleholder badge and it looks better centered with that?

For comparison, here is the women’s take on it.

I’m not much of a fan of this kit. I have never liked royal blue (the trim on this kit) for the national team- I much prefer navy blue. The blue numbers on red probably looked good in a mock-up but will be impossible during a game to distinguish. Don’t really like the design. The shirt by itself is ok. The entire kit is just rather blah with matching red shorts and then those socks stick out like a sore thumb.

I've actually really warmed up to the current home/away kits and i think they utilize the two blues near perfectly. 

But these reds are not good. The royal and red shades have the same color value and it was impossible to tell what player was who during yesterdays game. White numbers would've made these salvageable. 

USA red vs. Thailand light blue was a nice color matchup. I really hate the decision to put blue numbers on those USWNT kits though; good thing there are some distinctive hairstyles on the squad because you can't tell who's who based on the jersey.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

One thing I only just thought about: what's the deal with home teams and kit choice in FIFA tournaments? USA was home yesterday but wore the red kits anyway, so I assume home team gets first choice, even if they'd like to wear an away kit?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 minutes ago, Digby said:

One thing I only just thought about: what's the deal with home teams and kit choice in FIFA tournaments? USA was home yesterday but wore the red kits anyway, so I assume home team gets first choice, even if they'd like to wear an away kit?

FIFA picks the matchup, to include who wears what. That's why both teams have worn their clash kits in matches.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, aawagner011 said:

I knew about the women, but didn’t know about that England kit. Either way, not my favorite look, especially with how classic the green is for them. The green should only be paired with matching socks and white shorts. Anything else feels akin to seeing Brazil in yellow tops and white shorts. Modern football regulations are destroying the classic designs.

The worst part about it is that reffing hasn’t improved at all.

It’s literally a measure put into place to pretend like something is being done about reffing. And knowing FIFA I’d never be surprised to find out that uniform manufacturers are paying exorbitant amounts to change rules so they can design uniforms how they want while being allowed to say it’s not their fault Brazil doesn’t look like Brazil.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

FIFA wants solid colors vs solid colors (or light vs dark) because they want the broadcast to be accessible to poorer regions where people are still watching games in black and white. Its easy for us to differentiate with our 4K TVs, but not everyone us as fortunate. The last 4 World Cup Finals were monochrome vs monochrome (ignoring classic shorts) for a reason.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

and for the sake of not arguing with me, Croatia is full white 👿

Another gorgeous matchup today, this time between France and Nigeria:

spacer.png

IMO, this is right up there with Australia/Brazil for the matchup of the tournament so far. I’d probably even give it a slight edge over that matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Worst Gold Cup uniform goes to Costa Rica

pMA8Wre.jpg

Bermuda(navy) vs Haiti (white)

jg0p8l2.jpg

More World Cup matchups

Korea vs Norway

JKiHHTl.jpg

Canada vs New Zealand

FsEIGrF.jpg